Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 07:14 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,567,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanFlyer45 View Post
Not very likely to happen. In addition, everyone I know already knows everything I have posted. No embarrassment.
They may "know" everything you've posted but have they read this thread? "Not very likely to happen"? If it hasn't happened already, people in your area will very soon know about this thread. Many will be tittering behind your back and others are going to be simply embarrassed. Let me put it like this.

I would be mortified if (a) I were the girlfriend/fiancée of a man who even told others such intimate details, let alone post them on an open forum visited by thousands of people and accompanied by identifying photographs; (b) either of my parents had ever done so; (c) my friends, coworkers, members of the community in general were privy to such details.

I can't imagine why you would think differently.

But what's done is done, it's all out there in cyberspace for all to read. Just be aware that the repercussions may be rather different than you expect. TMI.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2013, 07:18 AM

56 posts, read 43,494 times
I don't know anyone in Austin and no one in Austin knows me.

Old 08-06-2013, 07:24 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,404,501 times
Hey OP. I don't usually read long original posts. But as I got reading yours, I didn't stop. Well written and enjoyed it.
You have lived an interesting and full life so far. Well done and best wishes in the future.

Old 08-06-2013, 07:25 AM

Quote:
I don't know anyone in Austin and no one in Austin knows me.
You listed your zip as 78731 in your profile.

Old 08-06-2013, 07:26 AM

56 posts, read 43,494 times
That is true. But you are making a whole lot of assumptions on which I am not going to elaborate.

Old 08-06-2013, 07:30 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,968,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
They may "know" everything you've posted but have they read this thread? "Not very likely to happen"? If it hasn't happened already, people in your area will very soon know about this thread. Many will be tittering behind your back and others are going to be simply embarrassed. Let me put it like this.

I would be mortified if (a) I were the girlfriend/fiancée of a man who even told others such intimate details, let alone post them on an open forum visited by thousands of people and accompanied by identifying photographs; (b) either of my parents had ever done so; (c) my friends, coworkers, members of the community in general were privy to such details.

I can't imagine why you would think differently.

But what's done is done, it's all out there in cyberspace for all to read. Just be aware that the repercussions may be rather different than you expect. TMI.
Personally, I didn't read anything I think he should be embarrassed about.

He told the entire world he is enjoying sex with a very beautiful woman who will soon become his wife.

What exactly is there to be embarrassed about? If anything, they would be envious of him.

And if you search this forum, you will find lots of very detailed conversations about sex.

Here is a perfect example:

Nonsexual touch

Old 08-06-2013, 07:37 AM

Quote:
That is true. But you are making a whole lot of assumptions on which I am not going to elaborate.
I haven't made any assumptions that I'm aware of, have read what you wrote and am commenting on exactly that just as others are doing. If you don't feel like answering any comments or questions, then no worries at all.

Old 08-06-2013, 08:06 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,021,234 times
I think this post is extremely strange--especially the graphic bits--but I'm sure you enjoy the attention. Why on earth you would want to post those photos is another matter entirely.

Old 08-06-2013, 08:08 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,290,114 times
Quote:
Some good questions and I will try my best to answer them.

She is proud to be seen with me and thinks my looks are fine. She doesn't care about age. Maybe if we were twenty and forty it would make a difference. But forty-five and sixty-five? I was skeptical myself but it never seems to be an issue. I have since done some rudimentary research on the internet and found that this is becoming more of a trend lately. At any rate, it works for us and it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. We share tastes in music (Elvis, especially), dinner dates (which she enjoys but says that men her own age don't seem to do anymore), and travel. I don't think having a new car is something to be concerned about; it's just a car for gosh sakes.

The reason for the six-month gap was that during this time period, she was becoming disillusioned with the dating pool she was using. The men were either married, gay, or were complete jerks with no jobs. At the six-month mark, she had had enough. That's when she decided that her current strategy was all wrong and decided to do the opposite of what she had for her entire life. She was very unhappy for twenty-five years. She was beat up, humiliated, taken advantage of, and now she is happy. It is easy to think she is taking advantage of me, but there are many other factors in here besides money. She said the men she had been dating were in love with themselves and not her. Her parents and son are happy. Her friends are happy for her. She is convinced she make the right choice. Does she look unhappy to you?

On the issues of envying her clothing, I said she didn't have any clothes to speak of, and that wasn't entirely true. She had a couple of nice dresses and shoes, but not much else. She truly had almost no significant belongings; most of what she had was old and worn out. One interesting tidbit. I am three inches taller than her (she is 5'7"), but she loves to wear four or five inch heels, and when she does, she is taller than I am. I thought it might bother her but it doesn't in the slightest.

I have taken her on a number of trips. She has never traveled before except in a few southern states, so I've taken her to San Francisco, Carmel, and Hawaii, and a few other places. She has thoroughly enjoyed these trips. I don't see what is so wrong about that.

A sugar daddy is quite different from our relationship. It is a business proposition with specific terms and conditions and generally no love, and they are not friends, but an exchange of money for sex. Our relationship is not like that at all. She is deeply in love (and I am old enough to know that that is the case, and that she is not feigning it; there are some advantages to being older, and that is one of them: you know people quite well). If someone is faking it, they will slip up from time-to-time. We talk several hours a day. You cannot do that for a year and completely fool someone. She is proud of me with her parents and her son and her friends. No sugar daddy ever has that happen. Her favorite song for us is "God gave me you", which she sincerely believes.

On your next post, where you say that is disgusting, I don't believe being flirty or sexy is in any way disgusting, but you are free to have your own opinion. That was not the focus of my story; it was just a short phrasing to try and convey part of her personality. Going commando is not all that unusual these days. It is more common that you might think, and both of us think that it is very sexy. There is room in the world for all sorts of opinions. You have yours and we have ours.

Thank you for your interest.
Your looks are fine, I just do not think they match hers. I don't think that is an issue, I have surely been in relationships like that, but I love a person for who they are on the inside.

I thought it was disgusting for you to post that she did that, not that she did it.

At any rate, I hope yo have found true love and happiness. I am quite sure people who are in a stage of grief can fall into a disillusioned state when it comes to a woman falling for them who is such a perfect specimen.

You are giving her and buying her everything her heart desires, I don't think it would take much to put on a happy front.

Just so you know, a new car is not "nothing." Many people cannot afford a new car. They can't afford trips to here there and everywhere. She used to be one of those people, and without you, still would be.

I wish you well, I hope you have truly found the love you say you have. It is just hard to not be skeptical when your relationship is based on monetary things.

Old 08-06-2013, 08:08 AM

3,501 posts, read 6,152,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
but I'm sure you enjoy the attention.
Bingo!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships