Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 05:26 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,696,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Hey, why do you have a problem with cheap furniture?

I have an 8 foot long table that sits and collects dust most of the time.

However, occasionally it gets taken out and gets covered with *gasp* grimy plastic patio tablecloth! And on top of it are paper plates with the best damn grilled meats and grilled and buttered corn-on-the-cob you will ever have.
An 8' long table isn't a coffee table. Send me an invitation next time you load it up - I love a good BBQ (smoked brisket's my specialty)!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2013, 06:11 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I am with you. I don't bother with any of those messages like hello, hi beautiful, what up, and any other 2-5 word reply (unless of course it is relevant to my profile).

It really means they have no confidence and want to see if you find them attractive

Old 08-20-2013, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
An 8' long table isn't a coffee table. Send me an invitation next time you load it up - I love a good BBQ (smoked brisket's my specialty)!

You love what???

Old 08-20-2013, 06:14 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,226,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
You love what???
Barbeque. It's a special way of preparing delicious meat.

Old 08-20-2013, 06:27 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,696,895 times
Quote:
Barbeque. It's a special way of preparing delicious meat.
The last couple of years at my restaurant we did an outside BBQ dinner one night a week which was a great success. Pretty simple with ribs and chicken, plenty of good sides - but the all-around favorite was the brisket which I did up in the smoker and then slathered with my own home-made BBQ sauce. Cooked them for hours and they were just the best, melt in the mouth delicious hunks of beef I've ever enjoyed. Ah, off topic, sorry, but you brought it up and my mouth's watering already! Time to plan a dinner party!

Old 08-20-2013, 09:33 PM

2,319 posts, read 2,558,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Sorry, IMO that is a ridiculous judgement to make from one line. When I was doing online dating,. I learned I was wrong about premature assumptions many times. So I changed my attitude and dated with the mindset that couldn't hurt to just meet someone close by for a short meet, because you never know. In my early online days, my now-bf of 3 years probably wouldn't have gotten past the ridiculous filters I had up then. Just something to think about.
But if he got past his ridiculous filters that might mean he would actually have to MEET someone in REAL life and deal with actually interacting with them, at which point he would be uncovered as a juvenile, silly and shallow boy who has no earthly idea of how to actually engage in an adult relationship -- he'd rather text, email, chat on the phone and use those vehicles to again find something wrong -- offensive, uninteresting, whatever -- with those people before he actually has to put himself on the line.

Old 08-20-2013, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
But if he got past his ridiculous filters that might mean he would actually have to MEET someone in REAL life and deal with actually interacting with them, at which point he would be uncovered as a juvenile, silly and shallow boy who has no earthly idea of how to actually engage in an adult relationship -- he'd rather text, email, chat on the phone and use those vehicles to again find something wrong -- offensive, uninteresting, whatever -- with those people before he actually has to put himself on the line.

i don't text

Old 08-20-2013, 10:06 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,226,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
i don't text
Is that your only defense?

Old 08-20-2013, 10:08 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Is that your only defense?
And he misses lava life.

Old 08-20-2013, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
And he misses lava life.

Oh yes, the 1999-2003 Lava Life was POPPING LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships