Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2013, 11:17 PM

61 posts, read 59,960 times

Advertisements

So made a post on here about this earlier this week but wanted to just make it simple. Been talking to a girl for about a month and a half who I have feelings for. She is into me too, but we had sex 3 weeks into it. Since then she stopped trying to kiss me and doing her part when I'm around but still friendly as usual and texts me and wants to hang out yadda yadda yadda. We talked, she's been in relationships for 4 years before I met her and she wants to be single now and not get close. So am I supposed to continue saying yes when she wants to see me? Or do girls do this to get to
Know a guy who later on could be something more? Or friend zoned permanently ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2013, 11:23 PM

207 posts, read 354,691 times
You are friend zoned. Tell her you have other plans. Tell her you are looking for someone who is looking for a relationship so you wont be able to hang out. The fact that you are asking this again in another thread tells me you are annoying the hell out of her with your neediness. Move on. She will probably be more interested if you do move on but don't let that fool you. You are just an ego trip and a back up for when she has nothing else going on.

Old 08-20-2013, 11:34 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarguy21 View Post
So made a post on here about this earlier this week but wanted to just make it simple. Been talking to a girl for about a month and a half who I have feelings for. She is into me too, but we had sex 3 weeks into it. Since then she stopped trying to kiss me and doing her part when I'm around but still friendly as usual and texts me and wants to hang out yadda yadda yadda. We talked, she's been in relationships for 4 years before I met her and she wants to be single now and not get close. So am I supposed to continue saying yes when she wants to see me? Or do girls do this to get to
Your question was answered on your other thread honey. Sorry, I know that's not what you want to hear.

Please help out this 22 year old guy

Old 08-21-2013, 04:15 AM

19,968 posts, read 30,200,655 times
relationships get complicated very quickly, she doesnt want an "exclusive" relationship right now-she wants a break,,,respect that

thats the tough thing about dating,,,most have two separate lives,,you date,,,even if you hit it off,,,then what? well, we;ve all taken the fast-lane to exclusivity... or moving in together,,,too quickly,,,then its either appeasement, compromise, or a messy break up,,,

why cant you just enjoy each other company/time together without any further expectations?? expectations, is the snake in the grass, we all get caught up in what "should" happen

if you got friend-zoned,,,so what????? at you least you met a decent friend
and if you want something more serious,,,then date someone else,,

dont mean to sound cold,,but we often trip over ourselves, on expectations

Old 08-21-2013, 05:51 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,141,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarguy21 View Post
If you're sleeping with her that's not a "friend zone" that's a FWB. Friendzone is when she treats you like one of her gay male friends. It usually happens to guys women find undesirable.

Old 08-21-2013, 06:26 AM

1,503 posts, read 1,855,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
relationships get complicated very quickly, she doesnt want an "exclusive" relationship right now-she wants a break,,,respect that

thats the tough thing about dating,,,most have two separate lives,,you date,,,even if you hit it off,,,then what? well, we;ve all taken the fast-lane to exclusivity... or moving in together,,,too quickly,,,then its either appeasement, compromise, or a messy break up,,,

why cant you just enjoy each other company/time together without any further expectations?? expectations, is the snake in the grass, we all get caught up in what "should" happen

if you got friend-zoned,,,so what????? at you least you met a decent friend
and if you want something more serious,,,then date someone else,,

dont mean to sound cold,,but we often trip over ourselves, on expectations
Good post.

Sometimes I'm glad I'm not dating anymore. It's no easier for women, let me tell you. Move too fast, & he either does a "hit it & quit it" or runs away, thinking you're a stalker. Move too slow, he thinks you're not interested.

To the OP - just back off for a while. I know it's hard to do, but based on what you're telling me, it's the best thing to do. As it stands now, she's messing with your head. You don't need that.

Old 08-21-2013, 10:27 AM

50,721 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
If you're sleeping with her that's not a "friend zone" that's a FWB. Friendzone is when she treats you like one of her gay male friends. It usually happens to guys women find undesirable.
They only slept together once, now she's put the kibosh on anything physical. Guessing the chemistry wasn't there on her part, but right now it definitely sounds like friend zone. If you felt comfortable enough to sleep with her though, you feel comfortable enough to ask her what's up.

Old 08-21-2013, 10:34 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,989,613 times
Let it go and consider it a notch on your belt.

Old 08-21-2013, 03:04 PM

43 posts, read 56,128 times
I'll say it again.......

The friendzone doesn't exist. I repeat, the friendzone does not exist.

It is bullsh*t, plain and simple. It's a fake hell created by people that feel they deserve love and affection for acting nice instead of being nice, and feel they are exempt from putting forth the effort to actually be attractive to someone or show interest in them.

He/she either likes you, or they don't. Accept it, move on, try your luck with the other 3 billion women on this planet and quit acting like being friends with the girl is a bad thing. The fact that you two already banged is a sign that she digs you. Quit worrying about it, be her friend/buddy (genuinely) and JUST BE COOL. Quit worrying about a lack of intimate contact, she'll communicate she wants to be closer/intimate when she feels it.

Recent example: Met a girl a few months ago that I was really into, but the feeling was not mutual on her end and she just wanted to be friends. I accepted that, and instead of awkwardly sulking and dwelling...I kept right on with being her friend, and just focused on dating other women. We played video games, went shopping, smoked bud, talked/complained about our dates, discussed and often joked about our sex lives. We became really close as friends, and even fooled around one night after coming home from a party. The fact that we were just friends and understood that made it way more satisfying, as well.

Seriously, quit worrying about the "friendzone". If this one doesn't "work out", then simply go on dates, have fun, and keep the friends you make in the process.

PROTIP: Just because she's not into you doesn't mean her friends won't be. Instead of acting lame if she refuses you, just be her friend (without forcing it) and if she feels comfy with you, I'm sure she'll have no problem praising you to her friends if you decide to try your luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships