Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 12:15 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathanp219 View Post
Society is changing these rules. Marriage rate is getting lower while infidelity is rising.
I did not mention any rules.

I mentioned commitment, which has a definition that cannot be changed.

You can be committed to someone without being married, yes. If you choose that, that's fine. And maybe "society" has changed to where marriage is the exception rather than the rule. Folks are free to choose whichever they want.

But what I can tell you after 22 years of marriage is that nothing magical happens when you get married. Or when you choose to be a committed couple without marrying.

You CHOOSE not to be tempted by others. Period. That's it. So infidelity, which happens whether you are married or living together, whether you've slept with 5 people or 100, is completely avoidable if you CHOOSE to avoid it.

You can never be SURE that you won't be tempted. You can only be sure of whatever your decision is.

Old 07-28-2013, 12:39 PM

757 posts, read 1,103,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
I did not mention any rules.

I mentioned commitment, which has a definition that cannot be changed.

You can be committed to someone without being married, yes. If you choose that, that's fine. And maybe "society" has changed to where marriage is the exception rather than the rule. Folks are free to choose whichever they want.

But what I can tell you after 22 years of marriage is that nothing magical happens when you get married. Or when you choose to be a committed couple without marrying.

You CHOOSE not to be tempted by others. Period. That's it. So infidelity, which happens whether you are married or living together, whether you've slept with 5 people or 100, is completely avoidable if you CHOOSE to avoid it.

You can never be SURE that you won't be tempted. You can only be sure of whatever your decision is.
Has temptation ever came in the way of your marriage? At any point?

Old 07-28-2013, 01:06 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
Quote:
Temptation comes to every person in every marriage....and throwing away the special relationship you have will not change that one iota. Surely you can't believe a dalliance with another one, two, or ten will remove temptation for life.

Old 07-28-2013, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Yes. Many times.

Old 07-28-2013, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Yes. Many times.
Did you ever act on it?

Old 07-28-2013, 04:15 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,686,080 times
well if you told them you lost it at 21 they might think you have a medical condition or a mental disorder...

I mean prudence and the ability to think with one's brain before acting, those are the stuff of mental defectives, right???!!! (being very sarcastic here)

Old 07-28-2013, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Did you ever act on it?
Yep.

Old 07-28-2013, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Yep.
So you cheated? Does your husband know?

Old 07-28-2013, 07:39 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Ironically, the people who keep saying this are probably people who have had multiple sex partners.
Well I think what happens is that someone is infatuated but as the infatuation wears away, they start looking around and want to stray, they want something new. So they get someone new, and are infatuated for a while with that one, then after a while that one wears away and they start again. They will tell you that you really need to have some number of sexual partners before you can know if it's right because they may have gone through 4 or 12 or 24 before they decided to just stick with one. Or they never can stick with one, they always want that excitement of a new infatuation.

There are people who fell in love and stayed in love. Those people never had to try out a whole bunch of sexual partners to know they love each other.

That's why I don't think you're really in love because talking about breaking up to have sex with others isn't the way people in love talk. You're already thinking there's something missing, and maybe your girlfriend is also. The shine has worn off, your infatuation is waning. Since you don't wish to make a committment with her and seem to have the idea there are others out there who would provide hotter sex , I think she's not really the one for you.

Old 07-28-2013, 07:39 PM

He knows. I'm sure you have a point you want to make, but you need to ask me what you want to ask in one paragraph. I don't have time now to wait for you to deal out whatever questions you may have one by one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships