Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 09:22 AM

4,625 posts, read 12,287,540 times

Advertisements

Thought we could use a positive about couples, and what they do to honor each other and keep it fresh. 2 years ago we bought a home 200 miles away from my work. For 6 months I commuted, and stayed in a travel trailer while my wife stayed at home. We'd tease each other, so by Friday it was like we were kids again (married for 32 years). Well, a little over a year ago I was fortunate enough to retire, and we've been together every day. Today is Friday, and date night for us. We make sure to find time to honor our relationship and go out. Sometimes we'll do a movie, or go to town at night here in Reno when they're having an event.

SO, what do you do to stay fresh, and let your spouse know you care?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2013, 10:30 AM

7,844 posts, read 13,229,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
Thought we could use a positive about couples, and what they do to honor each other and keep it fresh. 2 years ago we bought a home 200 miles away from my work. For 6 months I commuted, and stayed in a travel trailer while my wife stayed at home. We'd tease each other, so by Friday it was like we were kids again (married for 32 years). Well, a little over a year ago I was fortunate enough to retire, and we've been together every day. Today is Friday, and date night for us. We make sure to find time to honor our relationship and go out. Sometimes we'll do a movie, or go to town at night here in Reno when they're having an event.

That is so awesome! I believe married couples, especially when there are children, need to have a date night. We are very lucky to have family that can watch our daughter overnight. About once a month or every other month we make time to either go have a nice dinner, you know, the kind with no kid's menu or chicken fingers on the menu or we'll go see a grown up movie. We also try to catch a good concert and with summer here we like to go to the beach at night where coverbands play. There are times where we stay at home too, have a cocktail or 2 by the firepit outside and then watch a movie. And not to get all TMI--but date night allows mom and dad to not have to be so quiet lol

Old 07-26-2013, 11:02 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:

We do date night

Tonight it's pizza and beer

Old 07-26-2013, 11:30 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,717,447 times
We.....I forgot.

Old 07-26-2013, 03:14 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,395,137 times
I keep getting knocked up during "date nights" and "weekend getaways."

Old 07-26-2013, 03:20 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times
Quote:

Awww that's so sweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I keep getting knocked up during "date nights" and "weekend getaways."
I met this old asian lady on the airplane once who had 11 kids. She married her husband right before WWII and he was in the navy. She told me that she loved and missed her husband while he was gone, but she would be soooo scared when he was coming home because she'd always ended up pregnant! Hahahaha I thought that was so funny and I can imagine her feeling that way.

Old 07-26-2013, 03:24 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
We do when we can - which isn't very often at all! My husband works a lot and the only evening he has off are Sundays and Mondays. And to be honest - we usually enjoy spending those evenings as a family. But once in awhile, we hire a sitter and go some place nice to dinner or to a movie!

Old 07-28-2013, 10:57 AM

4,625 posts, read 12,287,540 times
Friday night was a smash dinner at Macho Tequila's in Sparks. This morning we hiked up a hill behind our house for almost 2 hrs. up, and back down. We've had a lot of rain this past month, so it is a beautiful day!

Best wishes to all here, and what else do you all do together?

Old 07-28-2013, 10:59 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,988,473 times
I had them when I was in relationships.

Won't happen again, but at least I did them when I had the opportunity.

Old 07-28-2013, 11:12 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Quote:
Friday night was a smash dinner at Macho Tequila's in Sparks. This morning we hiked up a hill behind our house for almost 2 hrs. up, and back down. We've had a lot of rain this past month, so it is a beautiful day!

Best wishes to all here, and what else do you all do together?
That sounds lovely!

We probably won't have another date night until September when we are planning on leaving my son with my mom for the night and going somewhere overnight! It will be the first time I've spent a night away from my son and I'm terrified!!! But since I'm having another baby in December - who knows when we'll have the chance to do this again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships