Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 02:44 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,237,862 times

Advertisements

OP read this forum.

There are acres and acres of posts from guys who are wondering if she is "flirting" with them, when all the rest of us are howling that a smile and a hello are not necessarily flirting!

As for the "blatant stare" well she'd probably just remembered she'd forgotten to get something out of the freezer for dinner that night.

Men consistently mistake female politeness for interest.

Whyyyyyyyyyyyy??????

No wonder some women are getting b.tchy when you open doors for them. If they say "thank you" you guys might assume a blowie is 5 minutes away.

OP, all men on CD - ALL OF YOU..............

There will be no doubt or misunderstandings or need to post on CD, with a woman who really likes you!!!

You've heard of "womanly wiles" right? Even the dumbest girl has them, and uses them, when she sees a man she likes.

End of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2013, 02:46 PM

93 posts, read 146,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
OP read this forum.

There are acres and acres of posts from guys who are wondering if she is "flirting" with them, when all the rest of us are howling that a smile and a hello are not necessarily flirting!

As for the "blatant stare" well she'd probably just remembered she'd forgotten to get something out of the freezer for dinner that night.

Whyyyyyyyyyyyy??????

No wonder some women are getting b.tchy when you open doors for them. If they say "thank you" you guys might assume a blowie is 5 minutes away.

There will be no doubt or misunderstandings with a woman who really likes you!!!

You've heard of "womanly wiles" right? Even the dumbest girl has them, and uses them, when she sees a man she likes.

End of.
Right. Women complain all day long that they keep sending their crush signals and he catches none of them and that they refuse to make the first move.

Old 08-01-2013, 02:46 PM

491 posts, read 569,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
OP read this forum.

Whyyyyyyyyyyyy??????

There will be no doubt or misunderstandings with a woman who really likes you!!!

End of.
Wow I completely agree. A woman who is nice to you doesn't mean she wants you. I wish men would get that. If a woman is nice to you she's just being nice. If she wants to sleep with you...let's just say there would be no doubt she wants to sleep with you.

Old 08-01-2013, 03:01 PM

2,313 posts, read 2,504,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AStalkingButler View Post
OP, I had the exact same thing happen, except I Facebook messaged the girl instead of texting her. The thing about Facebook messaging someone who isn't your friend is that the message is sorted into a folder called "Other" and they don't get a notification about it. I didn't know that at first. She probably didn't message me back because she didn't see it. Still, I feel a little creepy and pathetic knowing that I looked up her Facebook and then messaged her.
See post #27

Old 08-01-2013, 03:03 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,237,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyNewGuy View Post
Right. Women complain all day long that they keep sending their crush signals and he catches none of them and that they refuse to make the first move.
Duh.

Those women are being ignored by the men they want...obviously "out of their league".

They are still sending the signals in the first place.

Get it.???

Old 08-01-2013, 03:04 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBomb View Post
Wow I completely agree. A woman who is nice to you doesn't mean she wants you. I wish men would get that. If a woman is nice to you she's just being nice. If she wants to sleep with you...let's just say there would be no doubt she wants to sleep with you.
And unbelievable as it may seem, there's a whole range of interest in-between "let's be friends", and "let's get a hotel room". For example, there's "let's go to lunch and see if we have any common ground", and "let's do a couple of coffee dates so I can figure out if I feel safe with you before we decide to date".

Old 08-01-2013, 03:09 PM

491 posts, read 569,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
And unbelievable as it may seem, there's a whole range of interest in-between "let's be friends", and "let's get a hotel room". For example, there's "let's go to lunch and see if we have any common ground".
If my name was, oh let's say, Bratt Pitt, what woman would ask me for 'lunch to see if we have any common ground'?

Old 08-01-2013, 03:12 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBomb View Post
If my name was, oh let's say, Bratt Pitt, what woman would ask me for 'lunch to see if we have any common ground'?
How many guys are Brad Pitt? You're talking about maybe 10% of the male population that would be at that level or even in the general ballpark. The "lunch so I can scope you out" is way more common than the Brad Pitt-ambush. This is C-D, gotta keep it real.

Old 08-01-2013, 03:15 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,800,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokerman View Post
If that was the only thing, I'd agree. But to me the other two times we ran into each other she seemed interested. If those were not signals that she was interested, then I'm screwed. I guess I can't assume anything until she actually comes out and says something ..
What you call interested most people consider basic civility.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-01-2013, 03:23 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,068,765 times
Text message to flirt with someone the first time? Bad idea.

Text Message from Company phone to another Company phone to flirt? Really bad idea.

Maybe she is smart enough to figure that out.

You want to take someone for coffee? You walk up to them, you smile, you ask them, "Would you like to go for coffee this afternoon at 4:30?"

Whatsamatter with you guys? This is not difficult.

Text! Sheesh. I'd ignore you just for being a tool. Grow a pair. Women like that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships