Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 01:33 PM

302 posts, read 303,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
It's not something I consciously do.
Exactly. Because you're not really doing it. You can't separate the two, not completely. So the fact is, when you give someone access to your body, you're giving them access to everything else.

Old 08-21-2013, 01:34 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashrulez View Post
Exactly. Because you're not really doing it. You can't separate the two, not completely. So the fact is, when you give someone access to your body, you're giving them access to everything else.
Interesting theory. I guess that's why I've had sex with men who I never asked for their number to contact and never saw again. I must have given them access to my soul and heart.

Old 08-21-2013, 01:37 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,761,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Oh, how I wish I had written this piece. It's awesome.

The Truth About Being a Slutty S l u t | Stefanie Williams

Take that, double-standard!
Fascinating...I read the article; not 100% sure of the exact point that the author was trying to make though? Was she just saying that women who enjoy casual intimacy are regular, everyday normal women, just like all other women and everyone else?

ETA: Although casual intimacy is not something that I partake of or desire to have, I also believe that no one should be saying that women who elect for casual intimacy are "bad people"; that is a very cruel and judgmental thing to say, and no one woman deserves to be judged harshly like that...

Old 08-21-2013, 01:41 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,189,540 times
Quote:
Hell, I've always owned it. I don't consider myself a sl*t, but it's how society wants to label me-have at it.

So I've had sex, with a lot of men. I love sex. So sue me. Don't want to date me because of it? Keep it moving. Don't think I'm marriage material-okay, I don't either.

Don't understand the stigma. I embrace it.
Don't want to date me because of it? GOOD thanks for letting me know since I don't want to date you either!

BUT serial sluttiness can lead you to The One.

Old 08-21-2013, 01:43 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashrulez View Post
What does loving sex have to do with how many men you allow access to your body? They are two completely different topics.

If it was as simple as saying, "hey, here's my body, take a ride" that's one thing, but the body is attached to a person with a heart, mind and soul. And this is why allowing men easy access to your body shows how much you value yourself as a whole person. Just my opinion, of course.
Why do you view it in terms of allowing others access to your body rather than you gaining access to other's bodies? Do men who have lots of partners view themselves as having no value? You seem to view sex as some kind of favor to be granted rather than something pleasant to be obtained.

Old 08-21-2013, 01:45 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Don't want to date me because of it? GOOD thanks for letting me know since I don't want to date you either!

BUT serial sluttiness can lead you to The One.
Been proposed to twice. I'm honest about it. I have no problem with men wanting to date me (not just sleep with me) regardless. I don't want to find "the one" because I don't believe in marriage. Thanks.

Old 08-21-2013, 01:54 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times
who says there is "the one"?

there are many "ones" the "one" is just someone who you have deemed to be compatible.

its just an outlook set by morals...and morals are totally subjective to the environment and the places they are born from. "your god is my logical science"

im not a "bed hopper" but i can still see and understand both sides without having to resort to **** shaming to define EVERYONE who doesn't subscribe to my choice of lifestyle to settle down with one person.

you as a human are capable of loving and enjoying many individuals, the only things separating that is your personal ideal of what love, sex and life needs in order to be be fulfilling events.

Old 08-21-2013, 02:05 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,189,540 times
Quote:
It's not something I consciously do.

If I love someone I am having sex with, the experience involves everything.

If I don't, the experience is strictly physical, but equally as enjoyable. Just a different type of joy.

It is a range, like a slider. Some serious good like offers a very nice romp.

1,355 posts, read 2,546,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Oh, how I wish I had written this piece. It's awesome.

The Truth About Being a Slutty S l u t | Stefanie Williams

Take that, double-standard!
okay article, basically stating the obvious aside from trying to destigmatize women havng a healthy sexual appetite. I'm okay with that but still think it's tacky to advertise it, and thats for both men and women.

frankly, it this this sl*t issue is more between women, i.e., trying to marginalize those who don't act like ladies cuz it ruins the experience for the rest of them. sure, guys raise the sl*t flag, but i don't think it has the same level of being derogatory. i think most guys understand that having several sex partners doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Slutty sluts unite. ;-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships