U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-08-2013, 03:39 PM
 
77 posts, read 188,595 times
Reputation: 70

Advertisements

Hi, i'm on a dating site where you can see who's viewed you, add as a favorite or express subtle interest (a wink) or something.

A lot of girls just express that they want a nice relationship- not a superficial player.

What's a good introductory message in OLD (to a woman)?

In real life, i rarely use much more than hey, hi or simple small talk. But i guess hey, doesn't cut it in the online dating world. What's a good way to introduce yourself and engage interest? Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-08-2013, 03:41 PM
 
5,476 posts, read 6,547,351 times
Reputation: 5793
Simple talk is probably the best way to go. Id introduce myself briefly and say that XYZ caught my attention in their profile, along with attractivness shown by the pics. I wouldnt overthink it at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2013, 06:58 PM
 
812 posts, read 731,223 times
Reputation: 1000
I'd tell you mine but then women would think you were me .....
Actually just start with something like - Hi ! I read through your profile and .... or
just use your own words, be sincere and not too blunt or cold sounding
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2013, 07:04 PM
 
18,898 posts, read 24,307,702 times
Reputation: 36174
willing to pay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2013, 07:20 PM
 
105 posts, read 253,743 times
Reputation: 153
I like when a man introduces himself, tells me what about my profile he found interesting, and its always nice if he includes a nice compliment (beautiful, gorgeous, pretty is preferable. Sexy is alright but it gets him the side eye for a little bit)

I always reply to men who approach me in this manner even if it's just to talk. It's those who simply say "hey" or "u r hawt i lyke ur bobz i bet u r gud at sekz" that don't get a reply
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2013, 07:31 PM
 
Location: In chilly Omaha (suburb) NE
1,445 posts, read 2,609,128 times
Reputation: 1757
^^ nothing more to say or act on than this ^^
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2013, 07:42 PM
 
457 posts, read 496,762 times
Reputation: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGunnar View Post
I like when a man introduces himself, tells me what about my profile he found interesting, and its always nice if he includes a nice compliment (beautiful, gorgeous, pretty is preferable. Sexy is alright but it gets him the side eye for a little bit)

I always reply to men who approach me in this manner even if it's just to talk. It's those who simply say "hey" or "u r hawt i lyke ur bobz i bet u r gud at sekz" that don't get a reply
I guess you're more hospitable than most of the women I message. I generally use that blueprint, have messaged around a dozen women or so amongst a few dating sites, and have yet to receive a response, which tells me I must be unattractive or they are not seriously looking for a relationship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2013, 07:50 PM
 
5,121 posts, read 5,709,979 times
Reputation: 5807
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngroh View Post
I guess you're more hospitable than most of the women I message. I generally use that blueprint, have messaged around a dozen women or so amongst a few dating sites, and have yet to receive a response, which tells me I must be unattractive or they are not seriously looking for a relationship.
I think a lot of those profiles are fake or not used. I had the same issue when I messaged men (no response).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Simple talk is probably the best way to go. Id introduce myself briefly and say that XYZ caught my attention in their profile, along with attractivness shown by the pics. I wouldnt overthink it at all.

I like the advice for just casual conversation, the only thing I would add to it is try to ask a question for her to reply to (just in case she's in the same boat you are and doesn't know what to say). Asking a question will give her a way to continue a conversation. So if she says she likes... movies in her profile (for example)... ask her what types of movies she watches or what her favorite movie is and why, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2013, 08:47 PM
 
105 posts, read 253,743 times
Reputation: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngroh View Post
I guess you're more hospitable than most of the women I message. I generally use that blueprint, have messaged around a dozen women or so amongst a few dating sites, and have yet to receive a response, which tells me I must be unattractive or they are not seriously looking for a relationship.

Yes, admittedly I am a nice and considerate person to approach. Anyone who has the guts to talk to me and does so respectfully I will reply back to, but I know that isn't the case with everyone man or woman.

You probably aren't ugly or anything, people on dating sites just feel they have the right to be exceptionally picky because they feel there are thousands of people at their disposal and they can nit pick and chose what they want. That's why most are on there for years and years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2013, 09:04 PM
 
Location: Newport Beach, California
33,730 posts, read 20,946,349 times
Reputation: 13297
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillH View Post
Hi, i'm on a dating site where you can see who's viewed you, add as a favorite or express subtle interest (a wink) or something.

A lot of girls just express that they want a nice relationship- not a superficial player.

What's a good introductory message in OLD (to a woman)?

In real life, i rarely use much more than hey, hi or simple small talk. But i guess hey, doesn't cut it in the online dating world. What's a good way to introduce yourself and engage interest? Thanks!!
I've been on Match.com twice my life. (4 years ago / 8 month ago) I think that dating site is wonderful. You do need to know how to "sell" (for lack of a better word) yourself.

Concentrate on the kind of person you are, instead of what you've accomplished. List your interests, as many as possible. Keep it short and sweet.

DO NOT list any deal breakers, it is an automatic turn off for a lot of people.

Good luck!

p.s. Actually, I've met a lot of interesting folks on plenty of fish as well. I have never looked for a serious relationship online, so there was no pressures. Just concentrating on having a good time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top