Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 10:33 AM

4 posts, read 9,947 times

Advertisements

I am unhappily married with children. I have been a stay at home mom/ housewife most of our marriage aside from the past 6 years of running a business with my husband. We have been to 2 different marriage counselors in the last year to no avail.
I want a divorce but would like to resume being a housewife. Are there any men interested in a stay at home wife? (that would treat her well and not as their property?)

Old 08-18-2013, 10:36 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
So you won't get a divorce and continue to voluntarily live in misery until you have a new husband lined up who will make sure that you can be a housewife?

Why not quit running the business with your husband or cut back your hours to part time and try another marriage counselor. Sometimes it takes a few counselors before you find the right one. Or is it that you just don't want to be married to this man and want a new shiny pretty husband?

Old 08-18-2013, 10:37 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Did you mean to place this in the personal ad section? You sound like you are trying to auction yourself off to the highest bidder.

Old 08-18-2013, 10:38 AM

1,355 posts, read 2,545,973 times
i'm sure, raising kids is important. and not all guys want a career driven woman, for whatever reason.

i think most guys discriminate on looks and personality more than career status/profession.

Old 08-18-2013, 10:44 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,791,580 times
Sure, I want to marry a woman and raise someone else's children on one income and never be able to save for retirement. Where do I sign up? OK, seriously, if you are getting a divorce, you need to re-establish a career or business to meet someone new. Most men aren't going to want you to be a housewife so they can raise another man's children without any income contribution from you.

Old 08-18-2013, 11:00 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
What's so great about being a housewife? I really want to know.

Old 08-18-2013, 11:19 AM

4,098 posts, read 7,106,149 times
There is really nothing wrong with being married to a stay at home housewife, as long as she is happy. Once she is no longer happy (like you are now) she is a huge liability. Who would want to pay the neighbor across the street, or across town, a monthly payment, when that neighbor did nothing to enhance your life? That essentially is what you are doing when you pay alimony, you are paying a monthly income to someone who doesn't think they should have to support themselves. Anytime you get a divorce from a stay at home Mom, you are going to be required to pay alimony to her. Is it fair? It's fair to help her get on her feet, but what if she doesn't want to work and support herself? In this day and age when a man gets married he is agreeing to support another human being, no matter what. He is agreeing to give up half of his worth as soon as he cuts the wedding cake. My ex wife was a stay at home Mom, but she was too lazy to prepare meals and keep a clean house, her most outstanding ability was to talk on the telephone to her friends.

My advice to the OP is put a smile on your face and overcome the difficulties in your marriage. Your husband may not be perfect, but my guess is that you aren't either. At least he has a job and it takes some intelligence to run a business now days. If you can't work together, get a part time job somewhere. You have no guarantee a new husband will be any better than this one, and many times, your life is what you make it. Try a bit harder.

Old 08-18-2013, 11:23 AM

102,203 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
So you won't get a divorce and continue to voluntarily live in misery until you have a new husband lined up who will make sure that you can be a housewife?

Why not quit running the business with your husband or cut back your hours to part time and try another marriage counselor. Sometimes it takes a few counselors before you find the right one. Or is it that you just don't want to be married to this man and want a new shiny pretty husband?
This is a great point that wasn't addressed on the "Hawaii" thread. Finding a good counselor can take time, and trial and error. But both sides need to go into the process with all sincerity. It's like the old joke, "How many psychiatrists does it take to change a lightbulb? ---Only one. But the lightbulb has to WANT to change!"

Old 08-18-2013, 11:27 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,199,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spirit led View Post
I am unhappily married with children. I have been a stay at home mom/ housewife most of our marriage aside from the past 6 years of running a business with my husband. We have been to 2 different marriage counselors in the last year to no avail.
I want a divorce but would like to resume being a housewife. Are there any men interested in a stay at home wife? (that would treat her well and not as their property?)
So basically, you're looking for a new man to provide room and board to you and your children.

How about you take one step at a time? Get divorced, live on your own, heal from the hurt of the divorce, work on helping your children accept it and get over their own hurts, establish yourself, and then look for love, not a wallet and a house.

Because right now? You sound like a glorified mooch.

Old 08-18-2013, 11:32 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,268,787 times
After I had my son I decided I wanted to stay at home with him until he was going to nursery, I didn't want to leave him to go to work and have someone else raise him while I was gone. I've had the privilege and I loved it. Now he's almost 3 and I'm bored stiff!! I hate being at home all the time, he starts nursery in October and I start university in September. I'm only 25 I need to do some productive with my life and also set a good example for my son not stay at home to cook and clean, that would honestly slowly kill me. Not to mention the fact you depend on a man to live as you have no money! Why would any woman want that?

Independence is the only way for me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships