Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 05:24 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,116,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigGuy View Post
You had a 5-yr. relationship with your high school sweetheart. He was a great guy? So why did you two feel the need to have an "open relationship" for the last 2 yrs. of your relationship? Your relationship was good for the first 3, but obviously it turned so sour you two needed to screw other people for the last 2. And you said you met a bunch of great men, huh? But obviously they weren't good enough to get you to stop dating your high school sweetheart. Except for one. And he was a good guy too, right? But there must have been something so wrong between the two of you that you had break off your engagement.

You and JetJockey are touted your way of dating as being the best because it always led to good experiences. But what I'm saying is it didn't always lead to good experiences. With your high school sweetheart, there was something so wrong with him, you had to have an open relationship with a bunch of "good men". There was something so wrong with these "good men" they weren't worth breaking up with your bf for. There was something so wrong with your ex-fiancé, you had to break off your engagement. Your husband, there's something so wrong with him, you still need to be friends with one of those ex-bfs.

Doesn't sound like your way of relationships is successful at all.
It's like we don't even speak the same language.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2013, 05:29 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,580,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
It's like we don't even speak the same language.
Agreed.... I have no idea what he's talking about and he's making WILD assumptions about you and polyamory in general.

Old 08-22-2013, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Agreed.... I have no idea what he's talking about and he's making WILD assumptions about you and polyamory in general.
It's actually giving me quite a chuckle! It's kind of like I said - "Caffeine makes me paranoid - so I've never tried pot because I'm afraid of the effect it will have on me." And he says back, "Then you are obviously a crack wh*re."

Old 08-22-2013, 10:22 PM

543 posts, read 533,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
I didn't say never... I grew out of it mainly though experience and learning that good looks doesn't necessarily mean a good person. We don't live in a Disney movie. I am not some dumbstruck teenager or college kid anymore. How can I know characteristics of a man from his looks? Characteristics that attract me are kindness, a gentleman, masculine and sure of himself with goals and passions (and I mean beyond partying and getting laid). How am I supposed to tell that from a glance? That doesn't make any sense. I've met good looking men who are nice... and good looking men who are jerks who are full of themselves. And I've met men that aren't exactly the best to look at, but are true catches when you get to know them (as well as the same kind of looking men that are full of self pity).

It's cliche, but true. You can't judge a book by it's cover.

Back to your question... signals I send to a man when I am interested. I thought I answered that early on in this thread (but maybe it was another similar to this one). I've never cold approached a guy for a date because I've never been interested in a man I don't know in that fashion. But men I know a little and have met a few times and think I have an attraction to... I approach, I might give him a hug, I smile and touch a lot (hands, shoulders, etc). I compliment him and ask him about his day, week, his hobby, whatever. Trust me... a man with half a brain would know.
That must be nice to have that happen.

Old 08-22-2013, 10:41 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,210,539 times
Quote:
It's actually giving me quite a chuckle! It's kind of like I said - "Caffeine makes me paranoid - so I've never tried pot because I'm afraid of the effect it will have on me." And he says back, "Then you are obviously a crack wh*re."
Actually statistically it's easily possible that any one of us could have a substance abuse problem. I know people on the forum that admit it.

And from what I read lately, instead of a crack *****, you are a pill popper. Abusing prescription drugs is getting too common these days.

Old 08-22-2013, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Actually statistically it's easily possible that any one of us could have a substance abuse problem. I know people on the forum that admit it.

And from what I read lately, instead of a crack *****, you are a pill popper. Abusing prescription drugs is getting too common these days.
Are you being funny? I'm not sure...

My point was that the poster was making up all sorts of bizarre things about me and my relationships based off of my posts - which insinuated nothing of what he was saying.

Oh - and I don't take any prescription drugs at all. I'm pregnant - so the only thing I take are vitamins. But I don't like prescription drugs anyway - even when I'm supposed to. I'm ultra sensitive to the side effects.

Old 08-22-2013, 10:48 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,210,539 times
Quote:
Are you being funny? I'm not sure...

My point was that the poster was making up all sorts of bizarre things about me and my relationships based off of my posts - which insinuated nothing of what he was saying.

Oh - and I don't take any prescription drugs at all. I'm pregnant - so the only thing I take are vitamins. But I don't like prescription drugs anyway - even when I'm supposed to. I'm ultra sensitive to the side effects.
My humor sucks, sorry.

Old 08-22-2013, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
My humor sucks, sorry.
Haha! No - if you meant to be funny - it was! I just never know with you! Plus - the poster I was talking to was just saying the most inane things about me - if you weren't being funny, your post would have fit right in!

Old 08-23-2013, 10:06 PM

3,454 posts, read 4,913,356 times
Look at all the women on here who refuse to do it. My wife and I are married today because she asked me out. Grow some balls (yes, I am still addressing the ladies and I use the term figuratively) and ask a guy out if you're attracted to him. If you wait for him to make the first move, you stand a good chance of losing him.

Old 08-23-2013, 10:30 PM

845 posts, read 1,345,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic_gardener View Post
Look at all the women on here who refuse to do it. My wife and I are married today because she asked me out. Grow some balls (yes, I am still addressing the ladies and I use the term figuratively) and ask a guy out if you're attracted to him. If you wait for him to make the first move, you stand a good chance of losing him.
This will be one thing I'll never understand. Women can tell many many things about a guy before he says one word. Guys are expected to make the first move and take the pretty large chance of getting rejected. Also, guys couldn't tell the difference between a wink or if she has something in her eye.

Ladies, stop the non-sense and just approach the poor guy. No more subtle gestures, grow the balls, take the initiative and ask the guy out.

The non-sense stops here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships