U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2013, 05:50 AM

1,058 posts, read 1,396,521 times

Advertisements

Seriously, why not?

I'm not saying that single mothers/fathers should immediately cling to the first single mother/father they meet, but it would solve a lot of dating problems. Who could understand a single parent better than another single parent?
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2013, 06:31 AM

491 posts, read 452,150 times
I'm going to assume that they don't want the burden of another person's child, but want assistance with their own from a single person. In my experience they tend to tell you that they won't bring their child into it, but they end up doing it anyway.

Old 08-02-2013, 06:51 AM

20,014 posts, read 20,509,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StabbyAbby View Post
Seriously, why not?

I'm not saying that single mothers/fathers should immediately cling to the first single mother/father they meet, but it would solve a lot of dating problems. Who could understand a single parent better than another single parent?

A lot of people do. When I started dating after my husband died, I dated both singles and single dads.

Old 08-02-2013, 07:28 AM

718 posts, read 1,474,380 times
As a single father myself I PREFER to date a single mother since we are both in situations that only single parents could understand especially if the age of her child is close to my own.

Old 08-02-2013, 07:35 AM

14,785 posts, read 17,404,166 times
Quote:
Seriously, why not?

They just don't. I'm not sure if it will solve any problems with dating or relationships of the future, it might even cause more problems of a blended family. I can only see matured single parents marrying other matured single parents with kids who are in their teens or older. From my observation and experience most women with kids prefer a man who has no kids to date over a man who has kids, some woman can not handle their kids and someone elses kids at the same time. Generally most single moms in America have two children out of the loop. I have dated single moms before and the question was always asked if I had kids which I don't. On the flip side I'm not fond of dating or being in a relationship with single moms with multiple kids, if its one its ok, two is pushing the threshold, three oh hell no!

Old 08-02-2013, 09:18 AM

2,350 posts, read 4,259,872 times
Quote:
Seriously, why not?

Because they do date other single parents.

Next question?

Old 08-02-2013, 09:22 AM

23,903 posts, read 31,130,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBomb View Post
I'm going to assume that they don't want the burden of another person's child, but want assistance with their own from a single person. In my experience they tend to tell you that they won't bring their child into it, but they end up doing it anyway.
LOL!

As if I would have EVER wanted "help" from some man that was not my son's father!!!

Old 08-02-2013, 10:18 AM

4,380 posts, read 3,428,147 times
Quote:
Who could understand a single parent better than another single parent?
What about two single parents with completely different parenting styles who both think their way is "right?"

Old 08-02-2013, 10:20 AM

491 posts, read 452,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
LOL!

As if I would have EVER wanted "help" from some man that was not my son's father!!!
That's what they say until the relationship gets deeper. If you don't want help then don't accept it, I'm saying that they usually do. NOT ALWAYS, but usually. Why did you put quotes around help? You know that a man could help if you let him and he was willing.

Old 08-02-2013, 10:28 AM

2,765 posts, read 3,957,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
LOL!

C'mon, many, many, MANY women DO.
You make it sound like you represent all single parents with this statement. And IME, more DO want help, then do not need it. It may not be their sole intention, but single women parents sure aren't looking for a guy they can take care of.
And combined incomes certainly help a previously single parent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or