U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-13-2007, 06:27 PM

25 posts, read 107,504 times
Default What kinds of personality do you like to get along with?

What kinds of personality do you like to get along with?

- sanguine
- choleric
- melancholic
- phlegmatic

and what personality do you fall into?
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2007, 07:03 PM

2,481 posts, read 8,585,552 times
Are you doing this for an assignment?

Old 11-13-2007, 08:53 PM

Location: Life here is not an Apollo Mission. Everyone calm down.
1,063 posts, read 3,155,868 times
I'm phlegmatic (Bless You!) who, with other phlegmatics (Gesundheit!), do whatever it takes to avoid the other three.

Old 11-13-2007, 10:12 PM

627 posts, read 1,422,900 times
I would be phlegmatic and it does seem to be an assignment.

Old 11-14-2007, 04:32 AM

1,729 posts, read 92,837 times
Hi, Your categories don't have much range. I don't think I'm any of those?

I am open, and friendly, but I have a lot of depth - from life experience.

So I tend to appreciate people who are likewise warm and open, but, if we get into a more personal conversation, also have depth, have been through things.

One thing I really like is when people are responsive - if I said "oh, this person said this or did this" I hate it when people say "well, don't worry about it - just think of positive things". I like the people who say "that's outrageous!". I'm like that too - a friend can always call me up and get some good comfort and outrage - i.e. "how dare they do that to you after how hard you've worked" etc.

Old 11-14-2007, 06:25 AM

Location: Life here is not an Apollo Mission. Everyone calm down.
1,063 posts, read 3,155,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenmom7500 View Post
Hi, Your categories don't have much range. I don't think I'm any of those?

I am open, and friendly, but I have a lot of depth - from life experience.

So I tend to appreciate people who are likewise warm and open, but, if we get into a more personal conversation, also have depth, have been through things.

One thing I really like is when people are responsive - if I said "oh, this person said this or did this" I hate it when people say "well, don't worry about it - just think of positive things". I like the people who say "that's outrageous!". I'm like that too - a friend can always call me up and get some good comfort and outrage - i.e. "how dare they do that to you after how hard you've worked" etc.
I have to agree with what I've bolded. I have a dear dear dear friend; he would do ANYTHING for me...loves me to pieces; BUT, he doesn't respond to anything I try to discuss. I can tell him a story about...the new neighbor, for example and he has some standard responses like "uncanny!" or "that deserves a wow!" never carrying a conversation, unless it's about baseball or the dentist, lol.

I once dated a guy that was the same way...no matter what I said, his standard responses were:

"I'll have to think about that." (How about thinking WHILE we are talking?)
"Not sure I agree with that." (You don't have to agree, but how about discussing your opinions in a timely manner?)
"You are probably right." (Right, wrong...I don't care, I just want to hear someone's opinion other than mine!!)

Old 11-14-2007, 07:05 AM

8,183 posts, read 11,078,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pupop View Post
What kinds of personality do you like to get along with?

- sanguine
- choleric
- melancholic
- phlegmatic

and what personality do you fall into?
Be right back after I get my dictionary........

Old 11-14-2007, 07:18 AM

1,729 posts, read 92,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MainStreet View Post
I have to agree with what I've bolded. I have a dear dear dear friend; he would do ANYTHING for me...loves me to pieces; BUT, he doesn't respond to anything I try to discuss. I can tell him a story about...the new neighbor, for example and he has some standard responses like "uncanny!" or "that deserves a wow!" never carrying a conversation, unless it's about baseball or the dentist, lol.

I once dated a guy that was the same way...no matter what I said, his standard responses were:

"I'll have to think about that." (How about thinking WHILE we are talking?)
"Not sure I agree with that." (You don't have to agree, but how about discussing your opinions in a timely manner?)
"You are probably right." (Right, wrong...I don't care, I just want to hear someone's opinion other than mine!!)

Yeah, my mom was a counselor, so I always think she'll have some really good insight and instead her response is like "huh" (like in a shoulder shrugging way, but not in a dodging, counselor way, just sort of blank). My stepmother on the other hand is like "let's talk about something POSITIVE instead".

Old 11-14-2007, 01:33 PM

537 posts, read 1,187,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnemo62 View Post
Be right back after I get my dictionary........

Right. i think we need a definition first.

Old 11-14-2007, 06:09 PM

2,486 posts, read 5,940,088 times
Sanguine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships