Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 09:39 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
I distill my own neutral spirits. I can only imagine the things you'd say under the influence, given how open and opinionated you already are.
I tend to be what most would consider "friendly" under the influence. Guess that's why I always drink on first dates. Gives me the facade of being somewhat "cute", "social" and possibly (dare I say)..."flirty".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2013, 09:43 AM

5,012 posts, read 7,873,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
I tend to be what most would consider "friendly" under the influence. Guess that's why I always drink on first dates. Gives me the facade of being somewhat "cute", "social" and possibly (dare I say)..."flirty".
As opposed to "bitchy"? Oh, and you'll always be perceived as cute (at least from a distance) due to your looks and stature. Certainly beats the alternative of looking like the elephant man.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:45 AM

Quote:
As opposed to "bitchy"? Oh, and you'll always be perceived as cute (at least from a distance) due to your looks and stature. Certainly beats the alternative of looking like the elephant man.
Exactly. As opposed to "bitchy", "cocky", "distant" the list goes on, but you get the idea.

Vodka is my best friend to combating my all-too-friendly normally demeanor.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Exactly. As opposed to "bitchy", "cocky", "distant" the list goes on, but you get the idea.

Vodka is my best friend to combating my all-too-friendly normally demeanor.
Those aren't bad qualities to have... Or maybe I'm just crazy

Old 07-29-2013, 09:52 AM

2,628 posts, read 4,299,015 times
I could generally not care less about what my date drinks, although if she makes a big deal out of not drinking alcohol it throws up a red flag to me that she might struggle with alcoholism. The only people I know that don't drink at all do so for a very good reason.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Those aren't bad qualities to have... Or maybe I'm just crazy
Not saying they are bad qualities. Just qualities I don't posses naturally without alcoholic enhancement.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:54 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,138,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I would NEVER date someone who doesn't drink. We'd never last
I don't say 'never' but would prefer someone who can enjoy drinking. 2 years ago I dated a women who didn't drink, didn't eat sweets, didn't listen to music, and didn't even like shopping. Take her out in say, a typical, commercial neighborhood, and what do you do?

Meanwhile, I know several long-term happily married couples who largely bonded over a shared love of wine.

Old 07-29-2013, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Not saying they are bad qualities. Just qualities I don't posses naturally without alcoholic enhancement.
I was talking about the ones you try to mask with vodka.

Old 07-29-2013, 10:53 AM

1,355 posts, read 2,546,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Nope. But you sound like the type of person who you'd have to be drunk to handle being around. I've met plenty of people like that.
LOL, you're not going to convince me a guy doesn't need a few to enjoy your company, especially with all that testoterome and height. Now, i'm certain you've met plenty of guys like that

Last edited by nokiddin; 07-29-2013 at 11:12 AM..

Old 07-29-2013, 11:27 AM

2,279 posts, read 4,744,337 times
If I went on a date, and my date explained they didn't drink, I'd be wondering if they were in recovery or had religious objections to alcohol... which would make me wonder if there was any chance for a relationship because I enjoy a glass of wine with dinner and I love a good martini or some single malt scotch. I also love wine tastings and scotch flights, and weekend trips to Napa. Dating someone who didn't drink at all would be a challenge, as there's a significant part of my social life that involves responsible drinking.

I understand that there are people who don't like the taste, or who are avoiding the 'empty calories', or have a medication interaction, and that's cool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships