Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 05:24 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
This taco man isn't a man... he's got some major issues going on... matter of fact, I'm surprised you are with him.... I'm sorry to be harsh about it, as I don't know the guy personally but everything you talked about him........ you had to give up way way too many other much more important things just to get a childless man......
I didn't give up anything to be with him. Sure he's got an issue he is working on but far better than a man who broke his marriage vow. He can be helped with a drinking problem but a man without morals has no help at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2013, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Not lazy at all, just realistic. And what do you mean by elevate? I'm in good shape and have a good career. I'm into self help, so always elevating. Here, its just a lack of women who meet even my minimal criteria.
When people say to lower their standards they mean so people will be miserable. I personally wouldn't date an obese man either since our lifestyles aren't alike. No way would I ever consider dating a dad either because I like having men spend money on me (as I do on them)and the idea of spending time and money on some guy's spawn, no thanks.

Old 08-04-2013, 06:02 PM

50,788 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraciousVox View Post
But you are far more desperate than a man is of your age bracket. Well you can wait until fair is fair, but being never married and in you're 40s should tell you that you need to step up your game or lower your standards. Its the same as ATL39... the competition for want you want is fierce.... what are you going to do to elevate yourself so that a prized man will want you?
As a 51 year old woman who met my bf online almost 3 years ago, I have to disagree with you. I have a lot to offer any man, and my bf is lucky to have me and knows it He is 3 years younger than me. I am actually a FAR better partner now than I was in my 20's. Of course some men will want younger women, but certainly not all nor even the majority in my experience, and the ones that do and cannot see my value are not the ones I care about anyway. I actually met more men and higher quality men in my 40's than I did in my 30's. There is no reason for any woman to have to convince a man of her worth nor to settle, IMO.

Old 08-04-2013, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
As a 51 year old woman who met my bf online almost 3 years ago, I have to disagree with you. I have a lot to offer any man, and my bf is lucky to have me and knows it He is 3 years younger than me. I am actually a FAR better partner now than I was in my 20's. Of course some men will want younger women, but certainly not all nor even the majority in my experience, and the ones that do and cannot see my value are not the ones I care about anyway. I actually met more men and higher quality men in my 40's than I did in my 30's. There is no reason for any woman to have to convince a man of her worth nor to settle, IMO.
Yep. Way too many people here seem to think older women need to take anything they can but men have their choice. In fact I have seen far more desperate men online than offline.

Last edited by Idon'tdateyou; 08-04-2013 at 08:41 PM..

Old 08-04-2013, 08:41 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I didn't give up anything to be with him. Sure he's got an issue he is working on but far better than a man who broke his marriage vow. He can be helped with a drinking problem but a man without morals has no help at all.
Being an alcoholic who has never married and lives with his mom isn't a minor obstacle.

I hope you see this. You seem like a decent person, and I worry that your quest for a childless, religious, never-married man has landed you at the bottom of the dating barrel.

Old 08-04-2013, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Yep. Way too many people here seem to think older women need to take anything they can but men have their choice. In fact I have seen far more desperate men online than offline.
I can't argue with that.

Old 08-04-2013, 08:45 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
Being an alcoholic who has never married and lives with his mom isn't a minor obstacle.

I hope you see this. You seem like a decent person, and I worry that your quest for a childless, religious, never-married man has landed you at the bottom of the dating barrel.
This is exactly my point........she settled for Taco man because he hasn't been married and is childless.....strange strange priorities she has.....

Old 08-04-2013, 09:24 PM

It might but these things matter to me more than anything. I don't want to be a step mom under any circumstances and I would conflict severely with a man who has been divorced in most cases and is not religious because religion is important to me.

Old 08-04-2013, 09:36 PM

Quote:
It might but these things matter to me more than anything. I don't want to be a step mom under any circumstances and I would conflict severely with a man who has been divorced in most cases and is not religious because religion is important to me.
I get that, but do you think your concerns are rational?

You could meet a man who has a grown child, was divorced long ago, and respects your religion even if he's not particularly religious.

You would give this up for an alcoholic who has never married, will likely never marry OR have kids, AND lives with a controlling mother?

Ouch.

Old 08-04-2013, 09:51 PM

But the thing is I don't want a man who is divorced with a child even if the child is grown. It's still different to my values not to mention he can't marry in church.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships