Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 06:26 PM

355 posts, read 389,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Great topic, op! Thank you for starting this thread.
oh finally, some appreciation

Quote:
Absolutely not. I cannot imagine being with anybody use "soft illegal stuff" for recreational purpose only. I love extreme sports, my life style is like a pro athlete. Drug has no part in my life.
*cough* michael felps *cough*

Quote:
So basically, I won't want a romantic relationship with somebody with drug problem. I won't expect anybody to date me if I develop any kind of addiction. But I won't walk away from the person, I will do whatever I can to help. If there are addiction, abuse, and affair in a relationship, the relationship would be doomed.
if you're hot, someone would put up with it.

if they had an addiction I'd probably advise that you run fast and far because you may have your TV stolen by your friend who needs to borrow "rent" money every week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I'm not defensive - just in disbelief that you would say the things that you are saying unless you were a drug dealer or a kid rationalizing your drug use. And - it seems it is the latter. That's not an attack - it seems to be the truth. You don't have to use drugs everyday to rationalize using drugs. And, yes, you are a kid.
well of course I'm a kid, you have the sheepish views of a soccer mom in her 40s or 50s and by my own logic I'm under 30

I'm like half your age grandma

Old 07-30-2013, 06:27 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilkingx2 View Post
I feel like you're in your 20s

most people older than that come from a time when all drugs were universally hated and weed was as bad as heroin, they're not used to thinking for themselves and making their own decisions about this kind of thing

or in other words, they're sheep who'll believe anything that the "infalliable" authority figures tell them without their own independant thought and research

hence why they think that only stupid rebellious teenagers would ever consider it.

it's also why there are people who think that abusing oxycotin or vallium is somehow not as bad as heroin or meth(that is the reason that 1 and 2 are seperate from 3 and 4, I wanted to see if any of those people were here)

What a joke............I personally quit drinking (excessively) alcohol and used nothing more than pot twice when I was 15 years old. That would be SIX YEARS before I could LEGALLY purchase anything.

IF you NEED any sort of drug, including alcohol to "be fun" everyone I know is as boring as one can get without being dead. We grew up AND matured many years ago.

MY decisions in MY life are MY OWN, I have first hand experience when it comes to drugs and alcohol and what it causes in families and one's environment and it is not pretty at all on any level. I've taken care of myself and been on my own for a very long time and could not afford to have any sort of that nonsense in my life and did not want any of it either. I put my own brother out of my life because of his drug and alcohol use.

If you want to continue to use whatever and have friends that do the same, more power to ya, knock yourselves out. Just don't be surprised one day when you wake up dead or hancuffed to a hospital bed because you are being charged with vehicular homicide because you killed others while you were
"having fun" doing your drugs.

PS ~~ You are actually showing yourself to be unable to think for yourself according to your definition since you have chosen to use the word "sheeple". Following the trend? Can't come up with your own word? Can't think for yourself?

Last edited by CSD610; 07-30-2013 at 07:02 PM..

Old 07-30-2013, 06:31 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilkingx2 View Post
well of course I'm a kid, you have the sheepish views of a soccer mom in her 40s or 50s and by my own logic I'm under 30

I'm like half your age grandma
So anyone who doesn't do drugs is a sheep? And since my son is not yet 2 years old and I'm not in my 40's - well, I'm not a grandma. You, on the other hand, are probably younger than 21 years old - which would make you a kid in the eyes of many people. I know you are calling me grandma as an attempt to insult me - and that's okay. I'm not calling you a kid in an attempt to insult you. I love it when people call me a kid! It's simply that you still see the world through the eyes of a kid - and you are unable to see them from any other point of view but your own. When you're an adult - you'll see things differently. You'll realize that you don't have to drink or do drugs to have fun. You'll realize that people saying NO to drugs is often a lot more difficult than saying yes. You'll realize that pot heads come in all ages - and that most healthy adults do not wish to become involved with people that have to do drugs to have a good time. Those that do usually don't make the best partners.

Old 07-30-2013, 06:31 PM

364 posts, read 560,084 times
There don't seem to be many scientists here.

Old 07-30-2013, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
You really don't know a lot of women do you or have much experience with those who actually drink alcohol?
I know a lot of women, but I have no female friends because my friendships with women usually fizzle out after one school year or so.

and I obviously know several people who drink alcohol

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Been there, done that, filed divorce papers the next day, got everything including no parental rights for him with our child since he did his drugs in the same room as our 2 month old baby while I was at the grocery.

Next.....
my god, what drug did he do that earned such vindication from you? crystal meth?

Old 07-30-2013, 06:47 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
I posted a story about something that happened recently to a lady I knew for 13 years and it was deleted. I'll try again - she was recently murdered by her live-in BF in a drunken rage. It really freaks me out that I actually met him once. They were breaking up and as far as I know alcohol was the major reason. I am very broken up over this as are many people that knew her. One of the sweetest people one would ever want to meet.

Alcohol does that to people. Marijuana, for instance, does not. Drunk driving, domestic abuse, alcoholism, etc. I could go on but you get the point. Many are addicted and it kills over 100K Americans every year. Alcohol is highly toxic and very easily abused so it can be deadly. Look up alcohol poisoning and get back to me on what's wrong with it. Also, take in consideration everything I just posted. It should have never been made legal in the first place but the government gives their approval so most are okay with it.

Alcohol is a drug.
So sorry about the loss of such a great lady

And I agree with you that alcohol is poison, though as long as people only use it in moderation a few times a month most can withstand the damage that is done.

But I have to disagree with you that marijuana is so benign.

It actually can bring on and accentuate paranoia in certain people - which technically could cause someone to do others harm. And it can be just as dangerous for someone who's totally loaded to drive a vehicle as it is for a drunk person to drive.

Old 07-30-2013, 06:50 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
So sorry about the loss of such a great lady

And I agree with you that alcohol is poison, though as long as people only use it in moderation a few times a month most can withstand the damage that is done.

But I have to disagree with you that marijuana is so benign.

It actually can bring on and accentuate paranoia in certain people - which technically could cause someone to do others harm. And it can be just as dangerous for someone who's totally loaded to drive a vehicle as it is for a drunk person to drive.
If marijuana wasn't a bad drug, work environments would be more lenient and not have an immediate grounds for termination clause, or force you to spend X days in rehab on your dime before returning to work, then tested weekly or more often, just for having marijuana in your body.

Old 07-30-2013, 06:50 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Sword View Post
1. No.
2. Absolutely.
3. No.
4. No.
This, except for me, (2.) wouldn't be "absolutely", it would be maybe and very very occasionally.

Old 07-30-2013, 06:54 PM

Quote:
So anyone who doesn't do drugs is a sheep?
common misconception, a sheep doesn't have a certain opinion, a sheep has his opinion because he believes what he is told instead of doing research and coming to his own conclusion(regardless of what it is)

so if you hate drugs because everyone told you they're bad, you're a sheep

if you hate drugs because you've tried them and don't like to get high, you've seen them ruin the lives of people close to you, you have an allergy, you have a condition like asthma that makes smoke intolerable, etc. then you're a rational person who happens to not like drugs

liking drugs because they're cool is the same sheepish behavior but on the opposite end

Quote:
And since my son is not yet 2 years old and I'm not in my 40's - well, I'm not a grandma.
[response omitted]

Quote:
You, on the other hand, are probably younger than 21 years old - which would make you a kid in the eyes of many people.
evidently including you

Quote:
I know you are calling me grandma as an attempt to insult me - and that's okay. I'm not calling you a kid in an attempt to insult you.
I totally thought you were being condescending and trying to insult me there... whoops, gotta change an earlier response then.

Quote:
I love it when people call me a kid! It's simply that you still see the world through the eyes of a kid - and you are unable to see them from any other point of view but your own. When you're an adult - you'll see things differently.
I can see other points of view(there's basically 3 points of view anyway, the middle one being mine: "I hate drugs because uncle sam told me to", "some drugs are great, some drugs are bad" and "hail satan, smoke meth"), I just think they're wrong

Quote:
You'll realize that you don't have to drink or do drugs to have fun.
isn't that obvious? drugs are for occassional fun with friends, your free time is better spent on video games

Quote:
You'll realize that people saying NO to drugs is often a lot more difficult than saying yes.
obviously.

Quote:
Those that do usually don't make the best partners.
yeah yeah yeah, you hate fun, whatever

Old 07-30-2013, 06:55 PM

87 posts, read 105,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
If marijuana wasn't a bad drug, work environments would be more lenient and not have an immediate grounds for termination clause, or force you to spend X days in rehab on your dime before returning to work, then tested weekly or more often, just for having marijuana in your body.
But you drink. Alcohol kills more people in overdoses than marijuana, kills more through drunk driving than marijuana, and creates more acts of violence than marijuana. But its still a bad drug? You're a hypocrite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships