Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 08:31 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times

Advertisements

I think I did another thread similar to this one. The other day I met my ex husband and he was just raving over my toenail polish.

WHY?!? Why is he looking at my toenails and why does he even care. Furthermore, why is he complimenting them at all, much less with his gf standing right there?

He bought me flowers on mothers day and gave me a huge hug.

When we were married, we did not celebrate mothers day because I was not his mother. Now I get flowers. He certainly didn't compliment me on anything, and that is for sure.

I find it rather creepy.

When we talk on the phone, he wants to tell me about his day or his week. We are not besties. We are ex spouses!

I am always very civil to him. I do not hate him. I hate some of the things he has done to me, but I cannot hate a person, it is not within me to do that.

I just do not understand him. Does anyone else have this going on?

Some of my family and friends and I have come to the conclusion that he may feel like he still wants to be with me, or wishes we were not apart.

He was so mean to me when we separated and the police were at my door and I was in court so much that I thought for sure that as soon as that one year mark hit, I would have divorce papers on my door but I never did. Not ever.

After 5 years, I finally filed. I never had the money before that. I did it without a lawyer and took care of all the paper work on my own.

Now he just wants to be my best friend. We can be friends, that is fine. We have kids together. We should be civil. Just don't be creepy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2013, 08:45 AM

1,754 posts, read 2,467,611 times
My guess would be the new gf is pushing him into repairing his relationship with you as much as possible for whatever reason. It's coming off creepy because it is not genuine. He's doing it to placate the new gf.

Old 08-11-2013, 08:46 AM

2,495 posts, read 4,356,282 times
Dont even go there with him Pikantari. Now that you are radiating with confidence in spite his effort to break you, mentally...he is acting like a pimply faced,hormone induced teenager. Do not even play into his compliments and please dont take gifts (flowers, cards or even compliments) from him. If he says something complimentary, dont react to it. Its all a test to see if he can somehow creep back into your heart and destroy whatever confidence and happiness, youve found in your current relationship.

Be very cautious... Please!

Old 08-11-2013, 08:49 AM

177 posts, read 532,168 times
Why even bother talking to ex's? It's the blast of the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 08-11-2013, 08:50 AM

2,495 posts, read 4,356,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosela View Post
Why even bother talking to ex's? It's the blast of the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There are children involved so she has to!

Old 08-11-2013, 09:05 AM

410 posts, read 514,953 times
I don't think it's creepy of your ex boyfriend to want to be your best friend. He's showing that he is a mature adult about this matter more than you are.

Old 08-11-2013, 09:07 AM

818 posts, read 916,916 times
My X is like this sometimes. I think she wants to have a shot at getting back with me , but it will never happen... also probably feels guilty for a lot of her past behavior and thinks compliments now will make up for it

Old 08-11-2013, 09:11 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times
If I were in your position, I would assume the worst, which is that he doesn't actually want you but just wants to screw with your mind for kicks because he knows it will bother you. I would assume this just for my own sanity and peace of mind.

Old 08-11-2013, 09:11 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
don't think being nice is considered creepy.

Old 08-11-2013, 09:16 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
don't think being nice is considered creepy.
It's not. It only becomes creepy to women when there is a perceived romantic or sexual Intent from a man the woman doesn't like. And not all women even do that. I don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships