Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 09:39 AM

88,492 posts, read 84,635,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCatarre View Post
He might be truly sorry though.
Yes, he might be. Still, it will be up to the wife how she feels about his betrayal, sorry or not as he might be at this late stage in the game. I think I would have a hard time just saying "Oh well", but another woman might be able to set it aside and forgive easily.

My daughter's friend's father just announced that he is leaving her mother for a younger woman and that she has a one-year-old baby brother (She is 21). He wants her to be excited about this kid, but her mother is devastated and she's just not ready to embrace Daddy's new world of younger woman and new family. It's as if she and her brother (he's about 18) and her mother and their whole life never existed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2013, 09:47 AM

6,044 posts, read 24,080,964 times
Even if this gentleman had totally changed his ways and stopped cheating after fathering these children (which is doubtful in my mind), even if his wife could forgive these long-ago affairs, how do you forgive keeping secrets and living a lie for so long? I don't know if I could do it. But I also don't know if in my late 60s, I could stomach a divorce and trying to start a life over. Oh the pain this man caused!

The child support issue being discussed here is a bit off-topic. Sure there are women who don't spend their child support money as they should. But I know many more women who are struggling financially because their kid's dad doesn't bother to pay a dime. It's shameful. Raising a kid is very expensive - you created life, you are responsible for it.

Old 08-24-2013, 04:42 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,988,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
It's as if she and her brother (he's about 18) and her mother and their whole life never existed.
I think that's very insightful. I think that's why a lot of old guys try to get young women. They want to feel that they can have do-over for their life.

Old 08-24-2013, 04:48 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,988,737 times
For all the people who say he should not have told:

The truth would have come out when he died and his estate was split 5 ways instead of 3.

At least now everyone can plan for inheriting less money, and can process this grief without trying to process the grief of his death simultaneously. Imagine how guilty they would feel, being angry at their dead father.

This is, of course, a situation where there is no good way to handle the telling. But telling sooner might be a little less harmful than letting people find out on their own. That's usually the case with big secrets.

Old 08-25-2013, 06:13 AM

728 posts, read 1,898,272 times
Talk about irony. Dude thought he was dying, confessed a big secret, dude gets better and now his deep dark secret is out. If there is a god out there he truly has a twisted sense of humor.

Old 08-25-2013, 01:24 PM

128 posts, read 183,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainGuy74 View Post
Talk about irony. Dude thought he was dying, confessed a big secret, dude gets better and now his deep dark secret is out. If there is a god out there he truly has a twisted sense of humor.
Yeah that was karma. But still, at least he's alive.

Old 08-25-2013, 01:34 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,611,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainGuy74 View Post
Sounds like the plot of a VC Andrews book.

Old 08-31-2013, 03:56 PM

208 posts, read 218,488 times
Hahaha that man is the king. Getting both pregnant at the same time.

Old 08-31-2013, 06:51 PM

1,787 posts, read 5,744,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasX51 View Post
Hahaha that man is the king. Getting both pregnant at the same time.
Hahaha that man is an a$$.

Old 08-31-2013, 07:15 PM

208 posts, read 218,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timneh5 View Post
Hahaha that man is an a$$.
Sorry but to get them both pregnant without the wife knowing, he has some serious game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships