Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 06:28 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
is there a word,,,for the double-curse of short AND ugly?????

shugly??
that's probably the best.

You already have to have a bunch of things going for you to get someone interested in you when you're short or ugly. I have no idea what it would take if you were both lol.

Old 08-03-2013, 06:34 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AStalkingButler View Post
Notice how you said "cool", which is a neutral word with respect to physical attractiveness. I've never heard a girl say that short guys are "hot" or "sexy" -- that's for sure.
I have. I've known a short guy who would make the OP look tall by comparison, and he was a very active player. Women threw themselves at him. I've known other short guys (again--shorter than the OP) who weren't into being players, but could have been, by all the women they had hovering around them. I've definitely heard women discussing short guys as sexy. It depends on the guy. But even nice, interesting short guys who don't give off a sexy vibe can and do have multiple women hovering around them.

Quit whining and get yourself a personality, OP. Become indifferent to your height, live your life, and get some interesting hobbies. Are you in college?

Old 08-03-2013, 06:36 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,242,007 times
Quote:
Notice how you said "cool", which is a neutral word with respect to physical attractiveness. I've never heard a girl say that short guys are "hot" or "sexy" -- that's for sure.
Really?

You've never ever heard anyone call Mel Gibson or Tom Cruise or Sean Penn "hot"? Or the young girls with One Direction, none of whom are exactly giants?

What about Bieber? He's been sexy since he was 13 to some females.

I have heard them many many times...but then, I mix with real women, not just imaginary ones.

Old 08-03-2013, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Really?

You've never ever heard anyone call Mel Gibson or Tom Cruise or Sean Penn "hot"? Or the young girls with One Direction, none of whom are exactly giants?

What about Bieber? He's been sexy since he was 13 to some females.

I have...but then, I mix with real women, not just imaginary ones.
Bravo! +1 !

213 posts, read 504,139 times
Quote:
Really?

Those actors go to great lengths to look tall in movies. Your overall perception of those actors is from the movies you've seen them in. I guarantee you'd have a different perception if you saw their shrimpy proportions in real life.

7,685 posts, read 6,195,293 times
OP - The worst thing that can happen to you is that you eventually adopt an MGTOW lifestyle.

Old 08-03-2013, 06:40 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,242,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I have. I've known a short guy who would make the OP look tall by comparison, and he was a very active player. Women threw themselves at him. I've known other short guys (again--shorter than the OP) who weren't into being players, but could have been, by all the women they had hovering around them. I've definitely heard women discussing short guys as sexy. It depends on the guy. But even nice, interesting short guys who don't give off a sexy vibe can and do have multiple women hovering around them.

Quit whining and get yourself a personality, OP. Become indifferent to your height, live your life, and get some interesting hobbies. Are you in college?
All the really stupid ones seem to be in some form of "higher education". Maybe they need to spend some time in the School of Life.

Old 08-03-2013, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Those actors go to great lengths to look tall in movies. Your overall perception of those actors is from the movies you've seen them in. I guarantee you'd have a different perception if you saw their shrimpy proportions in real life.
That's because the entertainment biz requires it. But IRL there's nothing they can do to look tall. They're just themselves.

Old 08-03-2013, 06:42 PM

Quote:
All the really stupid ones seem to be in some form of "higher education". Maybe they need to spend some time in the School of Life.
There is Life after college.

Old 08-03-2013, 06:42 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,226,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhornsfan87 View Post
How unlikely is it that I'll ever find a girl? I'm only 5'3, and I turn 21 this month. Before someone suggests that I date a girl shorter than me; even girls my height want 6' tall guys.
Not screwed at all. There are only so few of us tall guys. The rest will either be alone or flock to you guys
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships