Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 01:31 PM

396 posts, read 1,842,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexWest View Post
I'm not going to give you advice about what you should do, because most people already know what they plan to do and usually want confirmation. You already made up your mind. Time will tell what is meant to be.
I'm still thinking this through. I fear that contacting her could make her feel weird. She may not want to go back to the past. I don't want to cause her awkwardness since we may be seeing each other around the city (at sports events, festivals, shopping malls). But now seems the window of opportunity since she is actively seeking a relationship with online dating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2013, 02:42 PM

458 posts, read 609,205 times
Nah, not feeling it! I think it would be great to send a message along the lines of "hey, what a coincidence" or "small world that I'd see your profile, how have you been? " or something similar but to start out the gate with ideas/intentions of dating her, nope!

This has nothing to do with the "bro code" and everything to do with your not knowing the circumstances behind her divorce. Her being on a dating sight gives no accurate indication about the condition of her heart/feelings as it concerns her divorce to someone you stated she clearly loved. IMO, unless and until you discover her "story" since you last spoke I consider it to be presumptuous and a bit selfish (as someone who knew her and her husband and was friends to them both) to think she may receive you as a dating interest as she would someone who never knew her personally.

Old 07-27-2013, 04:44 PM

2,621 posts, read 4,017,787 times
Sky-Blue, my impression is that an ex friend implies a falling out, or someone that you don't want to be friends with or have familiarity with anymore; not so much just losing distance. Meanwhile, an old friend is someone you happen to have known for a long time. You might go separate ways, and it might not be the same, but if you met up, some familiarity and amicability would still be there. I got the impression you claimed if you met this guy again, it would be old times again. Hardly an ex-friend.

In any case, you didn't answer my questions on your feelings for her.

Old 07-27-2013, 04:44 PM

396 posts, read 1,842,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexWest View Post
you didn't answer my questions on your feelings for her.
I cared for her very much and thought the world of her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tell-the-Truth View Post
I consider it to be presumptuous and a bit selfish (as someone who knew her and her husband and was friends to them both) to think she may receive you as a dating interest as she would someone who never knew her personally.
Your quoted words are probably right. She needs to move forward with her life; not backward.

I will finish my online dating profile sections and post my pics. However, I won't contact her. Someday she might come across my profile and the decision will be hers. If some lady posts a relationship advice thread asking "Should I contact the Best Man from my wedding?," then please tell her "yes!"

Old 07-27-2013, 05:11 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,589,513 times
Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Go for it. It is always worth a shot.

Old 07-27-2013, 06:37 PM

1,030 posts, read 4,254,343 times
I wouldnt even get into the online date profile thing.....Even though thats how you found her again she might feel embarrassed about it.

Im starting to feel like you two could get right back into things minus the 3rd wheel...

If you were to contact her through the dating site Id probably leave my profile blank and just fill out the personal stats part.

Its not hard to tell her the truth. You moved back home and wanted to meet someone, so you started browsing the sites and her profile came up and its a dream come true lol

Is it creepy to just knock on her door? or look her number up?

I think if I contacted her online I would say that I miss her and wanted to see her, leaving my number.

Then hang out with her and tell her what you want.

My thing is...Dont wait for something to happen, dont let the fate of this something be out of your control. You saw her face, its a sign, take the initiative and find out now instead of hanging on like a schoolboy lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships