Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 03:58 PM

1 posts, read 10,098 times

Advertisements

I will be turning 30 in one month, I am 5'1". It's sad because even most school children are taller than me(including teenage girls) and I never had the experience of going out on a date, going on a dance or having fun like my other friends do. I have a great job and make 6 figures, am quite well versed in a multitude of subjects and am very eloquent in the way I speak etc. However, I never had a girlfriend or an intimate sexual experience.

I have been reflecting on my life for the past few days as I am approaching 30. Is being a virgin at 30 years old quite unnatural and unheard of? Most of my friends are all married or settled with women in life and I find myself being more and more lonely in this world. I have also been losing hope that I would ever find someone that could accept me for me being vertically challenged. I have a decent body, workout, eat healthy etc but there's nothing I can do about my height.

I am not complaining here about anything, I understand why most women wouldn't want to date someone as short as I am and I don't blame them for it. But I just don't know what to make of my life, whether to still harbor hope of having a relationship and a normal family life or just reconcile myself to living alone for the rest of my life.

Old 07-21-2013, 04:03 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,928,467 times
Write a book about your experiences being a vertically challenged male!

Old 07-21-2013, 04:07 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,190,954 times
Funny, the guy I know that has the most one night stands is a rather short man, about 4 inches higher than your height.

Old 07-21-2013, 04:09 PM

72 posts, read 206,285 times
You can be short and still be alpha. You just need a really magnetic personality. And you must stand out. I think you should work on things that can be changed, like your mindset. I've seen short brahs get a lot of women simply because they were the guy everyone wanted to be around. Be genetically different, brah.

Old 07-21-2013, 04:10 PM

19,954 posts, read 29,990,395 times
i know many shorter guys i look up too in stature and character

if you define yourself by height, others will too

i see alot of cute short girls around- some women like the shorter guys,,,

Old 07-21-2013, 04:11 PM

220 posts, read 361,078 times
Taylor you seem like a very intelligent guy, a nice guy. You will find someone. Yes its going to be difficult but as a matter of fact I have a good friend who is 5'3", similar situation, eventually got ballsy and faked his confidence with women and it payed off. Hes now married and his wife is about 4'11". They've got 2 kids.

Old 07-21-2013, 04:13 PM

45 posts, read 78,113 times
Miles Vorkosigan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia comes back to memory.

Old 07-21-2013, 04:31 PM

863 posts, read 1,123,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DazedandAmused View Post
Taylor you seem like a very intelligent guy, a nice guy. You will find someone. Yes its going to be difficult but as a matter of fact I have a good friend who is 5'3", similar situation, eventually got ballsy and faked his confidence with women and it payed off. Hes now married and his wife is about 4'11". They've got 2 kids.
What's funny is that many here will probably tell you that you can't fake confidence. They'll also say that women can tell when it's not genuine.

Old 07-21-2013, 04:56 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,404,937 times
I've said this before and I'll say it again - then you should be going after short women. I am under 5' and I prefer men who are closer to my height rather than further away.

I personally know several short men and they are all married or in relationships.

Old 07-21-2013, 05:02 PM

296 posts, read 569,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littletaylor View Post
I will be turning 30 in one month, I am 5'1". It's sad because even most school children are taller than me(including teenage girls) and I never had the experience of going out on a date, going on a dance or having fun like my other friends do. I have a great job and make 6 figures, am quite well versed in a multitude of subjects and am very eloquent in the way I speak etc. However, I never had a girlfriend or an intimate sexual experience.

I have been reflecting on my life for the past few days as I am approaching 30. Is being a virgin at 30 years old quite unnatural and unheard of? Most of my friends are all married or settled with women in life and I find myself being more and more lonely in this world. I have also been losing hope that I would ever find someone that could accept me for me being vertically challenged. I have a decent body, workout, eat healthy etc but there's nothing I can do about my height.

I am not complaining here about anything, I understand why most women wouldn't want to date someone as short as I am and I don't blame them for it. But I just don't know what to make of my life, whether to still harbor hope of having a relationship and a normal family life or just reconcile myself to living alone for the rest of my life.
You're 5'1...Are you white? If so you could probably go on dates with Asian women and maybe even cultivate a family. If you're Asian or Indian, look outside of dating/relationships for happiness. Cultivate a hobby
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships