Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2013, 11:27 AM

5,208 posts, read 4,666,583 times

Advertisements

I really can't speak towards the generalizations the OP has made because I personally know men and women who are highly successful in dating and others who go years without any luck. However, based on personal experience, I can tell you that "juggling" multiple women can be very expensive and having only a moderate six figure income, you will soon realize that it's much more feasible to settle on one. I'm sure there are men out there with the means to play the field but personally, even though I have no problems getting dates, my activities are somewhat curtailed by my desire not to spend every single cent on dating. Perhaps this is the difference you are noticing because women can potentially juggle a lot of men and not have to spend a fortune doing it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2013, 01:55 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,396,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
I really can't speak towards the generalizations the OP has made because I personally know men and women who are highly successful in dating and others who go years without any luck. However, based on personal experience, I can tell you that "juggling" multiple women can be very expensive and having only a moderate six figure income, you will soon realize that it's much more feasible to settle on one. I'm sure there are men out there with the means to play the field but personally, even though I have no problems getting dates, my activities are somewhat curtailed by my desire not to spend every single cent on dating. Perhaps this is the difference you are noticing because women can potentially juggle a lot of men and not have to spend a fortune doing it.
i doubt dating multiple women at once meant literally taking multiple women out on dates to expensive resteraunts. Could be anything from hooking up to hanging out or doing whatever activities with them. But yes in a traditional sense, dating multiple women would be very expensive

Old 07-22-2013, 02:01 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
It doesn't have to take extraordinary means. Dating doesn't always have to involve money, or not more than token amounts.

Old 07-22-2013, 03:00 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It doesn't have to take extraordinary means. Dating doesn't always have to involve money, or not more than token amounts.
Ain't that the truth.

The last 'date' I went on, we got free tickets to an event through his work, he bought coffee for us and I bought drinks for us later on in the evening. Then, we went to a free concert. Total cost of the entire 13ish hour date? Maybe $40, and that was because we went with nice bourbon instead of cheaper beer or cocktails.

Dating doesn't have to be expensive and if a person (man or woman) demands to be taken to an expensive place I'd just decline and move on.

Old 07-22-2013, 05:46 PM

355 posts, read 388,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You didn't read my post. I said if the men don't react when women approach them, the women are out of luck. You're assuming women don't approach, but you're wrong.
I highly doubt they do as much as men have to/are expected to, otherwise they'd have results

Old 07-22-2013, 10:34 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilkingx2 View Post
I highly doubt they do as much as men have to/are expected to, otherwise they'd have results
Some do get results. A friend of mine married a guy she approached, after approaching several.

Old 07-24-2013, 01:42 AM

4,463 posts, read 6,226,427 times
I honestly believe the reason is that we have not had a MAJOR war that killed a significant number of males since WW2. Vietnam was unpopular but it only killed like 20,000 men when you have a population of 300 million of which 150 million are dudes that's not even a dent. I think we are due for another major war, if not I think we will start seeing a lot of civil strife that turns violent in the years to come.

I know a lot of the smart Chinese men leave china because the ratio is so horrid there, a lot of them go to Africa.

Old 07-24-2013, 07:39 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
I honestly believe the reason is that we have not had a MAJOR war that killed a significant number of males since WW2. Vietnam was unpopular but it only killed like 20,000 men when you have a population of 300 million of which 150 million are dudes that's not even a dent. I think we are due for another major war, if not I think we will start seeing a lot of civil strife that turns violent in the years to come.

I know a lot of the smart Chinese men leave china because the ratio is so horrid there, a lot of them go to Africa.
Plenty of Chinese men go to border of Russia to find wives. Russia has surplus of females and China has a surplus of men. Sounds like a match made in hell.

Old 07-24-2013, 07:46 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
why fewer nice guys available? same reason russians are a paranoid nation, collective trauma. in this country 42 million casualties of marriage and family.
marriage is down 50%, only half of eligible people are married. most of those divorces filed by women very dissatisfied with the marriage. the burning question. did those 42 million breakups result in a nation of more happy people? penn state stats show guys are much happier than women. so maybe the divorces were a good thing, for guys.

Old 07-24-2013, 07:51 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,602,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
why fewer nice guys available? same reason russians are a paranoid nation, collective trauma. in this country 42 million casualties of marriage and family.
marriage is down 50%, only half of eligible people are married. most of those divorces filed by women very dissatisfied with the marriage. the burning question. did those 42 million breakups result in a nation of more happy people? penn state stats show guys are much happier than women. so maybe the divorces were a good thing, for guys.
Not sure how guys are happier than women, when the suicide rate for men has gone up nearly 400% in the last 50 years, while it stayed the same for women. No fault divorce and destruction of the family unit is an incredibly damaging and troubling trend, and it is most definitely damaging to our society and civilization as a whole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships