Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 04:27 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,620,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbiggs View Post
Men and women don't understand each other at all. I say a man and a horse pretty much have the same desires in life: food, a spot in the herd, a mate, protection from danger, and not having to expend more energy then necessary when it's hot out. Women on the other hand are an enigma wrapped in a mystery wrapped in a big boatload of weird hormones.
I agree, men are from Mars and women are from Venus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2013, 04:35 PM

2,098 posts, read 2,491,849 times
Quote:
LMAO @ female dry spell. Any halfway cute woman is getting approached about a 100 times a year (at the very least). Obviously, a certain percentage of that will be losers and creeps but there are plenty of normal and high quality men in that group

Female dry spell is voluntary. She stays single because she can't find a guy who is everything that she wants
This is silly. You have fanciful views of what it's like to be a woman (and this is only natural since you aren't one), when in reality, like Nila was saying, women experience the same dry spells guys do. The sad thing is, your misconception of this is only making the chip on your shoulder bigger.

Old 07-20-2013, 04:43 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,964,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbiggs View Post
Men and women don't understand each other at all. I say a man and a horse pretty much have the same desires in life: food, a spot in the herd, a mate, protection from danger, and not having to expend more energy then necessary when it's hot out. Women on the other hand are an enigma wrapped in a mystery wrapped in a big boatload of weird hormones.
And they channel dead crazy people when they go psycho.

Old 07-20-2013, 05:45 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,977,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
And they channel dead crazy people when they go psycho.
I hate it when that happens.

Old 07-20-2013, 06:16 PM

102,134 posts, read 107,402,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalRites View Post
LMAO @ female dry spell. Any halfway cute woman is getting approached about a 100 times a year (at the very least). Obviously, a certain percentage of that will be losers and creeps but there are plenty of normal and high quality men in that group

Female dry spell is voluntary. She stays single because she can't find a guy who is everything that she wants
This is, of course, ridiculous. "Halfway cute women" go years without being approached. Your sister, if the photo you posted last year was, in fact her, is way above "halfway cute". Get a grip. You're living in a fantasy land. And you're torturing yourself by believing this cr@p. Mod cut: Off topic.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 07-20-2013 at 08:11 PM..

Old 07-20-2013, 06:41 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,580,677 times
Quote:

Why is it so incredibly difficult for most men to be successful with women?
I don't even believe all the crap on the net posted about looks, status, personality, confidence or income...
Because of a number of factors, but mostly because the times have changed..... Prior to the 1970's, it use to be you could be a forklift driver, or a construction worker, and you could attract a slim, fairly attractive woman, but these days with women working making their own money (less need for a man), and with so many male athletes and celebrities who make millions of dollars a year that attract so many women and are easily accessible via twitter or FB, it makes the dating market 100x harder for the average guy.

So in other words, women simply don't need men in the way that they use to, and when they do go for a man these days, they only go for "the best" (i.e. most famous, most money, most entertaining).

It's the same for Korea , Japan, and parts of Western Europe. This is why men are now looking to counties like Ukraine or Cambodia to look for a wife....

Old 07-20-2013, 06:55 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,580,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
I always found it to be kind of a chain reaction kind of thing and that is its easier to find a girl friend if you already have one.
Yea, I agree.... I'm seeing two women right now and they both know about each other. This situation is a plus for me because it brings out competition within each of the girls over me (not that I foster it), and it's much easier to talk to a 3rd, or 4th woman.

Old 07-20-2013, 07:38 PM

Quote:

When my sister lived with our family, she would get approached at least 20-30 times a month. If she actually tried to look cute and went out to socialize, it was closer to 50-100 times a month

not that I'm aware off

You know I have to agree with you. I think women are way more likely to get approached than men. What happens is that women frequent difcerent places and certainly in some places they are not likely to get approached because of the enviroment but I agree with you that if a woman truly wants to get approached or get some attention or some.action she can.easily find it. It might not be exactly what she wants but is more than the average joe gets. For example I am.at my favorite pub right now and it is a great place. I know some of the staff including the general manager and I can tell you that there are only a few ladies here but not a single one of them is all alone and not surrounded by more than one guy.

Old 07-20-2013, 08:21 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,977,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
Because of a number of factors, but mostly because the times have changed..... Prior to the 1970's, it use to be you could be a forklift driver, or a construction worker, and you could attract a slim, fairly attractive woman, but these days with women working making their own money (less need for a man), and with so many male athletes and celebrities who make millions of dollars a year that attract so many women and are easily accessible via twitter or FB, it makes the dating market 100x harder for the average guy.

So in other words, women simply don't need men in the way that they use to, and when they do go for a man these days, they only go for "the best" (i.e. most famous, most money, most entertaining).

It's the same for Korea , Japan, and parts of Western Europe. This is why men are now looking to counties like Ukraine or Cambodia to look for a wife....
This only makes sense in the imaginary universe where women want sex less than men do.

Old 07-20-2013, 09:06 PM

Women might want sex as much as men but it sure doesn't seem that way to me. Maybe in their middle age and it a committed relationship but that doesn't speak for all ages and circumstances in general.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships