Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 01:24 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,725,051 times

Advertisements

Next time bring ricin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2013, 01:28 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSNicholas View Post
You could have pointed out their wedding bands, and told them to get lost...unless you cared what they thought of you.
I was conscious of the fact that we had to coexist with them for the length of the show and I felt they might have had a bad reaction (obnoxious, embarrassing, not necessarily dangerous) if we weren't at least somewhat polite (is this a woman thing?) and I wanted to enjoy the show as much as possible.

In any case, I scouted out a couple of empty seats elsewhere toward the end of the show and relocated us there.

Old 07-28-2013, 01:31 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I think a lot of guys have an issue with the idea that women generally look out for each other. You're not going to let your friend get into an unsafe situation with a drunk stranger (especially if she's had a few herself,) and if the dude wants to complain that you're keeping him from getting laid, so be it. You'll never see him again anyway.
Yep. My lady friends and I always look out for each other and would NEVER let one another go home or otherwise be alone with a random drunk stranger...especially a MARRIED random drunk stranger.

If that makes me a ___block, then I'll proudly wear that title.

Old 07-28-2013, 01:33 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidJK View Post
They're really stupid, my father and grandfather would take their wedding rings off everytime they went out at night or on a foreign trip.
Lovely.

Old 07-28-2013, 01:34 PM

I would like to hear from guys their definition of a c*** blocker and to describe accurately the situation the last time they applied that term to a friend of the target. So...any stories?

Old 07-28-2013, 01:38 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Last night I went to a concert with my friend, we are both women over 45. We had been looking forward to it for months. Just as the band came onstage two tipsy guys took the seats next to us, they were probably late 30s, early 40s. Right away they started engaging us, yelling, high-fiving about the band and how it was the 16th or 17th time they had seen them. Then for the next hour they were in our space, body-checking and putting their hands in our faces, touching us and the women in front of us and basically demanding that we dance, not sit down, etc.

That was more or less ok, if a bit obnoxious. Then I went to get a drink and I was gone for awhile. When I got back, one of the guys had taken my place (next to my friend). He was chatting her up, and told me (not asked) that I move over to the aisle seat. My friend is giving me these looks like "help me," so I told him no, that we were here together and wanted to remain so.

So the two guys start whispering and I hear the dreaded term, c*** blocker uttered about me.

Really? Ok, so guys, what should I have done differently in this situation? She was not interested in either of them, plus they had wedding rings on!
Given them the cold shoulder the minute they put their hands in your faces or otherwise getting physical, never mind touching you. There's flirting and kidding around, and then there is abrasiveness and disrespect, and those guys were abrasive and disrespectful.

Also, your friend should have told the guy who moved over that he was in your seat when you came back. File it away for next time you two go out.

FTR: What the hell is it with some of these jackass men who do crap like that? Just because a woman is there, that doesn't mean she wants you up in her face and your hands on her body. Aholes. Honestly? Had I been there, the first time they tried it, I'd have leaned away and done this: with a huge shake of my head NO.

Old 07-28-2013, 01:43 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
ugh. You can't win with drunk guys. And why would you care, anyway? Married drunk guys, at that. Just be glad you both got out of there safely, and without further ado. The guys probably passed out when they got home, and forgot all about it.
Should spray some perfume on them when they're not looking. Let them deal with it when their wives smell it on them when they get home.

Old 07-28-2013, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Should spray some perfume on them when they're not looking. Let them deal with it when their wives smell it on them when they get home.
OMG that is perfect.

Old 07-28-2013, 01:45 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,546,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I would like to hear from guys their definition of a c*** blocker and to describe accurately the situation the last time they applied that term to a friend of the target. So...any stories?
google urban dictionary and look it up.

the term speaks for itself IMHO, you don't want a guy to get in your friends pants so you become an obstacle.

by the way, kinda funny that you are so concerned about being called a c*ckblocker. at a very young age, most guys figure out it's a basic girlcode move

Old 07-28-2013, 01:46 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
I recently encountered one. A friend of a friend. She is completely a --blocker. She is one of those types that thinks all men she deems attractive should only pay attention to her. So if one of these aforementioned attractive guys is not paying attention to her, she will interrupt the conversation and do everything in her power to wrestle attention away.

It happened to me. She displayed jealousy that a "hot" guy was chatting me up. And even more surprised that it was a "random" and not someone I had known before. So annoying. I don't have time for women like this.

She appears to be one of those women who thinks she is much more attractive than people she associates with, so all eyes should be on her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships