Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 03:58 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,236,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Hey hey you you?

Get into my car!

Who me?

Yeah you!

Get into my car!
Sorry, couldn't resist lol

Billy Ocean - Get Outta My Dreams, Get Into My Car - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2013, 04:01 PM

2,632 posts, read 4,050,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Of course! What part about "it's not safe to get into a stranger's car" don't you get? How many times do women have to post that before you'll believe that good looks/fame/charm/whatever won't override that?
Again, I'll say it's easy to say what one will do until they're actually in that situation. We'll see what happens if Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow was right in front of you. If then, you actually do turn him down, kudos. Until then, unless I actually witness a follow-through, I'm shaking my head thinking "sure you will," with many of these responses.

Old 08-22-2013, 04:39 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
When I was 13 a teenage girl who was hitchhiking in my area was abducted and murdered. Now back in 1977 murders were headline news and rare in New Zealand. It frightened me and I vowed I would never hitchhike in my life. I would never get in a strangers car, ever. Not when I was young and foolish and certainly not now I'm older. Many a nefarious man has been good looking. You can't judge a character by their looks.

OP and other men who have stated women would jump into a good looking guys car are wrong...only street women do these kind of unsafe actions.

Old 08-22-2013, 05:02 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,105,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Today Robert Pattinson, pulls up to you in his flash sports car and says to you "You look just like my kind of lady, get in and we will go back to my place and get to know each other"

What do you do?
First, I'd look over my shoulder, thinking that he was talking to someone else.

Second, I'd keep on walking, cuz I don't look like the woman in the photo, so he would never in a million years say that to me.

Third, by observation only, a lot nice looking guys in sports cars have issues with arrogance and are full of themselves. They knew they are good-looking and are sure no one forgets it.

I'd probably be more interested in the guy in a pickup truck or a regular car or his work vehicle. But, I still wouldn't just get picked up like that.

And I'm probably (almost) old enough to be his mom.

Old 08-22-2013, 05:05 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,242,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
I had no idea who Robert Pattinson is so I had to see the link. Yeah, no. I don't do Twilight and I don't think he's all that.

Now, if it were Johnny Depp pulling up, that would be a different story.
Talk about men not aging well.

Johnny Depp just looks like a try hard these days. Plus he's got a mouthful of tiny rotten junkie teeth.

Old 08-22-2013, 05:19 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Talk about men not aging well.

Johnny Depp just looks like a try hard these days. Plus he's got a mouthful of tiny rotten junkie teeth.
johnny depp - Google Search

I don't know for 50 he isn't bad.

Old 08-22-2013, 05:26 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,995,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexWest View Post
Again, I'll say it's easy to say what one will do until they're actually in that situation. We'll see what happens if Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow was right in front of you. If then, you actually do turn him down, kudos. Until then, unless I actually witness a follow-through, I'm shaking my head thinking "sure you will," with many of these responses.
Clinging to this belief that women are incapable of accurately self-reporting and predicting their own behaviour is deeply misogynist.

It makes you look desperate, yet undateable. A real ladyboner-killer.

Old 08-22-2013, 06:36 PM

2,632 posts, read 4,050,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Clinging to this belief that women are incapable of accurately self-reporting and predicting their own behaviour is deeply misogynist.

It makes you look desperate, yet undateable. A real ladyboner-killer.
So I disagreed with her, and it makes me desperate, and a misogynist? I doubt Ruth4Truth and I will lose sleep over this. I gave an opinion, is all. I didn't know all women were expected to have the same one.

My comment isn't even gender specific. You say something, and when you're in that situation then you're put to the test.

Old 08-22-2013, 06:39 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,202,330 times
Pattison..sexy eyes. But im team Jacob. But..even if HE rolled up in a hot car I wouldn't just hop in that either.

Old 08-22-2013, 06:43 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Don't hate. It threads like these that help us guys understand the female mind.
understand the female mind??

not any better than a blind guy with a rubix cube...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships