Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 06:21 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Furthermore, where do these creeps come from? I know a bunch of chaps, I don't see them acting stalkerish. The stories of pictures of penises and lewd comments on dating sites make it sound commonplace. A few of my buddies dated online, I can't picture them doing the horrors women write about.

Creeps.
Are they among us?
Have shady people infiltrated our social circles?

I come across many people of all ages during the day. None look obviously creepy. But that might be because I mind my own business.
Women are also often described as psycho if they partake in any behavior that is considered clingy or needy/dependent.

I have come across a lot of men that have done some pretty heinous things.
Stalking
Graphic Texts (number blocked)
Incessant Calling/Leaving insane voice mails
Physically Violent

The list goes on.

Old 08-07-2013, 06:28 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,399,244 times
Quote:
Furthermore, where do these creeps come from? I know a bunch of chaps, I don't see them acting stalkerish. The stories of pictures of penises and lewd comments on dating sites make it sound commonplace. A few of my buddies dated online, I can't picture them doing the horrors women write about.

Creeps.
Are they among us?

I come across many people of all ages during the day. None look obviously creepy. But that might be because I mind my own business.

Don't believe us? Create a fake profile on a dating site with an semi-attractive woman's photo and see what ends up in your inbox.

Old 08-07-2013, 06:38 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,399,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
That "female feeling" you're mocking derives itself from a place of fear and uncertainty, a vibe that a woman gets. And that vibe is created by the man acting a certain way, talking a certain way, not because the guy doesn't look like George Clooney.

Everything from lewd and inappropriate comments, to inappropriate touching, violating personal space, lurking, following, those sorts of things. You can't tell if someone is creepy or dangerous just by looking at them, and maybe they're not actually a creep at all, but something about their behaviour is setting alarm bells off in the woman's head, and self-preservation kicks in.

And most of the time, the guy won't even know she thinks he's a creep because most women don't go around pointing and announcing it for all to hear. They're simply trying to avoid him, based on a gut feeling, not draw attention to themselves.

This.

And like Liberty stated, the guy won't even know his behavior is coming across as inappropriate or creepy because most women don't say anything, we just tend to avoid the guy altogether without stating the true reason why. From our standpoint, what good can come from a woman telling a man she finds his behavior inappropriate or creepy? It doesn't usually go over well.

Old 08-07-2013, 07:15 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,152,805 times
My wife wont spend anymore time than is polite with her best friends brother as she describes him as "creepy", she says he makes her uneasy for some reason. He's a fairly normal enough bloke and has girlfriends so he obviously doesn't make every woman feel this way but there's something about him that makes my wife uncomfortable.

She would just rather not be in a part of the room that has him in it.

Old 08-07-2013, 07:17 AM

50,778 posts, read 36,474,703 times
Quote:

Creeps.
Are they among us?

I come across many people of all ages during the day. None look obviously creepy.
But that might be because I mind my own business.
They don't go around with trenchcoats, they look like everyone else because they are just regular people often with families, etc. When I was a young teen back in the 70's and I used to hitchhike as my primary mode of transportation (back then it was not as weird or uncommon as it sounds now) the few people who acted perverted and scared me enough to jump out of the car were never weird looking or scummy looking guys, they were guys in nice suits and ties driving nice cars to their nice suburban homes and families. Look at Anthony Weiner, if this didn't come out, would you know by looking at him? Do you think the guys he worked with, played golf with, had him over for family gatherings, had any idea what he did in his private time until it came out?

Old 08-07-2013, 08:03 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Because men outnumber women by almost 10 to 1 in the violence stakes.
Where exactly do you get this number? I agree with most rest of your post though.

And Once women come up with the definition of what "creepy" actualy means, this discussion would have merit. As it stands, its pretty much any action or words spoken by an approaching men, whos is undesireable. Same actions and words by a man approaching that the woman likes is called courtship.

Old 08-07-2013, 08:10 AM

5,012 posts, read 7,872,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Because men outnumber women by almost 10 to 1 in the violence stakes.

Men are basically capable of some horrific behaviour, much much more often than women. They are action driven so stalking is an "action" an unhappy or unrequited man will sometimes turn to, to feel like he has control again.

You all have the "action" hormone but we've got the "caring" hormone.

Basically we sit around the campfire looking after the children while the blokes go out catch dinner. Anthropologically speaking.

Women usually hurt themselves, men strike out and hurt others.

ETA: I thought you went to high school?
I don't think the feminists will take kindly to this...

Old 08-07-2013, 08:12 AM

36,531 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:

Creeps.
Are they among us?

Im surprised you really have to ask this. Is it not obvious that overall men are more aggressive and dangerous than women. Forget crime stats just slight observation of the world around you would bring you to that conclusion.

There are creeps everywhere, both male and female. I mind my own business too but that's kind of what makes them creepy, they infiltrate your space and intrude into your privacy. I have never done on-line dating so I cant comment to the pictures but I have had my fair share of lewd comments, looks, and gestures up close and in person as well as inappropriate and scary behavior. These creeps can be total strangers or your next door neighbor, teenagers or old farts.

Old 08-07-2013, 08:14 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,030,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Where exactly do you get this number? I agree with most rest of your post though.

And Once women come up with the definition of what "creepy" actualy means, this discussion would have merit. As it stands, its pretty much any action or words spoken by an approaching men, whos is undesireable. Same actions and words by a man approaching that the woman likes is called courtship.
Have you even been reading this thread?

It's got nothing to do with desirability or attractiveness. It's a sense a woman gets in her gut, something about the man's words or actions that is causing her to worry, feel unsafe or in the extreme, fear him.

Old 08-07-2013, 08:22 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Have you even been reading this thread?

It's got nothing to do with desirability or attractiveness. It's a sense a woman gets in her gut, something about the man's words or actions that is causing her to worry, feel unsafe or in the extreme, fear him.
No I havent. So its like womans intuition, not easy to define.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships