Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 12:20 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,814,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
The easiest solution is for the husband to treat the stay home wife nicer. Everything else is more difficult/more of a hassle. Of course the wife should treat the husband nice too.
Never take a woman for granted - if you do - you will live to regret it. Be kind- help out...a woman is not a servant nor is a man- you must serve each other. Family life is a wonderful experience and gift- cherish it - it does not last forever.

Old 08-18-2013, 12:24 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Never take a woman for granted - if you do - you will live to regret it. Be kind- help out...a woman is not a servant nor is a man- you must serve each other. Family life is a wonderful experience and gift- cherish it - it does not last forever.
Totally agree. Totally! I am saddened when I see people who don't realize this. One day they will wake up and it will be over.

Old 08-18-2013, 12:25 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,994,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
It is sad that taking care of and managing a home is seen as bad.
I don't think it's seen as bad, per se. If someone is more career minded that's what's going to make them happy.

If I ever had a kid, I would want to stay home for a few years and then go back to work as well. Kids won't stay kids forever so I think most people need something else to do when that is no longer necessary.

Old 08-18-2013, 12:27 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
I wouldn't mind a stay@home wife. BUT in the OP case (with multiple children) she'd have to pay me rent and drama fees. And she better be super hot, lol

Old 08-18-2013, 12:49 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,374,380 times
The stay at home thing isn't a huge issue, but IMO the kids will be. Most men don't want to raise someone else's kids AND foot all the bills.

My gf stays at home and I pay all the bills. I have no issue with it as she takes care of everything I could imagine without a complaint.

She would have zero issue working and she has the majority of our relationship, with out current location its just not as feasible. My last job she worked 30 hrs a week and I worked 50. I took home exactly 10x what she did. It's often just more practical for me to pay everything, and her to take care of the stuff around the house. That way when I'm not working we have more free time to do stuff we enjoy. It's nice spending saturdays at the pool instead of doing laundry or getting groceries.

The way you come off it is off, though. You seem like you don't want to move on until you find someone else.

A good friend once said "stay away from women who are like monkeys. They dont let go of one branch until they have a firm grasp on another." He was referring to relationships. There is sooo much truth in that statement. You don't want to be with someone who cant also be happy being alone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Old 08-18-2013, 02:18 PM

1,098 posts, read 1,865,528 times
An old acquaintance who's pretty much beta-fied by all his female family members married one of these. And rather than be grateful, she nags at him for making even the tiniest mistake. Sold his possessions, yet never has money to do anything because it goes to her and the kids, now has to hold two jobs to support them. He tried to leave and people actually talked him out of it. I somehow doubt he is even getting any from this arrangement either.

Oh, but at least people don't look down on him for being single anymore...

Old 08-18-2013, 02:27 PM

340 posts, read 523,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spirit led View Post
I am unhappily married with children. I have been a stay at home mom/ housewife most of our marriage aside from the past 6 years of running a business with my husband. We have been to 2 different marriage counselors in the last year to no avail.
I want a divorce but would like to resume being a housewife. Are there any men interested in a stay at home wife? (that would treat her well and not as their property?)
I'm a homemaker/housewife/mom, too, and though my husband appreciates and respects me completely, I firmly believe good old-fashioned men don't exist anymore, and those that do are few and far between.

Old 08-18-2013, 02:29 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,249,853 times
Its difficult enough to date being a single mom w/children; even harder to find a man to take in a woman to be a stay at home wife with some other mans kids.

OP, I suggest you work harder in saving your marriage.

Old 08-18-2013, 02:30 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
What's so great about being a housewife? I really want to know.
My mom was a housewife for most of my childhood...held a professional job outside the home before I was born, stayed home until my youngest sibling was middle school aged, and went back to work outside the home. She has always and forever contended that raising her kids full-time and taking care of the house and home (which included, beyond childcare and cooking, most of the physical upkeep, tending a large truck garden, running the household finances as well as the finances of the small general carpentry business my dad ran, and for which she was the unpaid bookkeeper) was far more personally meaningful to her than any job she's held outside of the home. She works outside the home because it's necessary, not because she happens to find it personally fulfilling. She always found being a SAHM more fulfilling, and was happiest when she was doing that.

As for me, I'm of a more "fulfilled by my work" mentality than my mom is...to her, it's a paycheck, and something that takes time away from her gardening, spending time with kids and grandchildren, cooking big home-cooked meals to sit down to nightly...all things she misses. I got engaged recently and I'm in a position where I may end up moving, short-term (1-3 year segments) as a military spouse...so suddenly, I'm looking at a future where I may quit my job, and not necessarily work right away, and even then, not necessarily in my field, depending on what's available wherever we go. My fiance is jokingly referring to me as a "kept woman," but I know I'll have to find at least volunteer work, wherever we go.

Old 08-18-2013, 02:31 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,734,422 times
Mooching off your new husband is disgusting. Why any guy would want that is beyond me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships