Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2013, 04:30 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,950,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Still waiting for a response to this...

No. Its that just about every girl I've dated whats to go to some fancy ass place when we go out to eat. I can't even bother suggesting Subway or In-N-Out until 5-6 months into the relationship. Its not just 1-3 women, its at least a dozen or so. They do this crap when the relationship is still pretty fresh and new. I think most women expect the man to pay most of the time, like 70/30.

I really doubt women do that type of crap when they eat with their friends or alone. If any of my friends suggest a restaurant some random night we're hanging out, we're all gonna make fun of him.

The girl I'm currently dating, she knows my stance on this and doesn't give me much crap about it. My coworker at work is dealing with this issue too hence why I made this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2013, 04:34 PM

19,045 posts, read 25,153,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigGuy View Post
I'm not sure where this is going and I think it's my fault. This thread is about where to take a woman on her first date. One excuse women used is fine dining is automatically healthier than ff. Of course, ff is unhealthy if you go all the time. But if it's just the one date then it won't kill you.
Well, it probably is "healthier" than ff. Most things are probably healthier than FF. With that said, I'll contribute to the topic at least. I would never date a man that would take me to a ff restaurant for a date (first, second, or third). I still can't believe people do this. When my dh and I drive to Jersey to see my folks I'll stop in a plaza on the way down. There are normally salad shops there, but once in a while I'll get a french fry and a soda and he'll question my decision making. Rightly so. Point being, once in a while on a long trip to see the in-laws is one thing. But, plaza food for a date? Heck no.

Old 08-27-2013, 04:36 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,118,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
No. Its that just about every girl I've dated whats to go to some fancy ass place when we go out to eat. I can't even bother suggesting Subway or In-N-Out until 5-6 months into the relationship. Its not just 1-3 women, its at least a dozen or so. They do this crap when the relationship is still pretty fresh and new. I think most women expect the man to pay most of the time, like 70/30.

I really doubt women do that type of crap when they eat with their friends or alone. If any of my friends suggest a restaurant some random night we're hanging out, we're all gonna make fun of him.

The girl I'm currently dating, she knows my stance on this and doesn't give me much crap about it. My coworker at work is dealing with this issue too hence why I made this thread.
I don't go to fast food places with my girlfriends. We like to go some place with good food, good drinks, and good ambiance. We want some place we can relax and catch up. It has nothing to do with who is footing the bill.

To each their own. I don't like fast food. You don't like spending lots of money on food. I don't think that liking different kinds of food is "pulling this crap." It's simply having different taste.

And what do you consider "fancy ass?" Some place where you don't throw your empty containers in the garbage can on the way out or some place that has it's own sommelier?

Old 08-27-2013, 04:38 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,582,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I don't go to fast food places with my girlfriends. We like to go some place with good food, good drinks, and good ambiance. We want some place we can relax and catch up. It has nothing to do with who is footing the bill.

To each their own. I don't like fast food. You don't like spending lots of money on food. I don't think that liking different kinds of food is "pulling this crap." It's simply having different taste.

And what do you consider "fancy ass?" Some place where you don't throw your empty containers in the garbage can on the way out or some place that has it's own sommelier?
Same here... the only time I've really grabbed fast food with my friends was if we were coming home from a concert or event and it was late and ff was our only option. There are way too many options in Boston to settle on fast food.

Old 08-27-2013, 04:41 PM

29,700 posts, read 34,246,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I was going to say the same. When I go out with my friends, we never go to a fast food restaurant. I've been racking my brain, but I can't say that I've ever been to a fast food restaurant with my parents, either. My dad refuses to eat anywhere without table service. Maybe FF is just normal for some people--it's going out to eat. Not for me.

Old 08-27-2013, 04:41 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,118,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Same here... the only time I've really grabbed fast food with my friends was if we were coming home from a concert or event and it was late and ff was our only option. There are way too many options in Boston to settle on fast food.
Exactly. And even in the middle of the night - a 24 hour diner is more appealing to me than McD's or Taco Bell!

Yeah, living in NY - I avoid any sort of chain restaurant (unless it's an NYC chain) as much as possible. I do the same whenever I'm in a big city. It's like you said - there are too many options to resort to fast food. When I was on tour - sometimes I had to eat fast food or at chain restaurants. They don't make me happy.

Old 08-27-2013, 04:53 PM

19,045 posts, read 25,153,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Indeed. In central sq where I work there is Indian, Thai, Japanese, Chinese (real Chinese, not American Chinese), Italian, good American (3 star), or even veg at Veggie planet. Heck, I'd rather go to the BBC than McD's and that's just pub food.

Old 08-27-2013, 05:00 PM

2,279 posts, read 4,734,329 times
The only time my girlfriends and I ever do fast food is when we're on a road trip and it's the only option for miles and miles. I think I ate half of a Subway sandwich earlier this year on the day the movers came, too - it was the only quick option, and cooking wasn't an option b/c my kitchen was all packed up.

When I go out to dinner with the girls (or just one of them), we'll often wind up somewhere more posh than if I was going to go out with the BF. 2 of my girlfriends in particular have a similar mindset and we love fine dining and exploring new restaurants and being adventuresome in what we eat. (Again, we don't always eat super pricy meals. But we enjoy doing it from time to time.)

OP... I think we get it - you apparently like fast food and don't particularly care much about how your food is prepared, seasoned, ingredients sourced, etc. You see it as fuel and want a lot of it, at a reasonable (to you) price. That's fine. Others view food very differently.

You might want to try dating women who have similar views about food as you do. You'd perhaps be a bit happier.

Old 08-27-2013, 05:04 PM

87 posts, read 189,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post

As the person you quoted has pointed out already. This isn't about food. Too bad it took 26 pages for you to actually say something.

Most woman aren't going to be interested in a relationship if you're taking them for granted after the first few weeks. You can go out to a FF place anytime. There are billions of them on practically every street corner in America. But when trying to establish a connection, a relationship with someone you more than likely want to spend significant time with don't you want to do a little something different?

Would you suggest to the same women for a date activity to do laundry? yard work? help you wash your car? Would it really be shocking or thread worthy to anyone if she wasn't interested?

Old 08-27-2013, 05:06 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,950,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wry_Martini View Post
You might want to try dating women who have similar views about food as you do. You'd perhaps be a bit happier.

Based off this thread, one could induce:

1. Men don't care about food as much as women.
2. Women are willing to spend more than men on food.

One can make alot of correlations with that info...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships