Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 02:30 AM

207 posts, read 353,556 times

Advertisements

Why do you care? She doesn't want you in her life anymore! You will annoy and aggravate her by trying to be nice and talk to her. She is not a friend.

Get busy, fill your life up with other stuff. Cut her out of your mind and heart. Don't pay attention to her at work or try to talk to her. Basically pretend she is just another coworker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2013, 07:03 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,168,663 times
hey bro... this is why you don't DATE co workers

Old 08-15-2013, 07:22 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,970,347 times
Get over her. You're following her around like a little puppy and it's probably pissing her off, so she's doing this to make you feel uncomfortable in the hopes that you'll stop trying to talk to her.

Old 08-15-2013, 07:28 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,097,072 times
If she's an ex, then why do you care?

Old 08-15-2013, 07:30 AM

15,704 posts, read 9,412,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 350man View Post
Does anyone have any insight? Since we work together I'm just trying to get along, but she's making it awkward now and hard to do that. I thought we were fine. If anything I should be the one who's mad or bitter since I got dumped.
I don't see what the problem is. You guys are no longer a couple. Move on. Forget about her. Don't contact her. If you pass her in the hall or what have you, nod and say hello if you feel like it. If she doesn't respond in kind, who cares? But the biggest part of this is -- Move on!

Old 08-15-2013, 09:08 AM

2,427 posts, read 3,970,393 times
+1 for ignore her. time to get back in the saddle with someone else

Old 08-15-2013, 09:54 AM

83 posts, read 97,294 times
The drama of dating a co-worker.

I've experienced it myself (married and divorced one) and witnessed countless others do it. Bottom line, don't do it.

The best story I remember had to do with a couple who were both in lousy marriages at a company I used to work for. They start flirting, one things leads to another, and they both end up divorcing their spouses. They begin dating, and go through several breakups in the process. At one point, the woman was on Match.com and screwing multiple guys to make the guy jealous. Well, he flips out, and they begin dating again and to secure her, he proposes to her. Now, they are married. I watched the whole thing unfold and I'm just shaking my head.

I think some people who date their co-workers are a little blind to the world outside of work. I mean, there are thousands of people outside of your office that you might be a better fit for you, and you don't have to deal with the office gossip, favoritism, possible termination, and ugly breakups in which the ex is still around you.

Relationships are difficult as they are, and you don't need a third factor - an entire company - watching over your shoulder.

Old 10-11-2013, 08:37 AM

1,102 posts, read 1,346,457 times
Some women just want attention. Even though she dumped you, you still were talking to her and laying your cards out that you were still interested.

Now that you're not showering her with your feelings, the dynamic has shifted. She's trying to get you to pay attention to her again even though she doesn't want you.

Stop caring. Be cordial when you see her. That's it. Find a new girl. If you turn it around and blatantly don't care, in a few months she will probably even start contacting / pursuing you. I've seen it time and time again. It'll be up to you if you want the drama of inter work ex sex, but never get back with her

Old 10-11-2013, 12:30 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,874,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
NEVER take romance into the office for any reason under any circumstance because you are going through what happens when things don't work out.
The best thing to do in my opinion is to tend to your business at work in a professional manner and do not engage her in any way when you see her in the hall.
Unless you are married and need a job?

What??

It's called thread blending! Lol!

Old 10-11-2013, 12:42 PM

537 posts, read 1,233,821 times
Sometimes, the best way for a person to deal with a break up is by being really mad at the person they broke up with even though there is nothing to be mad about.

It's probably best to move on and stop making attempts to talk to her. You might mean it as friendly, but I think she's just trying to move on as well. If you guys were together for a while, it takes a lot longer to move on.

Just leave her alone and move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships