Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 06:53 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillH View Post
For women from age 23-32, do you prefer men just a few years older (less than 5-6 years older to 1-2 years younger, or men from 35 to 50-55 years old?

And which do you prefer for casual relationships, dating and marriage? And how does money, looks, sex drive, maturity and chemistry come into the picture?

Do you prefer an older provider type? A more mature, handsome man? A younger, siller Ashton Kutcher type? Or do you just play it as it goes?

Do you actively try to go places where older men hangout to meet them? Are you an "old" soul?

Thanks for the responses.
I've been told I am an old soul.

I prefer older men, but not OLD men. 30-40 is my range.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2013, 06:57 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,769 times
I'm 27 and won't date anyone over the age of 30. I don't have a complex, don't need a mature man with money to take care of me. I am sufficient so I date 2-3 years younger or 2-3 years older. That's my range and I'm sticking to it.

Old 08-07-2013, 06:58 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
I am 27.

someone in a completely different stage of life. Anyone 50 years old in the same stage of life as me would worry me. Why were they unable to grow up and mature?

Just wondering what is suppose to the required lifestyle as per age.

I mean, at 21 I was attracted to women, wanted sex, liked to cut loose sometimes and go have a few drinks at a bar or club, loved playing guitar, but held a job and was responsible, had hopes and dreams.

In my 30's I was attracted to women, wanted sex, liked to cut loose sometimes and go have a few drinks at a bar or club, loved playing guitar, but held a job and was responsible, had hopes and dreams.

Now at 46 I am attracted to women, want sex, like to cut loose sometimes and go have a few drinks at a bar or club, love playing guitar, and hold a job and am responsible, have hopes and dreams.

The only friggin' thing that has changed about me is I am no longer a size 32 waist now a 36, and my hair is getting grey ( when I don't dye haha), that and I am not as poor as I use to be. Ok ok I can't jump rope for 30 minutes non-stop either but...

So what am I suppose to be now at 46 and in the future in my 50's or 60's giving up life as I want it and playing bingo and dressing like a geezer instead?

Just exactly what is being grown up and mature?

Old 08-07-2013, 07:02 PM

630 posts, read 1,049,002 times
are you an old soul...lol...ummm.

Well it's obvious the type of responses you'd LIKE to see in this thread

I think older rugged or distinguished types have their appeal. However what's worked for me relationship wise is to be with a man only a few years older.

Advantages of men who are a few years older(lets use twenty nine or thirty as an example) as opposed to decades older:

-they and their physiques are hot. VERY few older men look like george clooney or brad pitt
-they usually have finished their education and are either close or are established in their careers
-easier to relate to, similar cultural references
-in several years around the same time the girl is sexually peaking might i add, she won't have to be part girlfriend and part certified nursing assistant
-you can bring them around your friends without being embarrassed that he looks like he could be your father, and without him being embarrassed about hanging out with a group of younger people
-for the most part they aren't yet dealing with sexual impotence

I'm sure there's exceptions but the best sex I've had were with men in their mid to late twenties. They can still go plenty rounds and have enough experience from their earlier years to know what they're doing. Well that excludes the socially awk type that seems to be running rampant here on this forum.

It's endearing you went as high as 35+. You know there are plenty of men a few years younger who have their **** together and are done with their partying days right? And I also don't buy this guarantee that there's less chance he will cheat due to an age gap. Men who get bored enough will cheat. End of story. For every beautiful woman....wait for it....there is a guy whose tired of ****ing her. Anyways I can say all of this because I've dated plenty of men of all different ages ;D

PS I do want to add that I think there's a window of time when an age gap can work out especially if the woman has a certain level of maturity. I do think the difference becomes more apparent as time goes on and for several reasons...starts to suck.

Old 08-07-2013, 07:28 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,202,700 times
A question for women who have posted here. Suppose you were dating a guy you thought was in his early to mid thirties but found out he was 44 what you do?

Old 08-07-2013, 07:35 PM

11,369 posts, read 9,284,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Just wondering what is suppose to the required lifestyle as per age.

I mean, at 21 I was attracted to women, wanted sex, liked to cut loose sometimes and go have a few drinks at a bar or club, loved playing guitar, but held a job and was responsible, had hopes and dreams.

In my 30's I was attracted to women, wanted sex, liked to cut loose sometimes and go have a few drinks at a bar or club, loved playing guitar, but held a job and was responsible, had hopes and dreams.

Now at 46 I am attracted to women, want sex, like to cut loose sometimes and go have a few drinks at a bar or club, love playing guitar, and hold a job and am responsible, have hopes and dreams.

The only friggin' thing that has changed about me is I am no longer a size 32 waist now a 36, and my hair is getting grey ( when I don't dye haha), that and I am not as poor as I use to be. Ok ok I can't jump rope for 30 minutes non-stop either but...

So what am I suppose to be now at 46 and in the future in my 50's or 60's giving up life as I want it and playing bingo and dressing like a geezer instead?

Just exactly what is being grown up and mature?
Take it from experience - you have it partially right. Society expects a man in that age group to do either that (bolded) or settle, take your occasional trip with a person you would rather not be with, stay home and read together and learn to like it.

OR - Get in the correct frame of mind, don't worry about what others think, and have a good time with yourself - alone. It can be done. Go out and do things you like to do and don't worry about what others think. I go out alone quite often. I've been on a run of baseball games and concerts lately. I'm going to a concert tomorrow night and Sunday night. I bought single tickets to both events and I'm really looking forward to them. I may or may not find someone to talk to but I don't expect it. It is a bonus if I do. If not, no big deal.

Reality is even at age 46 the chances of you getting together with a much younger woman is very slim. Near but not totally impossible. The time to try that is now. Reach my age (58) and you can hang it up for good.
I lost 8 prime years that I would love to get back.

As for this thread topic - I don't mean to be rude but it's a ridiculous question. It's common knowledge that a woman is going to "prefer" men in their age range or slightly older, least 95% of them. But maybe when out and about after some accidental interesting converstation and possible chemistry it could happen, just not very likely that it will.

Old 08-07-2013, 07:47 PM

11,369 posts, read 9,284,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
A question for women who have posted here. Suppose you were dating a guy you thought was in his early to mid thirties but found out he was 44 what you do?
Do you really think that there is a woman who goes on a date, especially a second date, and is not going to know the age of the person she is dating?

Old 08-07-2013, 07:56 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,546,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
Do you really think that there is a woman who goes on a date, especially a second date, and is not going to know the age of the person she is dating?

I'm in my 40s, and often mistaken for being in my 30s. if happens more often than you think. Once you connect and can relate to them, "your not like most older guys". I had a 26you recently tell me "I cant believe I can talk to you like my friends". Also long as the vibe is on, your age is generally not a problem. At that point, you've crossed their logical "I wont date older guys" rule.

Old 08-07-2013, 08:08 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post

Reality is even at age 46 the chances of you getting together with a much younger woman is very slim. Near but not totally impossible. The time to try that is now. Reach my age (58) and you can hang it up for good.
I wasn't interacting on the thread regarding that, a man in his 50's or up wanting a 20 something woman will probably have to accept that the situation will be for purposes other than love as in being a sugar daddy or move to the middle east where they arrange marriage.

I was just pointing out the fact that just because you get older that doesn't mean your wants and desires wither and neither does your co *k have to either. Yeah time can change your perspective on some things but if you let it change your core being then that's your fault.

Tony Iommi Tony Iommi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, Eddie Van Halen http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_Van_Halen , Dave Murray from Iron Maiden Dave Murray (musician) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and many others still rock the dream but according to some they should give it up and wear plaid pants up to their belly button and play polka now because of their age.

Old 08-07-2013, 08:11 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
When I was in my 20's, I dated guys anywhere from a couple years younger than me to a guy who was 9 years older than me. The guy who was 9 years older than me was in grad school while I was in undergrad. I dated people who were mostly around my age. I married someone 2 years older than me. I've never been attracted to guys a great deal older than me. I think I would have found it strange to be at the same maturity level at 23 as a guy in his 40's or 50's. Yes, there are some couples that work out just fine with an age gap of 20 or 30 years but they are more the minority than the norm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships