Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 11:24 AM

6,657 posts, read 7,752,590 times

Advertisements

So has anyone experienced difficult inlaws or girlfriends ohana? What are your experience with asians and there ohanas?

Love to hear your experience, who know we could be helping someone who is suffering in silence?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2013, 01:55 AM

Lol now i know there are people that have difficult inlaws, or bad relationships with difficult girlfriends relatives on here. Dont be shy.

Old 08-27-2013, 11:34 PM

Please feel free to post your experiences, who knows you may help someone.

Old 09-02-2013, 12:32 PM

Aloha, just had coffee with my friend, thought i would update you. My friend looks like his old self again. He told me that he has a date for next weekend. I was happy for him, good guy.

Would anyone like to share there experiences?

Old 09-05-2013, 11:26 PM

The wonderful thing about cd forum is the ability to be helpful to others, so if you ever had troubles with a difficult s.o family or in-laws. By sharing your experiences you may help some poor person who is having troubles, so feel free to share.

Old 09-06-2013, 02:40 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,707,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
A friend came to me for some advice today and knew i was on this forum, so he asked me to start a thread for him. My friend loves his girlfriend but her family doesn't like him. The girl seems to pick her family over my friend, and my friend doesn't want to lose her but gets annoyed because of her family. What should he do? I will give you what i said to him later. Has anyone been thru this? what happened and what did you do? Advise?
Why does the family not like him, is there some reason he gave them? Or, is it just a case of nobody is good enough for their daughter, so, they automatically dislike whoever she dates?

Old 09-06-2013, 02:49 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by librarySue View Post
My ex continually put the needs of his parents before my needs and the needs of our marriage. If there was a difference of opinion of any kind, he sided with them. ranging from where to eat dinner to what color of paint to put on MY walls. When we had kids they became my leverage...because their needs outweighed those of his parents (most of the time) and his parents were conscious of that and more likely to lend me a helping hand.

He was mortified when we got divorced because...what would his parents think?

He is now getting married again...LOL...to the daughter of his parents' best friends. He proposed to her in front of both extended families. Desperate to regain their approval.

Bottom line, whatever their age, your friend and his GF are not ready for a committed relationship. He should move on.
No matter what the situation is children should never be referred to as "leverage".

Old 09-09-2013, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
Why does the family not like him, is there some reason he gave them? Or, is it just a case of nobody is good enough for their daughter, so, they automatically dislike whoever she dates?
I believe its a case of no good enough for there daughter. They wantted someone who was more successful.

Old 09-09-2013, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
No matter what the situation is children should never be referred to as "leverage".
I agree 100%

Any one else have in-laws from hell?

Old 09-09-2013, 10:03 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,953,883 times
My ex-FIL was old school Japanese and liked to shout, after he had a few sakes, that I was "too mouthy and did not repect my husband" As if a drunken, womanizer, and abuser warrants respect. Yes, I eventually got a clue by four and peaced out of that marriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships