Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 11:37 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times

Advertisements

All the men that are whining about this - your beef should be with all the other men that LIKE and PREFER to pursue women rather than with the women that GET pursued by men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2013, 11:45 AM

89 posts, read 131,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
All the men that are whining about this - your beef should be with all the other men that LIKE and PREFER to pursue women rather than with the women that GET pursued by men.

My "beef" is with the women who think it's the mans job to pursue them, the attitude seems to be basicly that it's a one way street.

Also, I see more women saying that men like to pursue than I see actual men saying they like it. I think for the most part men don't like pursuing and chasing THAT much, but they do it because they have to. Offcourse there are those who do actually enjoy it. But I don't think thats true for the majority of men.

Old 08-16-2013, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funwithknifes View Post
My "beef" is with the women who think it's the mans job to pursue them, the attitude seems to be basicly that it's a one way street.

Also, I see more women saying that men like to pursue than I see actual men saying they like it. I think for the most part men don't like pursuing and chasing THAT much, but they do it because they have to. Offcourse there are those who do actually enjoy it. But I don't think thats true for the majority of men.
That's because the men that like to pursue aren't here complaining about it.

I assure you - the men that hit on me in front of my mother, in front of my father, when they passed me in a parking garage, when I was working, etc. - did NOT hit on me because they felt they had to. Many men simply go after what they want. There's nothing wrong with not being cut from the same cloth as them but, for the love of Pete, stop blaming women. It doesn't get you anywhere. Fine, you don't feel like taking the initiative - some women are okay with that. But I don't know any women that like men with a victim mentality or men that put all the blame on women.

Old 08-16-2013, 12:21 PM

Quote:
That's because the men that like to pursue aren't here complaining about it.

I assure you - the men that hit on me in front of my mother, in front of my father, when they passed me in a parking garage, when I was working, etc. - did NOT hit on me because they felt they had to. Many men simply go after what they want. There's nothing wrong with not being cut from the same cloth as them but, for the love of Pete, stop blaming women. It doesn't get you anywhere. Fine, you don't feel like taking the initiative - some women are okay with that. But I don't know any women that like men with a victim mentality or men that put all the blame on women.
In what way am I blaming women? And where did I say I don't feel like taking the initiative?(I do occasionally)

I simply said I don't like it when women say it's the mans "job" to pursue.

Old 08-16-2013, 12:23 PM

Quote:
In what way am I blaming women? And where did I say I don't feel like taking the initiative?(I do occasionally)

I simply said I don't like it when women say it's the mans "job" to pursue.
Why not? Some women feel that way. Some men feel like it's their job to pursue, too.

Old 08-16-2013, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Why not? Some women feel that way. Some men feel like it's their job to pursue, too.
Sure. I'd go as far as to say most women feel that way. Relationships are a one way street.

Old 08-16-2013, 12:34 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,144,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragazza2011 View Post
No! It's the man's job to pursue the woman.
Is it the woman's job to cook, clean, and watch the kids?

Old 08-16-2013, 12:35 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,144,476 times
Quote:

Old 08-16-2013, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Sure. I'd go as far as to say most women feel that way. Relationships are a one way street.
Anyone who has been in a relationship knows that relationships are not one way streets. When you say things like that - it just kind of makes me think that you've never been in a relationship.

Old 08-16-2013, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Is it the woman's job to cook, clean, and watch the kids?
Some women do feel that way. Do you have a problem with that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
That's just BS. Many men hit on women because they want to - not because they feel they have to. Like I said before - the men that hit on me in front of my parents, at my place of work, because of seeing me across the street, etc. - did not feel like they had to hit on me. They WANTED to hit on me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships