Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 01:10 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,226,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
He sounds like a stand up guy. Sarcasm.

That is a cruel mental game he's playing. He's putting the wife and kids through hell for money.
So its ok for a woman to marry a guy, have kids with him then stop having sex divorce and treat the guy like an atm?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2013, 01:10 PM

1,751 posts, read 3,686,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat247 View Post
I'm friends with a married couple who hate each other. They haven't had sex in three years, he asked for a divorce around Christmas; she cried, caved. She can't stand him either but she knows where her bread is buttered and lives a pretty good life. He gave her a time limit to get a job she now has a part time job.

The kids are in 8 th grade and aside from little side jobs she hasn't done much out of the house.

He has flat out said he hates her and in 5 years, he doesn't care he's getting a divorce. In 5 years she'll be 50 and he'll be 53.

Btw the kids are HUGELY affected but cry every time they fight because they don't want them to divorce.

Is he doing an injustices to her knowing he going to leave? I would think so.

Thoughts??
Whoa, whoa, whoa...who's doing who the injustice? You said she knows here her bread is buttered...so she is planning to milk this family thing as long as she can?

They deserve each other. They are staying together for 5 more years for the sake of the kids? So the kids can be tortured for 5 more years? So they can learn from these role models for healthy marriage????

They won't last 5 years at this pace.

Old 08-17-2013, 01:12 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
Then I hope the guy leaves the country, people need to learn that they cant treat men like atm machines.
I'll be 44 this month... I'm a lot older than you and I can honestly can only think of 1 or 2 situations my whole life where a woman was "using" a man for his money...

I don't know where all these guys in the early 20's are getting this shyt and to be honest most guys in their 20's don't have crap... so what the hell are they so friggin worried about anyways....

Afraid some woman is gonna take their crappy Ikea furniture?????

Old 08-17-2013, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Honestly, no amount of money is worth losing 5 years of my life in a loveless situation. The husband is not looking at the full picture. He needs to grow a set, be honest with everyone involved, file and put all involved out of their misery so everyone can heal.
Unless he makes ALOT of money and he knows the courts are going to see him as a giant atm machine where he will be living in a cracker jack box while his ex lives it up with huge child support amounts and a new bf she has sex with every day on his dime. This is the story of a lot of guys lives, we are seeing a significant uptick in expatriations every single year.

Old 08-17-2013, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'll be 44 this month... I'm a lot older than you and I can honestly can only think of 1 or 2 situations my whole life where a woman was "using" a man for his money...

I don't know where all these guys in the early 20's are getting this shyt and to be honest most guys in their 20's don't have crap... so what the hell are they so friggin worried about anyways....

Not all of us are working at wal mart, I have a 6 figure job and had my professional engineering license before I was 30, I have to be VERY careful of these sorts of situations and I am mentally prepared to leave if something like this were to happen.

I see women who did not have sex with their husbands get divorced and find a new bf a week later and have sex with him every day and live off the guys child support while he lived in a cracker jack box. The child support amounts were way beyond what the kid needed because the guy made a lot of money.

If your a hillbilly hick working at wal mart then of course this does not apply.

Old 08-17-2013, 01:17 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat247 View Post
She doesn't know he's planning on filing in 5 years he's basically buying his time to not pay CS I guess. But, all the long she's doing what he asked thinking all is well but in the end will be served with the divorce. Idk I think he's leading her on this false type security. They still don't have sex and BOTH are at fault for their issues. He refuses to go to counseling because he knows he's going to leave. That's why I'm asking, is this an injustice to her??
This right here makes me wonder if perhaps you are getting most of the story from him and not her. If so, please remember that it will be biased or made up and most especially if he likes you ( even if he hasn't admitted that to you).

Old 08-17-2013, 01:22 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Men and women do this all the time, stay together for the sake of the kids. I don't think its necessarily pure selfishness. There is no reason two people, even in a loveless marriage can't at least be adults, and put away fights for the sake of the kids, to try and have a relatively happy home life. The reason for the fights is that each wants control, and doesn't trust the other. That's too bad, but it isn't like they are the only kids to grow up with parents who hate each other. Having a father in the house in the teens is a big plus and might make it less likely that the kids will get into trouble. Our culture's popular press has almost convinced people that a father in the home is almost useless, but the statistics show that children that grow up without a father in the home have a lot more social problems, crime, drugs etc.

This can be true if the father is not a criminal, drug dealer, drug user, alcoholic, violent child abuser and wife beater.

Old 08-17-2013, 01:23 PM

45,334 posts, read 60,500,026 times
I guess your friend doesn't want to make a hasty decision.

Old 08-17-2013, 01:23 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,195,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
Then I hope the guy leaves the country, people need to learn that they cant treat men like atm machines.
Survey said: ENNNNH!

Supporting his kids is not being an ATM machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

Really! "You can't take my $38K a year! You goldigger! And LEAVE MY FUTON ALONE!"

Old 08-17-2013, 01:26 PM

61,649 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
"The kids are in 8 th grade and aside from little side jobs she hasn't done much out of the house."

She's no innocent cupcake either.

She uses him as well.

They're both guilty imo.
Huh???
I don't know how many kids they have, but even raising two kids and tending to household is a piece of work (and we don't know her husband demands and expectations). So, please don't say that she didn't put her share (even if not monetary) into the house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships