U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 10:25 AM

26 posts, read 22,580 times

Advertisements

If you do this , then i will love you.
If you buy me gifts , then i will love you.
If you earn this amont of money , then i will love you.
If you emotionaly support me , then i will love you.

And so on. Love come with all sorts of conditions.
But why ?
Why can't we love without expectations ?
Why can't we love without conditions ?
For me , love means sacrifice. But i don't believe in conditional love nor i think its true or real love.

That is why i don't belive in Love at all. Putting conditions on love ?? Blah. I would rather live single all my life.

Sorry for my english. It is not my first language.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2013, 10:50 AM

3,395 posts, read 3,353,025 times
I don't put conditions on love, but I do have expectations in a relationship.

I still love my ex-husband, but the love wasn't strong enough for me to put up with his issues.

I sacrifice for my current husband, because he's worth it. He makes me his #1 priority, he respects me, he treats me like a queen and he's a great father. When he was out of work for two years, I was supportive and encouraging.

I don't like the term "unconditional love" because that means you are willing to put up with anything. Abuse? Treating my kids poorly? Sorry, no.

Old 08-01-2013, 11:44 AM

6,756 posts, read 8,310,068 times
Quote:
I don't like the term "unconditional love" because that means you are willing to put up with anything. Abuse? Treating my kids poorly? Sorry, no.
Agree.

OP, what you are describing is not 'conditional love'. It's lying.

No-one can predict or plan love. Anytime someone tells you that they do not love you now, but they will love you in the future (with or without things you have to do in the meantime), they are lying to you.

Old 08-01-2013, 11:45 AM

21,188 posts, read 20,997,302 times
For someone who doesn't believe in love - you certainly seem obsessed with it.

Old 08-01-2013, 11:49 AM

3,664 posts, read 5,544,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterunit View Post

But why ?
For me , love means sacrifice. But i don't believe in conditional love nor i think its true or real love.

That is why i don't belive in Love at all. Putting conditions on love ?? Blah. I would rather live single all my life.

I agree with you! In the beginning of finding someone we want to find someone who meets our "conditions". However I think as a relationship grows most of those conditions become irrelevant. We put wayyyy to much emphasis on meeting "that perfect person".

Old 08-01-2013, 11:53 AM

3,801 posts, read 2,014,026 times
Unconditional or puppy love is the BEST love. However, when one side derails, the other side have to test the derailed one on conditions. It's only through the meeting of these conditions and the sacrifices the derailed one has to go through that the relationship goes back to unconditional love.

Old 08-01-2013, 12:28 PM

26 posts, read 22,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
For someone who doesn't believe in love - you certainly seem obsessed with it.
not obessed . Just don't know why people overrate love and relationship.
I live alone and don't get why people even fall in love and then put conditions on love.
It don't make any sense at all.

Old 08-01-2013, 12:30 PM

21,188 posts, read 20,997,302 times
Quote:
not obessed . Just don't know why people overrate love and relationship.
I live alone and don't get why people even fall in love and then put conditions on love.
It don't make any sense at all.
Because real love can be the most wonderful feeling in the world. If it doesn't make any sense to you - maybe you simply aren't capable of it. That's fine. Just do what makes you happy.

Old 08-01-2013, 12:40 PM

78,603 posts, read 70,482,002 times
Quote:

But why ?

Mutual emotional support is one thing love is all about. Generosity is also a natural expression of love. That may not involve gift-giving, depending on someone's budget. It could involve other types of gestures; taking the time and thought to be helpful in various ways, planning modest outings, etc.
Are you talking about love, or sex?

Old 08-01-2013, 12:46 PM

10,511 posts, read 8,756,105 times
Quote:

But why ?

All relationships involve transactions between partners in which they exchange goods and services to their mutual benefit. I want sex; she wants conservation. There's a saying in Denmark that you can't have good sex with a guy you can't talk with. (This is just an example of just one kind of transaction).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or