U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-20-2013, 03:46 PM

1,356 posts, read 857,503 times

Advertisements

Just did a quick read of this article. It still sounds slightly one-sided, like she's always right. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for admitting one's errors, but not sure a guy's gotta tame his testicles to keep his marriage.

why is the guy always expected to change? or is my perception wrong?

Beautiful Advice From A Divorced Man After 16 Years Of Marriage - Ned Hardy | Ned Hardy
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2013, 03:57 PM

21,266 posts, read 19,316,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiddin View Post
Just did a quick read of this article. It still sounds slightly one-sided, like she's always right. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for admitting one's errors, but not sure a guy's gotta tame his testicles to keep his marriage.

Beautiful Advice From A Divorced Man After 16 Years Of Marriage - Ned Hardy | Ned Hardy
I thought some of these were good advice and a few really resonated with me, but the list was too long and became a sermon. I did think it sounded too worshipful near the end so I quit reading.

Old 08-20-2013, 04:02 PM

10,038 posts, read 4,464,026 times
Pretty much all of the things in that link can address women, too. I don't see where any of it needs to be gender-specific, but that some men need to hear it from other men.

Old 08-20-2013, 04:07 PM

thanks, i agree with both of you.

Old 08-20-2013, 04:10 PM

3,508 posts, read 1,727,144 times
erm...i dont take that away from this at all. its just a mans perspective on his experience for others to read in to if they choose to. i would assume his ex wife would have much of the same advice is she was to put thoughts to paper.

you cant seriously expect him to offer females advice can you?

Quote:
Commit to being an EPIC LOVER
i told my wife i was going to do this. she choked on her water then told me to "epic love" her later, she was busy right now

Old 08-20-2013, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
Is this a rhetorical question or sarcasm?

i would think the insights of divorced men on marriage could be beneficial to women. or are you suggesting their opinions carry little if any weight as far as women are concerned because, after all, he is divorced?

Old 08-20-2013, 04:17 PM

5,193 posts, read 2,616,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Pretty much all of the things in that link can address women, too. I don't see where any of it needs to be gender-specific, but that some men need to hear it from other men.
^^^This. It definitely applies to both genders. I agreed with most but not all of it.

I particularly liked the points that refer to personal accountability, and also a big point that a woman doesn't need you to fix things for her, she wants to be heard.

There are some who will look at this list and think that it's too much effort. Mostly, you get out of marriage what you put into it.

Old 08-20-2013, 04:18 PM

16,489 posts, read 8,929,703 times
Quote:
Is this a rhetorical question or sarcasm?

i would think the insights of divorced men on marriage could be beneficial to women. or are you suggesting their opinions carry little if any weight as far as women are concerned because, after all, he is divorced?
I'm pretty sure he was saying that, since the writer of the article is a man, he is offering advice to men from a man's point of view. After all, I think that's where his main area of expertise is... since he is a man...

Old 08-20-2013, 04:37 PM

6,845 posts, read 4,922,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
erm...i dont take that away from this at all. its just a mans perspective on his experience for others to read in to if they choose to. i would assume his ex wife would have much of the same advice is she was to put thoughts to paper.

i told my wife i was going to do this. she choked on her water then told me to "epic love" her later, she was busy right now
Because you're not supposed to tell her, you're supposed to show her.

Old 08-20-2013, 04:44 PM

6,845 posts, read 4,922,511 times
Quote:

Three is nothing in there that requires anyone to "change". How is "Work as a team", "Never stop growing together" and "Always choose love" requiring you to change who you are? I think this list applies to both genders (with exception of a couple that are male-specific) and not only to married couples, but to any LTR. If both partners did the things on this list, the divorce rate would plummet, IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships