Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 10:23 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,766,074 times

Advertisements

She probably just likes kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2013, 11:45 AM

102,126 posts, read 107,381,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jooooeeee View Post
I'm gonna head down again this week with a buddy and ask her out anyways lol, but was wondering about the questioning if they were my kids. If she wasn't interested wouldn't she just assume they were mine?
If you ask her out, let us know what she says. Asking if they're your kids is an obvious topic for polite chat, not necessarily an indication of interest. We've had so many "the cashier/waitress/salesperson said 'have a nice day', do you think she's into me" threads, I'm really curious to see how this one turns out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke;
All it means is that she is doing her job and working for her tips.
My bet's on this.

Old 07-28-2013, 12:35 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,116,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
She was being polite. That is part of her job.
I always wonder why guys ask this question when it comes to women in customer service positions. Isn't the above quote almost always going to be the reason?

Old 07-28-2013, 12:38 PM

5,291 posts, read 5,216,211 times
I think that was a pretty odd question if she was just being friendly. Wouldnt she have assumed they were your kids? Im thinking she might be interested...

Old 07-28-2013, 12:59 PM

168 posts, read 313,976 times
She was just being friendly. People read way too much when it comes to signs of interest.

Old 07-28-2013, 02:24 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,541,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jooooeeee View Post
Met up with a good friend and her toddler kids for a breakfast this morning. Got to the restaurant a lil early and was helped by a beautiful waitress with a great smile. We exchanged glances often and she was really very sweet. My friend and her kids arrive and my focus shifts! After we finish eating, my friends runs her daughter out to the car to change and leaves her son with me. As soon as my friend walks out the cute waitress walks up and smiles.. Asks if they are mine. I reply that they are not, im just really good friends with their mother. She smiles and continues on! Shift changed and I didn't see her after that. My question is... Was she just being sweet or does that sound like an indicator of interest? I'm gonna head down again this week with a buddy and ask her out anyways lol, but was wondering about the questioning if they were my kids. If she wasn't interested wouldn't she just assume they were mine?
the initial exchange of glances was your IOI, she then made a move and you failed to close the deal, like "hey, can i text you later? here, punch in your number on my cell". she didn't return cuz she was a little embarrassed she went out on a limb and was left hanging.

anytime a woman impromptu starts asking questions about you (where you from, where did you get that shirt, etc), you should be asking yourself "where is this going? where do i want it to go?" and act.

good luck going back. could work but now you are cold again with her. next time strike while the iron is hot.

Last edited by nokiddin; 07-28-2013 at 02:33 PM..

Old 07-28-2013, 05:05 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,224,411 times
Oh for goodness sake.

An attractive woman is professional at her job and straight away she's hitting on her customers.

please.

A middle aged, obese waitress asks the same thing....do you assume SHE is hitting on you???

No, of course not. You wouldn't even think twice.

As far as "meeting eyes" with a waitress, she's checking if you want the bill yet!!!!! Not flirting with you!!!!

I was once a pretty young waitress...in fact, I made a living out of it. I can never recall exchanging glances with a customer, I was always running full tilt trying to keep everyone fed and watered. It didn't mean cute guys weren't there, it just meant I was working not flirting.

I got good tips so some guys must've also assumed otherwise, based on my professionalism and pretty smile.

She's working it, just like I used to.

Old 07-28-2013, 05:08 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,682,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe'sTavern View Post
I always wonder why guys ask this question when it comes to women in customer service positions. Isn't the above quote almost always going to be the reason?
The socially inept confuse polite with flirting.

Old 07-28-2013, 05:26 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,541,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
She was being polite. That is part of her job.
while i haven't been always successful, i've had a few turn into dates, friends, ons.

i like the position that discourages guys from reading too much into politeness. from my perspective, the less common it is, the better it helps me.

Old 07-28-2013, 05:50 PM

3 posts, read 3,780 times
Thank you everyone for your honest replies! I'll be honest.. After reading this thread this morning I almost talked myself out of going to see her. But I figured, why wonder? Lets get to the bottom of this!

So I head down and get seated. I was beginning to think she wasn't working this morning when she walks in the door! She wasn't my waitress but whatever. I would glance at her occasionally but she never returned eye contact. I was kinda bummed but at least I knew it was me who was reading into things a little too much.

So I put my sports page down and
Pick the bill up when someone grazes against my arm... I look up and it's her! She has a big smile on her face and asks how I was doing. I replied just fine thanks with a smile. She asks, "no wife and kids today??" I laughed and said, " Youuu know they're not my wife and kids!" She laughs.

I tell myself," SELF, THiS IS IT!" So I stand up with my bill and introduce myself..she tells me her name and gets promptly called away before I could get any further!! Hahaha, oh man. So I walk to pay my bill and get a byeeeeee joeeeee as she passes me by with a slew of hot dishes. She makes a sad face and then a smile as she looks back at me.

I think I'm just gonna enjoy it for what it is. Some nice morning flirtation. Makes us both feel good. =]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships