Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 10:11 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,908,774 times

Advertisements

Yes, I have nothing to hide, and he respects me.

Besides, if I were to become a CD "Eternal Member," someone would have to log in and let y'all know.

Old 07-26-2013, 10:12 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,694,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wry_Martini View Post
I'm always surprised when someone I know mentions sharing their various logins & PWs with a spouse r a BF/GF. The idea of doing so makes me uncomfortable.

I think there are legitimate reasons to expect and have privacy. I was really upset one time when I emailed something personal to my sister, and her husband checked her email account and read it. If I had known he had access to her account, I wouldn't have sent her that email; it was absolutely none of his business.

Do you or would you share logins and PWs with your spouse or SO? Why or why not?
Why would you think that just because your spouse has your passwords you would lose your privacy?

It sounds to me more like you are embarrassed that YOU lost your privacy when you emailed your sister.

Don't tell me you really expected to tell your sister something that she would not eventually share with her husband anyway?

Old 07-26-2013, 10:15 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,908,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Why would you think that just because your spouse has your passwords you would lose your privacy?

It sounds to me more like you are embarrassed that YOU lost your privacy when you emailed your sister.

Don't tell me you really expected to tell your sister something that she would not eventually share with her husband anyway?
I agree. You can have a say in privacy between you and Sis, but no say in her marriage.

Old 07-26-2013, 10:16 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,241,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post

That is really not the point. And we do not tell our spouses EVERYTHING our friends tell us.

Would you tell your husband that your best girlfriend just found out she may have genital herpes? I wouldn't.

If my friend told me something that could completely humiliate her if it got out? No.

Not because I don't trust my spouse. Of course I do.

It's because I respect and care about my friend's feelings.

Old 07-26-2013, 10:18 AM

1,355 posts, read 2,545,515 times
ask anyone who has caught their SO flirting/cheating online or via text. after that kind of experience, it would be very hard for you to trust anyone who won't share their passwords. but if its not an LTR or marriage yet, okay to have some degree of online privacy and independence

Old 07-26-2013, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
That is really not the point. And we do not tell our spouses EVERYTHING our friends tell us.

Would you tell your husband that your best girlfriend just found out she may have genital herpes? I wouldn't.

If my friend told me something that could completely humiliate her if it got out? No.

Not because I don't trust my spouse. Of course I do.

It's because I respect and care about my friend's feelings.
There are of course times I don't disclose certain things to my husband - either because the person who confided in me asked me specifically to "keep it to myself" and doing so is not harmful in any way to that person or someone else, or when a confidence is shared professionally that I am not free to discuss.

When I don't tell him mundane things like "my best friend is going on vacation" that's only because we only have so many hours in a day and I save our time together for more important topics of discussion, lol.

But my husband is completely discrete and trustworthy, so I have no problem sharing info/passwords with him. Most couples who are close do talk freely though when one has info about something important that no one has strictly asked the other to keep confidential.

Old 07-26-2013, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
I agree. You can have a say in privacy between you and Sis, but no say in her marriage.
My point exactly.

Now, if she asked her sister to keep their conversations/emails private then her sister should have either honored that request or told her flat out "don't ever write me anything you don't want Frank to know, we share emails".

But to just assume anything she wrote to her sister on email would be kept private without requesting privacy was a mistake.

Old 07-26-2013, 11:27 AM

4,098 posts, read 7,105,327 times
I know my wife's pass words and she knows mine but most of the time can't remember it. I have nothing to hide from my wife, and she knows that. For things she needs to get into frequently, we use a common pass word that we can both remember easily.

Old 07-26-2013, 11:34 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,183,246 times
Yes. I cannot imagine what I could be hiding from him.

Old 07-26-2013, 11:41 AM

8,781 posts, read 9,448,003 times
i don't really care once im comfortable the person im with. i wouldnt openly share anything, but i wouldn't purposefully hide it either.

the only exception to this actually being a bother is if they are purposefully using my accounts to either track my behavior or use them for some form of personal gain.
intent is everything in my little old world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships