Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2013, 07:35 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,802,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
This is my experience. I know short guys (5'6" and under) who are major players and always have been.

I think using height alone (unless you qualify as a dwarf) is a cop out.
I'd have to agree. No one is perfect and we all have negative attributes or at least things we see as negative attributes (maybe it's height, age, social anxiety, something physical, etc). And using that as an excuse is a cop out for not finding love and not improving yourself in ways that matter is weak. The truth is, no one is attractive to everyone. Even supermodels have their distractors who call them "ugly."

The key is to find the person who is interested in you and attracted to you and not just wring your hands and worry about the people who aren't interested in you. If you do sit and complain and wring your hands, no one will take pity on you and it won't help you. You will get nowhere and just make yourself bitter blaming everyone else. Sure there is a chance you won't get anywhere or won't find love even if you try... but you still have a chance and most people succeed. But I can guarantee a person definitely will not find love sitting in the corner of life crying with self pity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2013, 07:37 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,213,260 times
Yay, another "new" poster.

Old 08-26-2013, 07:57 AM

77 posts, read 200,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
You have some serious issues you should probably work on.
Because I shut your arguments down and proved you wrong or at least cast new light on this issue? I don't have issues actually. Even if I do, why should I fix them? Whats wrong with knowing that short height is gross and that girls covet tall guys? At least I embrace the truth and do not spread insincerity.

Old 08-26-2013, 08:00 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.alghul View Post
Because I shut your arguments down and proved you wrong or at least cast new light on this issue? I don't have issues actually. Even if I do, why should I fix them? Whats wrong with knowing that short height is gross and that girls covet tall guys? At least I embrace the truth and do not spread insincerity.
You in no way shut my arguments down because I know PLENTY of short men (5'5 and under) who are players and get plenty of ridiculously hot women. I mentioned my friend up thread a bit who is 5'4 and maybe 100 lbs and I had the BIGGEST crush on him when I was in my early 20s and he rejected me with no qualms whatsoever. I've been rejected by a TON of short guys so obviously they had much better options out there than me.

And girls may covet tall guys, but women don't. Maybe you should try talking to women and not young girls.

Old 08-26-2013, 08:14 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
Quote:
mYSogYNy.MYSOGYNY.MYSOGNY.MYSSHUTTT UPPPP.

Old 08-26-2013, 08:30 AM

There's always one or two brand new members that pop up when a 'short guy' thread gets started. I have a feeling they just google 'women hate short guys' or something to that effect and then just troll everything that pops up.

Old 08-26-2013, 08:57 AM

77 posts, read 200,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
There's always one or two brand new members that pop up when a 'short guy' thread gets started. I have a feeling they just google 'women hate short guys' or something to that effect and then just troll everything that pops up.
But you never question what pushes short guys to do that search and then become all surprised/annoyed when you find out there are complaints/arguments from them. CD is not the only site that fall "victim" to short guys complaining. All the dating sites, Bodybuilding, Twitter, Facebook, AskMen, and a bunch of other sites are subject to the same. A vast majority of women will often sound out their disapproval/dismay/disgust with short guys.

For me, some girl back in the old country refused me when she discovered my height, after I agreed in gold and cash payment. Another girl from Sweden also refused to consider my proposal. My mother knows this, and my sisters know this. A cousin dealing with my proposals told me this. I wanted to know why and I found them. The reasons women give are not a problem to me. They simply don't want to procreate with short men. They are physically/sexually unattracted to them. The evidence is out there.

Old 08-26-2013, 09:03 AM

1,194 posts, read 1,399,446 times
That's a shame, m.alghul. Because otherwise, you seem like a totally normal, sane, charming man ranting on the internet.

Old 08-26-2013, 09:10 AM

Quote:
But you never question what pushes short guys to do that search and then become all surprised/annoyed when you find out there are complaints/arguments from them. CD is not the only site that fall "victim" to short guys complaining. All the dating sites, Bodybuilding, Twitter, Facebook, AskMen, and a bunch of other sites are subject to the same. A vast majority of women will often sound out their disapproval/dismay/disgust with short guys.

For me, some girl back in the old country refused me when she discovered my height, after I agreed in gold and cash payment. Another girl from Sweden also refused to consider my proposal. My mother knows this, and my sisters know this. A cousin dealing with my proposals told me this. I wanted to know why and I found them. The reasons women give are not a problem to me. They simply don't want to procreate with short men. They are physically/sexually unattracted to them. The evidence is out there.
Because they're looking for a reason behind getting rejected. I have no doubts whatsoever that there are many people that have googled their flaws to see others opinions. I know I've googled 'do men care about scars' because I have several surgery scars and have been rejected for that. The overall consensus? Men don't like women with scars. Oh well, their loss.

So... you're irritated that you tried to buy a woman and they rejected you because of your height? Seriously? And sure there are plenty of women that are physically/sexually not attracted to short men, just as you're physically/sexually not attracted to fat women.

Old 08-26-2013, 09:28 AM

1,194 posts, read 1,399,446 times
A short guy can be cute. Like a little doll, or a baby brother.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships