Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 04:36 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,874,777 times

Advertisements

I had a date with this really nice guy in April. Things went really well, I thought. We had lunch, and went to a movie. Sparks flew. We kissed. He had his daughter's graduation from OSU the following weekend, but said he'd call. We texted (him first) for a few days, then nothing. Fast forward 4 months....2 weeks ago, he texts me out of nowhere..."hey, it's been awhile, how are you????" I did know who it was...then last night he texted again. "Hey, it's me...K...how are you". Asks me if I am dating anyone, and then I asked him, why are you texting me now, after 4 months. His response....I don't know. I was thinking about you. WTF???? It's not like we are in our 20's. We are in our 50's, actually 2 weeks apart as far as birthdays.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2013, 04:44 PM

151 posts, read 210,788 times
He's probably just a little bored with his own life.
If I were you, I'd ignore him forever.
His sporadic appearances are very immature.

If he can't even give you a proper reason as to why he disappeared and why he's texting you now, he's not worth your time. This guy is just seeing you as an option. If you keep responding to his messages, he'll see you as this "doormat" option who will always be there whenever he pleases. Don't let him fool you into talking to him. He just wants to string you along when he's bored and disappear again when someone better comes along. He's just using you to fill the void in his love life.

Old 08-25-2013, 04:46 PM

52,193 posts, read 52,623,070 times
Yeah... IDK... I'd probably move on if I were you... you guys are a bit old for that kind of silliness. Either use the pot or get off as they say....

Old 08-25-2013, 04:50 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,141,101 times
Looking for sex?

Old 08-25-2013, 04:50 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,800,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrsygrl51 View Post
I had a date with this really nice guy in April. Things went really well, I thought. We had lunch, and went to a movie. Sparks flew. We kissed. He had his daughter's graduation from OSU the following weekend, but said he'd call. We texted (him first) for a few days, then nothing. Fast forward 4 months....2 weeks ago, he texts me out of nowhere..."hey, it's been awhile, how are you????" I did know who it was...then last night he texted again. "Hey, it's me...K...how are you". Asks me if I am dating anyone, and then I asked him, why are you texting me now, after 4 months. His response....I don't know. I was thinking about you. WTF???? It's not like we are in our 20's. We are in our 50's, actually 2 weeks apart as far as birthdays.

Don't know why, and if it were me I wouldn't care. I think the original disappearing act and the subsequent returning without any consideration or explanation (ie: apology) is a huge deal breaker.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-25-2013, 05:13 PM

Yeah...I mean I have a few choice things I'd like to say. If he does it again, I won't hold back. I mean, when I was younger if a guy had done that, I would have told him to F**K off. Thanks for your input all.

Old 08-25-2013, 05:21 PM

52,193 posts, read 52,623,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrsygrl51 View Post
Yeah...I mean I have a few choice things I'd like to say. If he does it again, I won't hold back. I mean, when I was younger if a guy had done that, I would have told him to F**K off. Thanks for your input all.
I don't think you need to have this level of hostility to still take of business, you know what I mean??? You're gonna come off as some crazy old broad.

How about just pickup the phone if he calls and just calmly ask him what happened... surely you both can be adults about it...

Old 08-25-2013, 05:26 PM

29,737 posts, read 34,352,243 times
He was probably met someone else around the same time he met you, and they probably just broke up.

Old 08-25-2013, 05:27 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,615,755 times
He probably started dating someone else, then they broke up and he's going through his contacts to see who he can go out with again. He already knows you're interested so he probably thinks you'll be easy pickins.

I had a guy do this recently to me... I went out with him twice, he completely disappeared, so I deleted his number and moved on. A few weeks ago he texted me, I asked who it was (first hint?) and he told me he had been thinking about me. I asked him point blank 'So...when was the breakup?' and he said 'Last week'. That was the end of that.

Old 08-25-2013, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
He probably started dating someone else, then they broke up and he's going through his contacts to see who he can go out with again. He already knows you're interested so he probably thinks you'll be easy pickins.

I had a guy do this recently to me... I went out with him twice, he completely disappeared, so I deleted his number and moved on. A few weeks ago he texted me, I asked who it was (first hint?) and he told me he had been thinking about me. I asked him point blank 'So...when was the breakup?' and he said 'Last week'. That was the end of that.
HaHa
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships