Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 02:45 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,055,061 times

Advertisements

Is anyone surprised why some people wonder if one can get unhealthily attached to their pets?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2013, 02:49 PM

628 posts, read 1,389,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
Is anyone surprised why some people wonder if one can get unhealthily attached to their pets?
That's exactly the reason I was trying to point out with my posts on letting pets "grow up", many Humans are selfish and will try to keep their 'pets' 'children' forever.~

The sad thing is they often succeed and they retard the mental growth of the non-Human.~

Old 10-17-2013, 02:57 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,236,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColorsWolf View Post
Many creatures can navigate without dying on a daily basis, it all depends on how they were raised and if you raised them poorly: then you are guilty of both being a horrible parent and a slave owner.~

bellakin123,

I'm sorry, but the common definition of a "slave" does not suffice since simply calling slaves "people" does not rule out the reality of the practice that non-Humans are subjected to.~

And NO it is NOT "completely off-topic", if you paid attention to my first post, this would be obvious to you:

"Um, do you realize that HUMANS ARE ANIMALS TO?!~

So basically any one who carries a Human baby around, is carrying around their animal.~

Please be more specific with your thread titles in the future.~

As to your questions, I see no reason why not date some one who carries an Human or non-Human infant around.~ There is not much difference between different kinds of animals when they are infants.~

How ever eventually the animal will grow up, I would not be with any one who keeps their child after they have grown up, that's just cruel.~" - ColorsWolf

I bolded the important parts for you.~
IT'S OFF TOPIC. You brought up slaves--why? A human is not comparable to an animal and if you think so then you have some serious issues. Do you think cats and dogs stop at the corner and wait for the "walk" sign? Do they look both ways to make sure no cars are coming? When a dog takes off after a bird or cat, does he look to see if it's safe to cross? It's absurd for you to suggest that me not teaching my pets how to cross the street makes me a bad parent.

WILD animals are intuitive and can survive but even they can't cross a road without eventually getting struck.

I bolded the important parts for you as well.

Old 10-17-2013, 06:17 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Let's get back on topic please, and that topic is NOT any type of animal rights.

Thank you.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-17-2013, 06:18 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
No way. In hell.

Old 10-17-2013, 06:24 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,769 times
I don't like small dogs and definitely wouldn't date a man who carried one around with him.

Old 10-17-2013, 06:51 PM

628 posts, read 1,389,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
IT'S OFF TOPIC. You brought up slaves--why? A human is not comparable to an animal and if you think so then you have some serious issues. Do you think cats and dogs stop at the corner and wait for the "walk" sign? Do they look both ways to make sure no cars are coming? When a dog takes off after a bird or cat, does he look to see if it's safe to cross? It's absurd for you to suggest that me not teaching my pets how to cross the street makes me a bad parent.

WILD animals are intuitive and can survive but even they can't cross a road without eventually getting struck.

I bolded the important parts for you as well.
I still disagree and I am done with this conversation with you.~

Again to OP: Yes, I would date some one who did that but only if the animal is still a child.~
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships