Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 02:27 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy1316 View Post
Ahhh, there the admission is.

And what is really wanted?? Does she have to step away from her fun and sit you down and explain all the reasons why she wants to?? LOL jesus.
You are really not getting it.

Can someone else take over? This is exhausting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

1,102 posts, read 1,350,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Huh. And the girl said nothing.

She didn't want you, dude.

Also you indicated that this was a regular occurrence for you, but the specificity of your explanation shows it happened just one time. Which makes your argument even weaker.
I should have said woman, sorry. This particular instance happened once. I've been c--kblocked more than once, but this one flys solo. Whatever you want to think, it was a 5 minute convo max, that she initiated, in a loud bar. As soon as the fat chick got in my space and I turned and walked without second thought, didn't even give touchy feely a chance to say anything.

LOL why are you so angry? It happens sometimes. This is not mythical. You just proved it with a previous post about a drunk friend leaving with a drunk dude.

12,566 posts, read 10,611,363 times
Quote:
I didn't say they were drunk, I don't think they were. They seemed tipsy but that was an assumption I made initially. They were not drinking at all during the 3 hour show. So I don't think that was a big factor.
3 hour show? Was it Rush?

Old 07-30-2013, 02:28 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,611,363 times
Quote:
Last night I went to a concert with my friend, we are both women over 45. We had been looking forward to it for months. Just as the band came onstage two tipsy guys took the seats next to us, they were probably late 30s, early 40s. Right away they started engaging us, yelling, high-fiving about the band and how it was the 16th or 17th time they had seen them. Then for the next hour they were in our space, body-checking and putting their hands in our faces, touching us and the women in front of us and basically demanding that we dance, not sit down, etc.

That was more or less ok, if a bit obnoxious. Then I went to get a drink and I was gone for awhile. When I got back, one of the guys had taken my place (next to my friend). He was chatting her up, and told me (not asked) that I move over to the aisle seat. My friend is giving me these looks like "help me," so I told him no, that we were here together and wanted to remain so.

So the two guys start whispering and I hear the dreaded term, c*** blocker uttered about me.

Really? Ok, so guys, what should I have done differently in this situation? She was not interested in either of them, plus they had wedding rings on!
You did the right thing by saving your girlfriend.

Old 07-30-2013, 02:37 PM

Quote:
I should have said woman, sorry. This particular instance happened once. I've been c--kblocked more than once, but this one flys solo. Whatever you want to think, it was a 5 minute convo max, that she initiated, in a loud bar. As soon as the fat chick got in my space and I turned and walked without second thought, didn't even give touchy feely a chance to say anything.

LOL why are you so angry? It happens sometimes. This is not mythical. You just proved it with a previous post about a drunk friend leaving with a drunk dude.
So you think it is ok to let a drunk female friend go home with a stranger? Surely not! What if it was your sister? You must agree that in those cases a friend should step in. Yes?

Old 07-30-2013, 02:48 PM

29,739 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilkingx2 View Post
$100 says you guys either C-block all the time or have no opposition towards it, so you need to make cheap excuses instead of just admitting to it.
Well, bottom line is that I care more about my friend and whether she's safe and making good choices than whether some guy we don't know gets laid that night.

Old 07-30-2013, 02:53 PM

87 posts, read 105,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Well, bottom line is that I care more about my friend and whether she's safe and making good choices than whether some guy we don't know gets laid that night.
Ok so we have admission that guys actually do get blocked and its not just our silly egos stroking themselves. Step in the right direction.

I'm a bit confused though. Aren't you the same ilk of woman on this thread against **** shaming, yet you'll stop a grown woman from having a night of fun with a stranger she deemed safe? You guys really want to have your cake and eat it too.

Old 07-30-2013, 02:58 PM

355 posts, read 388,924 times
Quote:
She is visibly getting angry and admitted that if her friend has been drinking, she will absolutley c--kblock and if she hasn't, she needs to explain, in detail, why she wants to leave with the new guy.

Either they've rationalized that they don't do it and it's all male perception, or they do it all the time but it's not c--kblocking in their delusioned minds.
I think I understand now, that other chick has made me understand, see below

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I finally understand now, it's a sisterhood thing,

sort of like how us guys would try to keep each other from taking home a whale/hambeast or a dog if we had too much to drink(unless they thought it was funnier not to)

I guess the difference is that men only view sex with unattractive people as bad, whereas women view each other getting laid as a bad thing that should be avoided if possible

Old 07-30-2013, 03:06 PM

29,739 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFirstMen View Post
Ok so we have admission that guys actually do get blocked and its not just our silly egos stroking themselves. Step in the right direction.

I'm a bit confused though. Aren't you the same ilk of woman on this thread against **** shaming, yet you'll stop a grown woman from having a night of fun with a stranger she deemed safe? You guys really want to have your cake and eat it too.
Hypothetically, I'm not going to stop her from doing anything she wants to do, but I'm also going to check with her to make sure that she's not being pressured and that she's hasn't had so much to drink that her judgement is impaired. If she expressly told me not to let her do anything stupid no matter what, or not to leave without her, then I'm talking to her first. You said it, you're a stranger, and we have no idea if you're safe or not, and my friends and I look out for each other. It's not about not wanting people to have fun--I can't tell you how many times friends have said, "ugh, thanks for getting me home safe last night. What was I thinking?"

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 07-30-2013 at 03:17 PM..

Old 07-30-2013, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFirstMen View Post

No one said **** blocking never happens. The fact it is NEVER safe for a woman to go home with a male stranger. Sober or not. People do it, but don't kid yourself that it is a smart idea.

Last edited by zentropa; 07-30-2013 at 03:40 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships