Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 11:19 AM

31,002 posts, read 22,045,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
A booty call is something that happens at the end of the night when you're both drunk and call to meet up for sex.
^^^^ Yep

If he was dating you and taking you out for dinner and other activities that is "Not" a booty call. When all you is get is closing time calls for sex "That is" a booty call.

Your guy friend who said this was a "Booty call" would think a married couple having sex is FWB.

Last edited by LS Jaun; 08-12-2013 at 11:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2013, 11:31 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,212,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
You're doing it wrong.
No, I'm not.

Old 08-12-2013, 11:32 AM

3,218 posts, read 2,807,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
^^^^ Yep

If he was dating you and taking you out for dinner and other activities that is "Not" a booty call. When all you is get closing time calls for sex "That is" a booty call.

Your guy friend who said this was a "Booty call" would think a married couple having sex is FWB.

Yea now that I think about it, he's actually labeled most of my relationships as booty calls at one point or another, see the thing is he's my closest guy friend so when I start dating someone knew I try to get advice from him, and sometimes I think he gives me sound advice but sometimes I think he jumps to conclusions or just assumes every guy thinks the way he does (he's a commitment phobe). He's been divorced for 15 years and has not had a serious girlfriend since, but lots of booty calls!

Old 08-12-2013, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
I always thought a booty call was just calling a girl with the explicit purpose of getting sex. Those were dates, although dates don't have to end with sex.

Yea mabye he meant FWB, but isn't dating really a FWB thing until you make it official anyway?

Old 08-12-2013, 11:35 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,212,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
Yea mabye he meant FWB, but isn't dating really a FWB thing until you make it official anyway?
No.

Old 08-12-2013, 11:35 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,412,091 times
Quote:
I was seeing a guy a while ago and once we started sleeping together, we would have sex on all our dates, I mean that wasn't the only thing we did, we'd go out to dinner or what not and then afterwards have sex, we were in contact everyday also. So I always thought it was pretty normal when you start seeing/dating someone and having sex with them, that you would have sex with them everytime you see them (if circumstances allow) especially in the begging. However, I was talking to one of my guy friends the other day, and this somehow came up and he said "oh come on that's a booty call", but I really wasn't under the impression that, that's what it was.

I am no longer with this guy, so it really doesn't matter since its in the past, just wanted to get some opinions for future reference.
Usually, you're either a:

a. good for now girl (booty call falls under here)
b. marriage potential girl
c. straight booty call girl (meaning, aka outward agreement of a "f@ck buddy" type ordeal).

When you're a b.) option girl, the guy goes above and beyond and shows you he's serious. He mentions about his friends, he remembers the names of important people in your life; your dates consist of "planning." A guy who's serious really wants you to know he's serious so he doesn't lose you. He commits, keeps his promises, and meets you at a level where he REALLY sets the bar. He wants to, and is more than happy to oblige.

If he's nonchalant, chances are, he's probably not got great social skills and/or also really not that serious about the relationship, passively interested, and catering to his own convenience, needs, wants, etc. etc. He makes it ALL about himself, and is subtle or very clear (depends on his personality and what's suitable for the time being, how many options he has which he won't be upfront and share with you for obvious reasons ex- "we're really just friends").

All you need to know about the telltale signs is the level of quality conversations you have, his level of attentiveness and attuning to how you feel.

Because a guy's either gaming you or he's not (and if he's on the fence, he's still in a way playing ya if he feels he settles).

Last edited by kat949; 08-12-2013 at 11:43 AM..

Old 08-12-2013, 11:40 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,374,380 times
Sounds like you guys were somewhat dating, though maybe not exclusively.

If he was taking you to dinner and introducing you to his friends you were more than just a booty call.

For me a booty call is just sex. Minimal hanging out otherwise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Old 08-12-2013, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
Sounds like you guys were somewhat dating, though maybe not exclusively.

If he was taking you to dinner and introducing you to his friends you were more than just a booty call.

For me a booty call is just sex. Minimal hanging out otherwise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Well the introducing me happened becuase we bumped into some of his friends when we were out. And then I met his business partner one night, because he too me to the lounge he works at.

Old 08-12-2013, 11:48 AM

31,002 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat949 View Post
Usually, you're either a:

a. good for now girl (booty call falls under here)
b. marriage potential girl
c. straight booty call girl (meaning, aka outward agreement of a "f@ck buddy" type ordeal).
Where does regular Girlfriend/Boyfriend fall?

Old 08-12-2013, 11:50 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,717,447 times
Quote:
I was seeing a guy a while ago and once we started sleeping together, we would have sex on all our dates, I mean that wasn't the only thing we did, we'd go out to dinner or what not and then afterwards have sex, we were in contact everyday also. So I always thought it was pretty normal when you start seeing/dating someone and having sex with them, that you would have sex with them everytime you see them (if circumstances allow) especially in the begging. However, I was talking to one of my guy friends the other day, and this somehow came up and he said "oh come on that's a booty call", but I really wasn't under the impression that, that's what it was.

I am no longer with this guy, so it really doesn't matter since its in the past, just wanted to get some opinions for future reference.
He was jealous and perhaps something of a limp dick if he thinks Enjoyment = f(Amt of Sex*Amt of Love) is a constant, such that you have to give up a "unit" of sex to gain a unit of love! If you and your ex had sex often that means he liked having sex a lot with you and, hopefully, you did too. But it's not an either/or zero-sum proposition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships