Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 12:16 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,809,216 times

Advertisements

He's no boyfriend. He's a sponge. If you stick with this guy another minute, that just makes you dumber than he is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2013, 12:22 PM

76 posts, read 127,638 times
Take it from me girl, stop loaning this guy money. Learn from my mistakes before this gets even more expen$ive for you. Do you think he'll actually ever pay you back any of what you've lent him?

my story:
Telling off a rat bastard that I am now suing

Old 08-07-2013, 01:18 PM

2,289 posts, read 5,771,905 times
He is using you, and, you know it. I would imagine that he is doing more than weed. He has loser written all over him. Move on, you are too young to be wasting your time with him.

Old 08-07-2013, 01:19 PM

16,715 posts, read 19,398,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frany1125 View Post
I really do consider myself a responsible person. At 24 I saved up money to move to NYC and secured a job. In the midst of that I have a boyfriend that is a little older than me (32). So far I have loaned him $600 while living here and that was tough to do especially before I found a job and had to pay for moving expenses. He works as a security at a club but can barely manage to pull his own weight. He has the opportunity to get another part time during the day or full time but whenever we discuss this he says he will do it and when I go over his house I find that he hasn't done anything other than pass out, clean up a little and smoke weed (which he does everyday). I'm making him sound bad already but in the end he's a good guy (sometimes) we have our other issues. Not to mention I feel he's controlling and just not someone I want to be in a relationship with and it's even more of a turn off when I keep loaning him money that I barely have.

I gave him $100 to cover his utility bill that he hasn't even paid for 3 months and I just find that really irresponsible! He's also in a huge amount of debt from speeding tickets and other things and I'm coming to the age where I'm thinking long term. I don't need a rich boyfriend or husband but I do want someone that is fiscally responsible with their money. How we will buy a house or anything if their credit is bad? I'm just thinking long term but it's starting to get to me. I feel at his age he needs to get it together and whenever I try to help him he yells at me saying "I know what I'm doing!" or something else so I'm just on a limb here
Get rid of that scrub! Period.

Old 08-07-2013, 01:37 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,228,361 times
OP, do you have written proof that these were loans? I'd dump his sorry butt then sue him.

Old 08-08-2013, 12:16 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,031,197 times
So wait op, are you giving him money which he wont have to payback, or are you lending him money which he has to pay back in the same value or are you loaning him money which he has ro pay you back in interest?

Old 08-08-2013, 06:56 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,022,525 times
So, lemme get this straight.

You're a young 24 year old female giving money to a 32 YEAR OLD MAN.

Exactly what part of the game is this?

Older men are SUPPOSED to give their YOUNGER GIRLFRIENDS money, dear.

Not the other way around.

Dude is a bum. Get rid of him. He's draining your finances and he's a BUM. A good for nothing. He's 32 and you're taking care of him.

How low is your self-esteem that you need a dude this bad?

Old 08-09-2013, 03:44 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,101,719 times
The hard, fast rule is: Don't loan money to anyone unless you are prepared to lose it.
(And if you don't want to lose it, have them sign a promissory note.)

Old 08-09-2013, 11:11 PM

774 posts, read 1,164,059 times
Stay with him. That way you'll have a 32 year old little boy who is already potty trained. And, as a bonus, you get to skip morning sickness, stretch marks, hormone imbalances, back aches, and all the other good stuff that goes with pregnancy. What you have is a little boy. I think what you are looking for is a man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships