U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 01:37 AM

468 posts, read 442,923 times

Advertisements

A girl added me on facebook the other day and we hung out tonight. Caught a movie, have a lot of common interests, are understanding of each other. Anyhow. Tonight we went to a movie (you're next), and unfortunately i lost composure after one of the characters died and broke out into cold sweats and almost passed out. Despite that, she was holding onto my arm all night and we got along pretty well. We then proceeded to her house and hung out in the backyard and talked for a good hour before saying goodnight. (although she did say i give good hugs guess that's a plus) When i got home she shot me a text saying "tonight was nice" and that she was glad to meet me. I asked her if she would want to do another date soon and she said it would be nice.

(To answer your question, yes i do want to date this girl but i know it's extremely early in the relationship/friendship/being acquaintances)

My two questions are. 1) Do women say that their date was "nice" to be polite or is she withholding her feelings from me.

2) is scheduling another date this upcoming week a bad thing or should i hold off a little longer?

Advice/opinions are welcomed and greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2013, 01:40 AM

3,395 posts, read 3,571,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryazer24 View Post
A girl added me on facebook the other day and we hung out tonight. Caught a movie, have a lot of common interests, are understanding of each other. Anyhow. Tonight we went to a movie (you're next), and unfortunately i lost composure after one of the characters died and broke out into cold sweats and almost passed out. Despite that, she was holding onto my arm all night and we got along pretty well. We then proceeded to her house and hung out in the backyard and talked for a good hour before saying goodnight. (although she did say i give good hugs guess that's a plus) When i got home she shot me a text saying "tonight was nice" and that she was glad to meet me. I asked her if she would want to do another date soon and she said it would be nice.

(To answer your question, yes i do want to date this girl but i know it's extremely early in the relationship/friendship/being acquaintances)

My two questions are. 1) Do women say that their date was "nice" to be polite or is she withholding her feelings from me.

2) is scheduling another date this upcoming week a bad thing or should i hold off a little longer?

You're over thinking this.

She likes you. She had a good time with you. She wants to see you again. See her again, sooner rather than later.

Old 08-24-2013, 01:44 AM

5,564 posts, read 7,663,043 times
You really almost passed out? WOW

Old 08-24-2013, 01:46 AM

72,946 posts, read 64,436,469 times
Overthinking, OP. Don't 2nd guess a woman when she tells you she had a nice time. It was a nice thing to do, so soon after the date, considering all the games we hear about on this forum: "should I wait 3 days? Should I wait until he texts me, or should I text him?" Blah blah. Just go with it. Looks like you're off to a good start.

Old 08-24-2013, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
You really almost passed out? WOW
The girl got cut in the throat. and i have a small phobia of blood oozing out of the throat.... probably because i took a hockey puck to the throat in ice hockey and blacked out/stopped breathing for approximately a minute.

Old 08-24-2013, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Overthinking, OP. Don't 2nd guess a woman when she tells you she had a nice time. It was a nice thing to do, so soon after the date, considering all the games we hear about on this forum: "should I wait 3 days? Should I wait until he texts me, or should I text him?" Blah blah. Just go with it. Looks like you're off to a good start.
Thank you Ruth!! Appreciate the support!!!

Old 08-24-2013, 02:10 AM

13,770 posts, read 16,327,355 times
Quote:

No, I think she meant it.

Quote:
Do it asap. If she likes you, she will be EXPECTING that as the sign that you like her. If you don't do it, she will think you don't like her.

Old 08-24-2013, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
You're over thinking this.

She likes you. She had a good time with you. She wants to see you again. See her again, sooner rather than later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
No, I think she meant it.

Thanks for the reassurance. I just have had the worst luck with women lately where i just can't seem to choose the right ones and this time i think i have!

Do it asap. If she likes you, she will be EXPECTING that as the sign that you like her. If you don't do it, she will think you don't like her.
Alright, this is awesome

Old 08-24-2013, 09:03 AM
Status: "Rocktober...well that was fast. :-(" (set 29 days ago)

10,327 posts, read 10,479,417 times
Quote:
The girl got cut in the throat. and i have a small phobia of blood oozing out of the throat.... probably because i took a hockey puck to the throat in ice hockey and blacked out/stopped breathing for approximately a minute.
At least you had a good reason for it, then. Don't over-think it, OP. Just take her at her word she had a nice time. Ask her when she wants to hang out again, but don't leave it to her entirely. Ask her but also suggest a night. That conveys your interest in her.

"I was wondering when you wanted to get together again. I was thinking Tuesday night we could..."

Old 08-24-2013, 09:08 AM

35,121 posts, read 37,924,479 times
Quote:

Relax, don't over analyze and let your friendship/relationship flow naturally and see where it takes you.

Schedule the next date when you both are available but don't get too anxious about it if she can't meet you for a few days. People do have responsibilities outside of dating.

Don't call too much or text too much, if she texts you respond when you get a few minutes free. Then later in the evening call or text her and ask how her day went at school or work or wherever.

Good luck and I'm glad you both enjoyed your evening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or