Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 12:33 PM

220 posts, read 363,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
No - I would never be with someone like you in the first place. That's my point. And the proof is in the pudding - meaning I've never been with someone like you. My husband is faithful to me and deserving of all the nice things I do for him.

I know your MO - put me down, brag about your abilities, yada yada yada. It's totally fine. You get off on thinking that you could take advantage of anyone you want to. I'm simply not interested in what you are selling.
No, its that you don't even know what I'm "selling", as you put it. However, I'll try one more time and I'll make it as plain as possible.

Cheating has nothing to do with my wife. It has nothing to do with love, and nothing to do with how much respect I have for her. My love, lack of love, or whatever feelings towards her do not effect my behavior. It is because she was strong enough and wise enough to recognize this that we are still together. It has nothing to do with lack of conviction, low self esteem, or mental capacity. Well, except that it takes quite a bit of strength, capacity, and love to understand the issue for what it is - not your knee jerk and simplistic reactions such as "if you love someone, you dont x", or "if she had self respect, she would have done x". These are baseless fables which you accept as fact. Apparently you haven't even considered that there are alternatives.

Congrats to you for being happy. I hope you're able to expand your understanding of human behavior and relationships, but I think because of your personal history where you've been hurt, its obvious that you are stiff-necked and intent on sticking to your beliefs (which you interpret as facts). This leads you to be erroneously judgmental and incapable of objectivity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2013, 12:37 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,154,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DazedandAmused View Post
No, its that you don't even know what I'm "selling", as you put it. However, I'll try one more time and I'll make it as plain as possible.

Cheating has nothing to do with my wife. It has nothing to do with love, and nothing to do with how much respect I have for her. My love, lack of love, or whatever feelings towards her do not effect my behavior. It is because she was strong enough and wise enough to recognize this that we are still together. It has nothing to do with lack of conviction, low self esteem, or mental capacity. Well, except that it takes quite a bit of strength, capacity, and love to understand the issue for what it is - not your knee jerk and simplistic reactions such as "if you love someone, you dont x", or "if she had self respect, she would have done x". These are baseless fables which you accept as fact. Apparently you haven't even considered that there are alternatives.

Congrats to you for being happy. I hope you're able to expand your understanding of human behavior and relationships, but I think because of your personal history where you've been hurt, its obvious that you are stiff-necked and intent on sticking to your beliefs (which you interpret as facts). This leads you to be erroneously judgmental and incapable of objectivity.
Like I said - I'm not interested in what you are selling. It's funny - because you seem to enjoy telling other people (including me) how completely wrong they are in their assessments of you and assumptions about you - and here you - making assessments and assumptions about me. And you're totally incorrect. You know nothing of my personal history - although I have talked about some things here previously on this forum - and it's quite obvious because, like I said, you are totally wrong.

Move along, mister! Sorry - but I don't give any credence to your opinions because I can see through them.

Old 07-23-2013, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Did your therapist tell you to write that?

Would it matter? The message is more important than the messenger. Read a book about a thing before you sling 'facts' around about it.

I hope people's lives or health don't depend on your expert opinions. Hopefully you're a just Real Estate agent or a plumber or something. Please don't be a teacher.

Old 07-23-2013, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Like I said - I'm not interested in what you are selling. It's funny - because you seem to enjoy telling other people (including me) how completely wrong they are in their assessments of you and assumptions about you - and here you - making assessments and assumptions about me. And you're totally incorrect. You know nothing of my personal history - although I have talked about some things here previously on this forum - and it's quite obvious because, like I said, you are totally wrong.

Move along, mister! Sorry - but I don't give any credence to your opinions because I can see through them.

So let me get this straight: You comment on other peoples lives about how wrong they are, how much better you handled a similar situation, and how bad they are. When a retort is given in an effort to grant you perspective and understanding that is contrary to your observations/positions/beliefs, you turn around and claim they are the aggressors.

Yeap.

Old 07-23-2013, 12:49 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,154,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DazedandAmused View Post
So let me get this straight: You comment on other peoples lives about how wrong they are, how much better you handled a similar situation, and how bad they are. When a retort is given in an effort to grant you perspective and understanding that is contrary to your observations/positions/beliefs, you turn around and claim they are the aggressors.

Yeap.
I never said I handled a similar situation - because I never have. I said what I wouldn't tolerate - because I know myself and I wouldn't.

I'm not calling you an aggressor. I'm saying that I can see through your posts and it's not something I'm interested in.

I'm not sure why you want to continue our conversation. Like I said - I'm not interested in what you are selling.

Old 07-23-2013, 12:52 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,385,976 times
Quote:
Supportive of traditional marriage roles
What does that mean exactly? That your wife stays in the kitchen, barefoot and pregnant while you work and make the living? You say "jump" and obediently answers in a meek voice, "how high, master?"

Sounds like a great future marriage!

Old 07-23-2013, 12:58 PM

Quote:
I never said I handled a similar situation - because I never have. I said what I wouldn't tolerate - because I know myself and I wouldn't.

I'm not calling you an aggressor. I'm saying that I can see through your posts and it's not something I'm interested in.

I'm not sure why you want to continue our conversation. Like I said - I'm not interested in what you are selling.

Well for that assumption I apologize sincerely. For some reason, I thought that you had had a previous relationship (there are so many posts Ive responded to) that was not healthy.

As for everything else, you've made a lot of assumptions which are just as inaccurate. I'm willing to concede mine because I realize that I don't know everything. There's always the possibility that I'm completely wrong, and I welcome opportunities to be corrected. If only we could all treat each other with that level of respect and courtesy.

Nice sparring with you again.

For the record, Ill throw you a softball. I am currently faithful to my wife and am in therapy to stay that way. Something which might surprise you considering a few comments you have made. I usually don't mind letting people misconceive themselves (Ive never stated that I am currently cheating on my wife) because I find it humorous. But if you're going to comment on my fidelity in the future (which you've been more than happy to do), as a favor to you I figured you'd probably want to be accurate.

Old 07-23-2013, 05:23 PM

21,530 posts, read 8,714,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
What are "traditional values"?
None of the men have answered this, so I'll try to. A woman with "traditional values" would be family-oriented, love children, be a good cook and housekeeper and would want the man to be the head of the household and primary wage earner.

Of course because of the economy, in today's world there are lots of wives and mothers who are in the job market and who work in responsible, well-paying positions. But I think that if these women hold traditional values, they would tell you that their husband and children are more important to them than their careers, and they will make personal sacrifices, such as working non-standard shifts, to make sure that their families' needs are met.

Old 07-26-2013, 08:45 PM

943 posts, read 1,004,037 times
Who has the popcorn?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships