Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2013, 05:02 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,157,986 times

Advertisements

I'll be damned if a man comes between myself and my WaWa hoagies. And my Wendy's chili.

I don't like BK or McDonalds because of how they make me feel, but I have plenty of other fast food that I enjoy. I'm wondering where people are picking up all these high maintenance females? Fast food can be fun sometimes, and sometimes I crave crap.

And to whoever asked about girls and buffets, my boyfriend and I have been known to throw on our sweatpants and hit up the closest chinese buffet. It's our silly "thing" we do, amongst many others of course.

And yes, it's very once in a while. It's just fun (I personally like to gorge on the sushi, there's a few good places by me). We eat, go home, order a movie, and snuggle up and enjoy our food coma.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2013, 05:03 PM

19,965 posts, read 30,095,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
Now, I know the title belongs in the food forum but this really is more of a relationship topic.

Just about every girl I've dated hates fast food. However, they love going out to eat at restaurants. To me, the taste/quality of food difference isn't THAT extreme. I suggest fast food, they get disguted and insulted. Then they suggest a $15 meal and think its healthier.

I don't mind spending some cash every once in a while for a meal but every time...thats just not happening. I've figured out the few ones the girl I'm dating likes and stick with those.

Is it because I usually pay for the entire bill? Do women eat fast food with their friends and whatnot but expect more with their man?

Considering I usually pay for the entire bill, I get insulted when everytime we eat out...she wants a restaurant. I can get 3-4 fast food meals for the two of us with one restaurant meal.

Now, this isn't the first...second...or even third date. I know better than that. This is for longer term dating.

Any other dudes with this issue?
if this is a financial decision, then plan the meals ahead of time-even offer to cook for her..

i can relate to this post, because yrs ago, when we were going on a day-trip, and i didnt want to drop 30-50.00 on a sit down meal, id suggest picking up some sandwiches,,,,then the pickiness would come in,,,
so, i learned that whenever we planned something,,,we would also plan the meals, and she was good about offering to make the sandwiches to put in a cooler..

poor planning= frustration.

most guys can eat just about anything on the fly- most women ive known,,arent like that,
so again,,it goes back to planning..

Old 08-26-2013, 05:03 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,648,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
Right... This past weekend: I paid for my GF's rental car and gas... I paid for the hotel, I paid for breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as a couple shows....but if one of those meals had been fast food (they weren't) I'd be a cheap SOB.
Yes because there is absolutely no difference between taking someone on an all-expenses paid vacation and taking them on a 3 hour date. None at all.

Old 08-26-2013, 05:04 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,103,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
This is a valid point. I had an ex that would go out on extravagant guys nights and have astronomical bar tabs while he would try to take me to $10 or less a person places-and I'm as low maintenance as they come, but the fact he saved all his paycheck for boys nights rubbed me the wrong way after years of dating.

I think if he can find a way that doesn't cost any money to show he cares (cooking at home) it means a lot more.
Speaking as a guy who ENJOYS spoiling my GF:

In this time of "woman's equality" why is it that "the guy always pays"?
(and if he doesn't pay ENOUGH....)

(flame suit on)

Old 08-26-2013, 05:06 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,286,746 times
Quote:

(flame suit on)
I always paid in my last two 3year (6 year total) relationships because I made a significant amount more money than the men I dated.

Old 08-26-2013, 05:06 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,103,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Yes because there is absolutely no difference between taking someone on an all-expenses paid vacation and taking them on a 3 hour date. None at all.
Not really. (except more money)

A meal is a meal. The OP said he wasn't referencing the beginning of the relationship.

We've been dating for a year and a half.

Old 08-26-2013, 05:09 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,957,456 times
Quote:

(flame suit on)
If you're dating women who have calculators handy and tallying up how much money a guy spends on a date, maybe you should go out and find the women who aren't like that.

I dated a few of them, so I know they exist somewhere in the world. Those women were happy that they were spending time with me and worried about the tab at the end of the night.

Old 08-26-2013, 05:10 PM

29,682 posts, read 34,216,632 times
Quote:
A meal is a meal. .
This might be where the argument lies. To me, a meal is not just a meal. Fast food has its place, but it's by no means good food. It's mass-produced salty crap served by sullen teenagers in polyester uniforms under fluorescent lighting. As far as food goes, you can usually do better just as inexpensively. It's not at all about money. If "let's go out to eat" means Wendy's, I'd rather stay home, which costs us nothing.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 08-26-2013 at 05:35 PM..

Old 08-26-2013, 05:12 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,094,508 times
I say you have a problem. No girl likes to date a cheap skate, and you are making yourself sound like one. If I were a girl dating you I would be insulted at the thought of cheap fast food. If you don't enjoy a good meal cooked at a restaurant, take her to the library and stop along the way and pickup a box lunch, that is usually free entertainment, but don't expect her to entertain you either when the evening is over. I suspect with your attitude you don't have many long term dates.

The vast majority of younger guys have no idea how to treat a lady, you don't do it by being cheap. Nothing shows who you are quicker than where you take her on a date and what you expect when the night is over. No damn wonder so many of you young guys sing the blues because you can't find a date, who would want to go out with you? Wake up! Women eat fast food, no doubt, but they prefer something better. If you can't provide something better, there are many guys around who can and will.

Last edited by Nite Ryder; 08-26-2013 at 05:28 PM..

Old 08-26-2013, 05:13 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,094,832 times
Quote:
A bigger brute can kill more bears and lions in the woods and jungle, and win more duels during the mating season
In human terms, the duel is known as the game of "who can out-rape the only female within 50 miles". There's a reason guys are bigger.
LOL! That joke is called "Evolution is sometimes deeply dark and disturbing!" LOL!
Wait till you read about duck mating habits
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships