Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 11:43 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,341,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
Nah... I have told it to some friends of mine here, and they liked it.

Its awesome!
Well, people do like a good laugh.

Old 08-20-2013, 11:45 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,987,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
Maybe where you're from the men have no problem with drunken women throwing themselves at any guy. We used to hang out at the bars every weekend and we would see men snickering at women who did this. I saw it myself--the barfly and lots of decent guys don't like it.
Where I live, if you're a drunk woman in a bar, and you're alone or with only a couple friends, you'll get men asking to take you home left and right, and if she approaches any guy, no one will make fun of her, but there aren't many men who won't take her home knowing that she's 3 sheets to the wind.

Men here don't care, and most will prey on drunk women, especially if they know they are going to get laid.

Old 08-20-2013, 11:45 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,341,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Are young men really this dense?
Apparently so.

Here's my shoulder.

Old 08-20-2013, 11:46 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,799,884 times
Here's an interesting study done on casual sex and the differences between men and women.

The Most Attractive Women Have the Least Casual Sex * Hooking Up Smart

The article is the watered down version, if you want to read the whole study, it can be found here:

An Error Occurred Setting Your User Cookie

Basically, here are the findings. It's not quite on topic with this thread, but it's somewhat related.

Quote:

Women

1. For women, the number of sexual partners decreases with increasing physical attractiveness.
2. Very physically attractive women are more likely to form exclusive relationships than to form purely sexual relationships.
3. Attractive women are less likely to have sexual intercourse within the first week of meeting a partner.
4. Underweight and normal-weight women are more likely to report romantic experience.
5. Overweight women report approximately 10% more partners than normal-weight women whereas obese women report approximately 10% fewer partners.
6. For women the effect of being underweight on within-relationship outcomes resembles the effect of being very physically attractive.
(This suggests that the factors influencing romantic and sexual desirability are at least in part socially structured because underweight women are less fertile so the evolutionary perspective predicts that they would be less able to obtain desired outcomes.)
These results are consistent with the social structural model that posits that women’s romantic and sexual goals are shaped by the double standard of sexuality.
Men

1. For men, the number of sexual partners increases with increasing physical attractiveness.
This suggests that men seek a greater number of sexual partners than women: Physically attractive men do better in the resulting competition for sexual access.
2. For men, being very physically attractive increases the chance of reporting purely sexual relationships (versus exclusive relationships).
3. Being physically attractive also increases the chance of having sexual intercourse in the first week of acquaintance.
4. Normal-weight men report the most partners.
5. Underweight men are predicted to report 17% fewer partners, and obese men are predicted to report 27% fewer partners.
These results are consistent with an evolutionary model in that partnerships characterized as “only having sex” and partnerships in which sexual intercourse occurs after a brief period of acquaintance are indicative of a female short-term mating strategy.

Old 08-20-2013, 11:46 AM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Apparently so.

Here's my shoulder.
Now there's a gentleman!

Old 08-20-2013, 11:50 AM

8,781 posts, read 9,445,955 times
we dont need a study to understand its because they have a vagina

Old 08-20-2013, 12:10 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,228,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Where I live, if you're a drunk woman in a bar, and you're alone or with only a couple friends, you'll get men asking to take you home left and right, and if she approaches any guy, no one will make fun of her, but there aren't many men who won't take her home knowing that she's 3 sheets to the wind.

Men here don't care, and most will prey on drunk women, especially if they know they are going to get laid.

Exactly. I think that has to do with location. Not saying there aren't guys like that here in NYC but the bars and clubs we went to, the men almost always turned women like that away.

Old 08-20-2013, 12:20 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,225,995 times
I have never once been overtly hit on by a woman ever, in the store, at work, out and about, never. Nor have had casual sex a handful of times my entire life so I dont think this stuff is happening for guys as much as women think. Maybe the REALLY hot guys but its not the norm for most men. Its why some men get into relationships so that they have regular sex.

Old 08-20-2013, 12:55 PM

44,346 posts, read 20,044,222 times
Not only is this thread not about relationships, it can't seem to stay on topic. Consequently, it's closed.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships