Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 07:45 AM

238 posts, read 1,144,296 times

Advertisements

The men I know who seem to have the best luck in attracting women are the ones who seem to offer the least. These are men who mirror the style an personality of actor Russell Crowe. He is strong, silent, macho, mean, uncommunicative, cocky, unemotional and strong willed. He is everything a man is suppose to be in popular culture but exactly the type of man who is terrible for a personal relationship.

What is it about the macho man that is so attractive to women and why do ladies keep going for them time after time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2007, 08:32 AM

2,482 posts, read 8,731,867 times
Hm not sure what women you are talking to but the one thing that attracted me the most to my boyfriend was his awesome charisma and sensitivity. He has a way with words that can make my knees collapse

Old 11-14-2007, 09:52 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,821,950 times
It's our animal magnetism. Women are a magnet...and we are steel.

Old 11-14-2007, 10:16 AM

Location: Life here is not an Apollo Mission. Everyone calm down.
1,065 posts, read 4,536,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtype View Post
The men I know who seem to have the best luck in attracting women are the ones who seem to offer the least. These are men who mirror the style an personality of actor Russell Crowe. He is strong, silent, macho, mean, uncommunicative, cocky, unemotional and strong willed. He is everything a man is suppose to be in popular culture but exactly the type of man who is terrible for a personal relationship.

What is it about the macho man that is so attractive to women and why do ladies keep going for them time after time?
The strong and silent type are sooooo rare in my part of the woods, that I've convinced myself that the rest of them are all latent, emasculated, sissy men who were ruined by the Xenoestrogens in foods and plastics (I know...I'm weird, lol.)

Old 11-14-2007, 10:34 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,938,326 times
That is also true for the gay culture. Gay men are attracted to the cold and silent type and I am pretty sure their relationships are low quality or useless because they are buying into some bs image. Also gay men are obsessesed with sex...Moderator cut: Insulting/offensive

I think gays would be more accepted into society if they didn't act so ignorant and immature.

Sure I like guys to be masculine and have a strong image but he also NEEDS to have age appropriate communication skills, emotional intelligence, and be responsible in the relationship. If the man is more on the effeminate side then that is ok too but as long as he meets all the other criteria.

Last edited by gizmo980; 11-14-2007 at 04:05 PM..

Old 11-14-2007, 10:40 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,400,633 times
that is because women go with their programming, not what they consciously want
this causes lots of internal conflict. they consciously want warm and sensitive. but that was not their dad or uncles demeanor or
behavior. mental vs emotional, 2 different tracks running at the same time.
many many failed relationships are acclaimed as "not right chemistry" what is really happening is what i just described over and over.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 11-14-2007 at 10:40 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 11-14-2007, 10:54 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,339,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtype View Post

You seem to be talking or attracting the wrong women or the immature ones that don't know what they want. Those are the women that like being treated like ****.
Personally, as a woman, I would rather have a decent guy that treats me well.

Old 11-14-2007, 11:37 AM

Location: Life here is not an Apollo Mission. Everyone calm down.
1,065 posts, read 4,536,295 times
Did anyone happen to catch the cute dad who redid his kids rooms on Oprah yesterday....yeeeoooozaaa...strong, silent....incredibly skilled. Nothing sexier than a man who can build things.

Old 11-14-2007, 12:48 PM
miu

17,767 posts, read 40,161,054 times
goodtype - I need a man that can really talk to me. No strong silent types for me! Only in the movies. But those strong silent men they play do all the right things and usually by the end of the movie, some beautiful woman has penetrated his tough exterior and warmed him up. So maybe your attraction to a strong silent man is wanting to be the woman that gets through that crusty exterior and shows him how to love. The main attraction for me to that sort of man is that a man like that isn't a male ****. I really respect a man that isn't some sweet talking Lothario.

I love Peter Fonda's character in Ulee's Gold.

Old 11-14-2007, 12:59 PM

1,810 posts, read 10,485,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
goodtype - I need a man that can really talk to me. No strong silent types for me! Only in the movies. But those strong silent men they play do all the right things and usually by the end of the movie, some beautiful woman has penetrated his tough exterior and warmed him up. So maybe your attraction to a strong silent man is wanting to be the woman that gets through that crusty exterior and shows him how to love. The main attraction for me to that sort of man is that a man like that isn't a male ****. I really respect a man that isn't some sweet talking Lothario.

I love Peter Fonda's character in Ulee's Gold.
Haha...

Women that like Strong Silent type often complain about their men being mute and won't communicate.

Women that like sweet talker type often complain about their men fooling around and talking to other women.

What women want during dating and after married is often opposite... I wonder why. Men are still the same... the quiet ones are still quiet... the talkative ones are still talking... What do you want from us?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships