Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 08:30 PM

2,098 posts, read 2,501,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarthBeneathMe View Post
I haven't spoken to my exwife in maybe 2 weeks, but feel done being upset and grieving.
I'm going to tell you something you may not want to hear, but here it is... before you can move on with anyone new and make a healthy relationship, you are going to have to develop REAL space between you and your ex-wife. As in no contact for awhile. A long while. It's simply not fair to anyone you date to be in regular contact with someone you have a long history with and who still stirs such emotions in you. Think of how you felt when she "cheated on" you with the inappropriate emails and such. You are doing the same thing to any girl you date if you keep up contact with her. I know this is not the answer you want, but I encourage you to mull it over and try to look at this situation from the other side before dismissing it outright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarthBeneathMe View Post
So long story short, we're back together, and I said "I love you" for the first time in over a year and a half.
Another piece of advice you probably don't want: this screams rebound. Two weeks ago, you were miserable because your ex is remarried and pregnant. Now you randomly got together with a different ex and are saying "I love you." SLOW DOWN. If there is something that's right with this girl, it will still be right 3 months from now, and 6 months from now. Slow down, make space in your life from exes, and allow things to develop naturally. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2013, 06:17 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Enjoy where your at, not always about where you're going.

Old 08-26-2013, 07:25 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,033,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkatbar View Post
I'm going to tell you something you may not want to hear, but here it is... before you can move on with anyone new and make a healthy relationship, you are going to have to develop REAL space between you and your ex-wife. As in no contact for awhile. A long while. It's simply not fair to anyone you date to be in regular contact with someone you have a long history with and who still stirs such emotions in you. Think of how you felt when she "cheated on" you with the inappropriate emails and such. You are doing the same thing to any girl you date if you keep up contact with her. I know this is not the answer you want, but I encourage you to mull it over and try to look at this situation from the other side before dismissing it outright.

Another piece of advice you probably don't want: this screams rebound. Two weeks ago, you were miserable because your ex is remarried and pregnant. Now you randomly got together with a different ex and are saying "I love you." SLOW DOWN. If there is something that's right with this girl, it will still be right 3 months from now, and 6 months from now. Slow down, make space in your life from exes, and allow things to develop naturally. Good luck.
Great advice! OP, you're not "done grieving" just because someone else came along. Now your ex has become the distraction from the grieving you need to do and your lack of desire to face your issues head-on. In my ever so humble opinion, of course.

Old 08-26-2013, 07:49 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,725,051 times
You seem to im-print and de-print pretty quickly, no?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships