Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2013, 05:48 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,202,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Well I know I am pissing in the wind here. But I will say it again. It is not a men/women discussion. My husband would not be caught dead bringing a woman to Applebees or McAnything for a date. Nor would any man I have ever dated. Nor would I on any date that I hosted.
You should change your handle to somebodyperfect
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2013, 05:49 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
This forum is hilarious. I always knew the women of CD were perfect in handling relationships (despite not having any). I never knew they were so fit and health conscious. One after another we hear how you never or seldom eat fast food. You'd think fast food places would be dying on the vine and closing stores left and right. And yet there seems to be one on every corner and usually packed. Who are these creatures so inferior to CD peeps that make them so successful?

My read on the OP is that he is really concerned with women who are ok with fast food on their own dime and time but when he's picking up the tab they become fine dining snobs.
Why would anyone lie about eating fast food? Obviously lots of people eat fast food. And most of the women on this thread actually ARE in relationships... So...

For me, it doesn't really have much to do with being fit and health conscious - fast food simply doesn't taste good to me and makes me feel sick. You don't have to believe me. If it was about money - then I would eat fast food when I'm by myself but I don't because I don't like it.

Old 08-27-2013, 05:52 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,181,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Because he is continuing to try to make this issue about food when it's clearly not.

I'd just like to see him be honest about what's bothering him. I'd also like to know why he doesn't just find a more compatible girlfriend if this one is so much trouble for him?
Because this one is f-ing him.

Old 08-27-2013, 05:53 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,627,759 times
Quote:
This forum is hilarious. I always knew the women of CD were perfect in handling relationships (despite not having any). I never knew they were so fit and health conscious. One after another we hear how you never or seldom eat fast food. You'd think fast food places would be dying on the vine and closing stores left and right. And yet there seems to be one on every corner and usually packed. Who are these creatures so inferior to CD peeps that make them so successful?

My read on the OP is that he is really concerned with women who are ok with fast food on their own dime and time but when he's picking up the tab they become fine dining snobs.
I know. Fast food must have some customers because they are a multibillion dollar industry. Obviously someone eats there and you can bet it's not just men.

Old 08-27-2013, 05:55 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
I know. Fast food must have some customers because they are a multibillion dollar industry. Obviously someone eats there and you can bet it's not just men.
I hardly think that a few women on an internet forum is representative of the entire population of the world. We were asked why we don't like fast food - so many of answered. Maybe the women that like fast food didn't feel the need to answer on this thread.

I'll say this - when I went to KFC to get my hubby's bday dinner (his request) - I felt really, really skinny!!! And I'm pregnant!

Old 08-27-2013, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigGuy View Post
I'll say it again: you need to worry about the quality of how the food is prepared. My relative told me about the horrors of working in fancy Manhattan restaurants where workers with runny noses dripped snot into the clam chowder or dropped the veal on the ground, and without bothering to clean it, put in back in the pan without hesitation. There are also no shortage of chefs who cook without washing their hands properly. And many top notch restaurants undercook their Kobe beef before serving it to you.

I'll also say a salad with lots of dressing and meat is still unhealthy even if it's from a top notch restaurant.
You can DO that? Serve it to me tartare, baby.

Old 08-27-2013, 05:56 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,800,412 times
Quote:

It's actually not all that unusual. A larger percentage of men eat fast food than women. And the older someone is, the less likely they are to eat fast food. I think a lot of the women posting here are in their 30s. If we were teens, maybe more women would chime in that they eat fast food?

http://pewsocialtrends.org/files/2010/10/Eating.pdf

Quote:

When respondents were asked
whether they eat a meal from fast
food restaurants such as McDonald’s
or Burger King, one third of the
public say they never eat such food; a
quarter say they do so less than once a
week, 22% say they do so about once
a week and the remaining 19% say
they do so twice a week or more.

Men eat at restaurants and eat fast
food more frequently than do
women. Younger adults (ages 18-49)
tend to eat at restaurants and eat fast
food more often than do older adults
(ages 50 and older). The generational
differences are especially strong when
it comes to eating fast food. About
six-in-ten (59%) adults under age 30
eat a meal every week from a fast
food restaurant, compared with about
two-in-ten (19%) of those ages 65
and older who do so

There is a big gap there "under 30" then "over 65" but basically the older you get, the less likely you are to eat fast food.

Old 08-27-2013, 05:59 PM

Quote:
You should change your handle to somebodyperfect
Good idea!

That always cracks me up. Could there be any more pointless, defensive post?

Old 08-27-2013, 06:00 PM

Quote:

You have interesting reading comprehension since most of the posters who have commented on paying are perfectly fine paying themselves. Some of us even actually eat fast food admittedly. Proudly even!

Old 08-27-2013, 06:02 PM

1,484 posts, read 2,258,134 times
I agree with Jilla about age. I ate fast food more when I was younger, one reason, it was because that was the only choice in my small hometown.

Also my system could handle it. When I was in my 20's, my doc wasn't hounding me about my blood pressure and cholesterol. I didn't have digestive issues so much. I also no longer can eat what I want and remain 120lbs. I have to actually watch it if I want to stay in the 120's, so that is why I lay off the fast food now that I'm in the upper 30's. Stupid body. Go figure, right.

If Quarter Pounders with Cheese had the nutritional value and did for me what a plate of raw veggies and grilled salmon did, I'd eat them daily. The taste isn't what puts me off at all just how it makes me feel, weight gain, etc. But what's weird, when I was younger I loved the fries, didn't care for the burgers. Now I like the burgers and can't stand the fries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships