Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 05:42 AM

349 posts, read 422,827 times

Advertisements

I just made an account to ask this question.. Yes I am young and stupid and need advice. KINDA LONG

I'm 20, this girl is 23 and we work together. We both share similar personalities (very introverted and quiet) and we got along well for a couple of weeks. I got her number and we started texting each other etc etc.... This girl is giving all the signals so I ask her out on a date and she basically avoids it...

I ignore it.. We keep talking and things go good when I notice she becomes really quiet the next few weeks in person and never bothers to keep a conversation... It was quite annoying since she would be the one texting me first and I could never get anything going. She then tells me she went out with another MALE co worker and "didnt do anything".. I was like wow.

Couple weeks later she starts to change and become more social towards me in person and text etc.. I give her the cold shoulder after her major mood swing and her going out with another co worker. I got a bit jealous and told myself to hell with it, shes toying with me..

Then she asks why Im being so mean to her, I say I'm not.. She then says she cares about her friends and Basically tell her to eff off, we aren't friends just co workers and explained how frustrated I was with the situation above^. She then tells me that one of her friends died which is why she fell into a bad mood, and that she went out with the other guy cause he asked.. She then said that she never cared about getting to know me which is a contradiction because she really seemed warm towards me. We haven't talked in 2 weeks

It's kinda both our faults, but the thing is I have a MAJOR crush on this girl still for some reason... I just dunno if she is interested. She told me about her prior boyfriends and chilled with my other co worker, yet she still gives other signals and hints that she likes me? Is it too late?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2013, 05:49 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Ugh.....stay away from her she's a player or bipolar. You want her because she's a game to be won. And the fact that she's there. Get another job bet you will hit on the next chicky.

Old 08-06-2013, 06:03 AM

6,044 posts, read 24,093,179 times
Hard as it is, what I would suggest is to just ask her in person if she would like to go out with you sometime. If she says yes, then great! But if she says no, or tries to brush it off, I'd move on.

Old 08-06-2013, 06:10 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,427,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christina0001 View Post
Hard as it is, what I would suggest is to just ask her in person if she would like to go out with you sometime. If she says yes, then great! But if she says no, or tries to brush it off, I'd move on.
Thats pretty much it

Old 08-06-2013, 06:24 AM

175 posts, read 275,484 times
Quote:
This.

You really messed up telling her to get lost, bad move, there was no need for that. On the other hand her friend dying can't have helped.

But if she's having general mood swings where one minute she's talking to you the next minute its going quiet.....if I'm being honest I'd forget the whole thing and move on, even if something with her picks up your going to have to work pretty hard to keep it going & put up with these mood swings. I wasted a lot of time in the past on someone I really liked that was similar to this, and as great as it would have been if I got somewhere with her, the effort required outweighs the high unlikelihood of a happy ending.

Old 08-06-2013, 06:25 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,991,787 times
She sounds crazy and is a co-worker. Two huge no-nos.

Being in your early 20s, co-worker flings probably aren't bad as I'm assuming you're not in your career job yet. However, the two issues I mentioned above are going to cause this potential relationship to be a disaster. I'd advise going after someone else who you don't work with and is not a lunatic.

Old 08-06-2013, 06:41 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
Quote:
Except the OP said he already asked her out and she avoided answering. I have to say I'd let her go.

Old 08-06-2013, 07:55 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,012,483 times
Wow, way too much game playing going on there!

I would forget it. You asked her out, she rejected you.

Old 08-06-2013, 09:45 AM

878 posts, read 942,275 times
No. Forget her.

Old 08-06-2013, 09:57 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Part of being a grownup is getting to make all your own choices - so you can certainly choose to continue to pursue her if you want.

However, you must remember that every choice you make will have a consequence.

Now, some consequences are good, and some are very painful.

People tell us who they are by their behavior and actions.

Hers would indicate to me that she can't be trusted not to hurt you.

If you want to take the risk, that's fine - nothing ventured, nothing gained.

However, I would recommend you just cut to the chase with her - no more games.

Tell her you like her and tell her you'd like for her to go out with you on such and such a date - don't leave it wide open, make the date definite.

If she doesn't accept your offer and tries to put you off, THEN you cut your losses and quit the pursuit. Believe me, she will respect you more for this than if you just keep chasing after her like a little puppy.

Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships